WHO REFERRED YOU TO OPETH

Friend in high school. We made a music trade. I gave him Bodom, he gave me Opeth.

It's obvious who got the better deal there... BODOM of course! :p

My brother was making this Iraqi Freedom tribute video and was using To Bid You Farewell for it. I loved the song, and so he got more and ya.

Btw, he found Opeth on a forum (mxtabs i think)

I found them on Rhapsody (some music program) on random.

I actually hated them until my brother convinced me to listen to them, then I started really liking them over time. Then, for some strange reason, my brother starting disliking them over time! Oh well. I guess people change. :erk:

Went to buy a video game at a store. There was an employee who had
an Opeth sticker on the back of his truck, the logo looked metal to me so
i went online and did research, got some mp3s and they became my favorite band of all time, end of story.

Reactions: in_absentia
I read about Opeth in a Guitar magazine where they interviewed guitar players in the modern metal scene, one of the interviews had Mikael Akerfeldt, then I read about them in a Swedish metal article in a a magazine. Then I heard one of their songs on a compilation cd.

Someone gave me a mixed CD a few years back, and it had In Mist She Was Standing and Harvest on it. Shortly after I went out and got the 2-disc edition of Blackwater Park.

A friend at work told me about them. Said that "the vocals might be jarring at first, but they're amazing." I didn't believe him and wrote the band off.

The next week, he gave me a cd full of music, including Still Life, BwP and Deliverance. I fired BwP up and halfway into Bleak, I was hooked. Opeth was my gateway drug. :heh:

Some metal head from my grade asked me: Hey, do you want to hear a real song?
Me: Yeah...
Him: Download The Drapery Falls by a band called Opeth

And so i did. After one listen, i was converted.

Google video. Randomly ran across "The Drapery Falls" lamentations version. After 2 watches/listens, I immediately went to get the DVD. The rest is history.

A friend sent me Harvest, then To Rid the Disease. I absolutely loved those two, but then he sent me Demon of the Fall. At that time I just couldn't stand this kind of vocals so I dismissed the band. Then someone showed me the Lamentations show and, for some reason, I had no problem really getting into Master's Apprentices, and after that the road to the rest of the band's stuff was very short.

Saw the Opeth logo in someones signature at another forum I go to, thought the logo was cool, enquired and the bloke sent me an mp3 of the song Blackwater Park and I fucking loved it, never looked back since.

A friend sent me Harvest, then To Rid the Disease. I absolutely loved those two, but then he sent me Demon of the Fall. At that time I just couldn't stand this kind of vocals so I dismissed the band. Then someone showed me the Lamentations show and, for some reason, I had no problem really getting into Master's Apprentices, and after that the road to the rest of the band's stuff was very short.

Interesting, MA was the song that I first liked the death vocals on too. From there they were no problem.