Who should front NW now?

If that's what you'd like to see in NW then consider the lovely lady from Shadowside (Dani Nolden, I believe) in front of NW. That would certainly be interesting.

Doro has a great rock voice and I’m looking forward to seeing her in Feb. Although I can’t get into Halestorm, Lzzy has an awesome voice with lots of rasp that works well with their mostly-retro, hard-rock sound. From the Ayreon world, Marjan Welman is not all that well known but her rock voice is just stunning.

As for NW, I think a pure rock/metal vocalist would disappoint many fans. It seemed that the audiences especially loved hearing Floor do some of the Tarja-era stuff that Anette could just not handle. I consider Floor primarily a rock-voice vocalist with significant opera flexibility but not a classical singer in the least. Her belting and ability to go quite high at full-power chest voice stand out far more for me than her opera voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You rock gal !!! However, in metal today, you are a rare breed it seems.

Bryant

Thanks! I actually am with you, it FEELS like the traditional metal singing style is rare, but you know, we are out there. I don't think we're very popular right now, is all. We've been squeezed out by ladies in corsets (lol) who sing sweetly, which is cool and all but it ain't my bag most of the time.

I think the trend will change, eventually. At one point, it felt like all the most popular chicks in metal were trying to growl. Now it feels like the exact opposite!

Please note: I said it FEELS this way. It may or may not be true.

Thanks! I actually am with you, it FEELS like the traditional metal singing style is rare, but you know, we are out there. I don't think we're very popular right now, is all. We've been squeezed out by ladies in corsets (lol) who sing sweetly, which is cool and all but it ain't my bag most of the time.

I think the trend will change, eventually. At one point, it felt like all the most popular chicks in metal were trying to growl. Now it feels like the exact opposite!

Please note: I said it FEELS this way. It may or may not be true.
I did pick up your CD at J & R the other day. You have some serious chops. :)

NIGHTWISH Founder Tuomas Holopainen On Choosing New Vocalist - "Nothing Will Be Decided Before 2014"

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/193698 :

NIGHTWISH keyboardist/founder Tuomas Holopainen recently appeared on the Nelosen Uutiset program in his native Finland and offered a few details regarding who will take over as the band's vocalist. Floor Jansen (REVAMP / ex-AFTER FOREVER) currently holds the position for touring purposes following Anette Olzon's mid-tour departure at the end of September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk. I see Floor possibly losing interest if they don't let her know one way or another before 2014. That's a long time.

Losing interest in fronting the biggest female-fronted metal band in the world a year from now, and make an unbelievable living doing so? And that's considering they won't be releasing any studio material between now and then...???

You smoking crack dude? :lol::lol:

Idk. I see Floor possibly losing interest if they don't let her know one way or another before 2014. That's a long time.
She's booked to do shows with them through August of 2013, then is going to release and promote the second ReVamp album...at that point, she'll either get the Nightwish job, or move on with ReVamp and her other interests.

And that's ignoring, as AngraRULES said, the idea of losing interest in what amounts to one of the most visible roles in metal. Who knows, maybe she won't want the job based upon what they offer her on a permanent basis, everyone has their own reasons for their actions. However, I sincerely doubt that being made to wait a few extra months would play into her decision.

I've been a fan of Floor since the early days of After Forever and have thoroughly enjoyed all her work up to her current band ReVamp. She becoming a permanent member of Nightwish would make me interested in the band again and I think would be a wonderful opportunity for her. She is having a blast touring with them from what I hear and the chemistry with the rest of the band is great so she seems like a perfect fit. No wonder as Floor has the voice of a goddess and is a very talented artist. Whatever she decides to do I wish her the best. Can't wait for the second ReVamp album and after that, bring the Floor fronted Nightwish material!

If she does joins Nightwish tho, I do wish she continues with ReVamp as it is her band and in it she has complete creative freedom.

I think it's a good way to test the waters for both parties. No official announcement or obligation they'll be held to, but Floor and the guys can both see how they click on the road and decide how to move forward. For what it's worth, I feel she wouldn't give up such an opportunity, especially seeing how happy she's look at concert videos and from her blog.

I think it's a good way to test the waters for both parties. No official announcement or obligation they'll be held to, but Floor and the guys can both see how they click on the road and decide how to move forward..

That's what I was thinking. A year on the road together will go a long ways towards figuring out if there will be any personality clashes and help avoid whatever came up between the band and Anette. At least Tuomas left the door open to Floor being the permanent singer - that gets my hopes up a bit.

Yeah, because ANY female vocalist in the world would go to NW and say, "YOU BETTER LET ME KNOW ASAP OR ELSE I AM GOING TO WALK and make 1000000% less $$$$ on my own" LOL............

I know you are all Floor fangirls, but it would be impossible to reach the height of fronting NW.

You are my boy, but that was one of the biggest FAILPOSTS I have seen in a while.

It may have been. :lol: Just seemed like a long time to wait.
Only to the fans. I think it's a wise decision on Tuomas's part to see how things are after a lengthy summer tour. I think the decision will pretty much be made by then, but he's know for keeping things "in-house" for awhile, even after something is decided. I think things will be pretty clear at the end of the touring season. He'll either start auditioning new singers or start working in the studio. Info on that is bound to leak out. Anyway, I think it will be obvious but we'll just have to wait around until he makes it official.