Who should front NW now?

Think of all the characteristics a singer needs to front Nightwish, and then think of who would be a great pick for the band.

Putting a list of singers together would be fruitless as everyone has a choice I could not think of...so name her.

I think they should get someone with lots of experience in the genre, able to please the crowd, and be a little more mature and a great team player.
I don't think Floor would be the choice, simply because she has projects of her own to complete (Revamp). But she will be excellent for the remainder of this tour.

My choice as the next lead singer for NW:
Amanda Sommerville

First of all, I don't think anyone considering joining Nightwish would turn it down because of other musical projects, there's just too much earning potential vs *anything* else a potential singer can do in the genre. Beyond that, I think whoever they pick should have experience touring extensively and have a track record of being able to hold up under the rigors of that. And since it's Nightwish I guess they have to be willing to dye their hair black.

Amanda Sommerville or Floor Jansen.

To be fair, their current bands (ReVamp and Trillium) will likely not get anywhere relevant in the metal scene (both sales and poopularity-wise), so they should take the opportunity if it's presented to them.

First of all, I don't think anyone considering joining Nightwish would turn it down because of other musical projects, there's just too much earning potential vs *anything* else a potential singer can do in the genre. Beyond that, I think whoever they pick should have experience touring extensively and have a track record of being able to hold up under the rigors of that. And since it's Nightwish I guess they have to be willing to dye their hair black.

This, and lol about the hair.

I'm praying for a make up with Tarja, I know it won't happen, but in my fantasy world I can dream.

Short of that I would love to see them have hired guns for the old material and let Marco take over for all future lead vocals.

Tarja was overrated to begin with, and that's not going to happen in any case.

I'm for Marco for future stuff. For reasons I can't identify I really love his vocals. I'm not a big fan of Tarot, though, so I'm always out for songs on which he appears. I really love the tracks he's done with Delain, and of course the stuff he does in NW.

I'm praying for a make up with Tarja, I know it won't happen, but in my fantasy world I can dream.

Keep dreaming. I'd love for it to happen, but the problem with Annette seems to be a similar problem they had with Tarja. Ego. I honestly don't know how they're going to avoid that problem though. It's really luck of the draw. The only thing I can think of is if they were to pick someone the band has known for years and are close to.

Tarja was overrated to begin with, and that's not going to happen in any case.

I'm for Marco for future stuff. For reasons I can't identify I really love his vocals. I'm not a big fan of Tarot, though, so I'm always out for songs on which he appears. I really love the tracks he's done with Delain, and of course the stuff he does in NW.

We will have to agree to disagree on Tarja.

No way in hell Marco does all future stuff. They would lose a gigantic part of their fanbase, and I love Marco but he shouldn't be the one fronting the band the majority of the time.

We will have to agree to disagree on Tarja.

No way in hell Marco does all future stuff. They would lose a gigantic part of their fanbase, and I love Marco but he shouldn't be the one fronting the band the majority of the time.

It's ok. I know that I'm in a very puny minority with that claim.

You're likely right about Marco killing the fanbase, though. His vocals aren't very accessible.

It's ok. I know that I'm in a very puny minority with that claim.

You're likely right about Marco killing the fanbase, though. His vocals aren't very accessible.

I think "killing the fanbase" had more to do with Marco not looking good in a dress, not his vocal style.