who sings better live

johnnyMT said:
you seem to think so also, with your constant reunion bashing.

No way. I´m always laughing when I read that "with Joey they finally can play thrash again" as if it was up to the singer.
But there´s some truth to it anyway, if there´s a new album with Joey, it will be 80´s metal attempt to please those who once turned their backs to the band.

johnnieCzech said:
No way. I´m always laughing when I read that "with Joey they finally can play thrash again" as if it was up to the singer.
But there´s some truth to it anyway, if there´s a new album with Joey, it will be 80´s metal attempt to please those who once turned their backs to the band.

If you really thought the singer didn't matter, you would realize that they are NOT going backwards rather than forwards by getting Joey back, and you would not say that the follow up to WCFYA will never really be released until they bring Bush back. You'd see that the band is always going forwards, trying new things despite who they have at the mic.

Just because the next album will have the 80s singer, it doesn't mean they are going to put out a full-on 80s speed metal album, because the band has changed considerably in the 13 years he's been gone. Any idiot knows that. I'm just looking forward to see the reunited band because I never got to see them the first time around, as I was too young when they were in their prime.

johnnyMT said:
If you really thought the singer didn't matter, you would realize that they are NOT going backwards rather than forwards by getting Joey back, and you would not say that the follow up to WCFYA will never really be released until they bring Bush back. You'd see that the band is always going forwards, trying new things despite who they have at the mic.

Just because the next album will have the 80s singer, it doesn't mean they are going to put out a full-on 80s speed metal album, because the band has changed considerably in the 13 years he's been gone. Any idiot knows that. I'm just looking forward to see the reunited band because I never got to see them the first time around, as I was too young when they were in their prime.
And you think that the Reunion si not going backwards??? They erease the past 13 years just for doing this big waste of time (IMO). They've let their singer and their lead guitarist at home for doing this! And they do all this after had release their best album in years (WCFYA), their greatest live album and dvd (MOMD) ever and a very unique and awesome greatest hits album (GO2E)! :Smug:

Matt Bello said:
And you think that the Reunion si not going backwards??? They erease the past 13 years just for doing this big waste of time (IMO). They've let their singer and their lead guitarist at home for doing this! And they do all this after had release their best album in years (WCFYA), their greatest live album and dvd (MOMD) ever and a very unique and awesome greatest hits album (GO2E)! :Smug:

They're not going backwards at all. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, among others, also reunited with their original members and got a great response. Why can't Anthrax do it as well?

And John Bush just had a kid, and HE was the one that suggested the reunion rather than a dual singers tour, according to Scott. Rob......well I couldn't care less about that guy. He's a producer, I'm sure he would have parted ways with Anthrax sooner or later anyway to focus on that. I'm not even going to comment on Frank re-replacing Joey Vera on bass.

The way I see it....this is what Charlie & Scott want to do, I don't understand why people are saying they're going backwards. Regardless of what they do, they'll always be moving forwards.

johnnyMT said:
They're not going backwards at all. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, among others, also reunited with their original members and got a great response. Why can't Anthrax do it as well?

And John Bush just had a kid, and HE was the one that suggested the reunion rather than a dual singers tour, according to Scott. Rob......well I couldn't care less about that guy. He's a producer, I'm sure he would have parted ways with Anthrax sooner or later anyway to focus on that. I'm not even going to comment on Frank re-replacing Joey Vera on bass.

The way I see it....this is what Charlie & Scott want to do, I don't understand why people are saying they're going backwards. Regardless of what they do, they'll always be moving forwards.

We'll see about the new album.
It's backwards just because the "newest" song they play live now was written twenty years ago.

johnnieCzech said:
We'll see about the new album.
It's backwards just because the "newest" song they play live now was written twenty years ago.

They rehearsed for 2 days prior to the reunion tour.....and you expect new songs???

don't worry there will be soon enough! BTW in all honesty most people only come to concerts for hearing the classics wheter you like it or not...I sometimes get annoyed too with Priest and AC/DC always playing the same 20 songs, but on the other I would be annoyed if they didn't play em too...

spacebeer said:
They rehearsed for 2 days prior to the reunion tour.....and you expect new songs???

Not really. I only tried to explain why I think it's moving backwards not forward.

don't worry there will be soon enough! BTW in all honesty most people only come to concerts for hearing the classics wheter you like it or not...I sometimes get annoyed too with Priest and AC/DC always playing the same 20 songs, but on the other I would be annoyed if they didn't play em too...

I agree. But anyway, this reunion tour would be far more interesting if they had come up with some songs they hadn't played before (just like they promised in the interviews). They only added two songs like that (Medusa and Time) to the set list which had been played with the Bush lineup.

I like Joey better. I do he think he sounds outdated at times but he is what he is.. I think Bush does a shitty job doing classic Anthrax tunes and they just don't come off good... He sings his songs good, but I don't like the musical direction they went with him...

spacebeer said:

Please don't compare the "situation" in the Anthrax camp to that of AC/DC'S
AC/DC mix it up pretty well from tour to tour. Sure they will play the same 10 songs every tour, but would you expect anything less from the greatest band ever?

Bon died, Brian then replaced him. Brian became the voice of AC/DC by necessity.
Joey was fired; John then replaced him. John became the voice of Anthrax by choice.

I MISS JOHN BUSH!
LONG LIVE BON SCOTT!

walking dead 666 said:
Please don't compare the "situation" in the Anthrax camp to that of AC/DC'S
AC/DC mix it up pretty well from tour to tour. Sure they will play the same 10 songs every tour, but would you expect anything less from the greatest band ever?

Bon died, Brian then replaced him. Brian became the voice of AC/DC by necessity.
Joey was fired; John then replaced him. John became the voice of Anthrax by choice.

I MISS JOHN BUSH!
LONG LIVE BON SCOTT!

You choice, but apart from that the camparison is pretty good,...

Joey is my choice and I don;t see it as moving backward but a 1,000 stepr forward, hell like I said I'd even enjoy and buy a new AMORED SAINT album I'd say that would be collateral enjoyment!

And what happen to the Belladonna band?? We need a new Belladonna solo album. The worl would be a better place with a new Belladonna solo album. Joey, dont forget and lets us down, quit the band and release more solo album, please!! :Smug:

johnnieCzech said:
They only added two songs like that (Medusa and Time) to the set list which had been played with the Bush lineup.

Slight correction.
They did "Armed and Dangerous" opening night in Detroit. I don't think they have done it since then. Bush only sang a small part of that in a medley. They also did "Now It's Dark" in Puerto Rico. I don't know if they'll do it again or not.

But I see your point regardless.

jdelpi said:
Slight correction.
They did "Armed and Dangerous" opening night in Detroit. I don't think they have done it since then. Bush only sang a small part of that in a medley. They also did "Now It's Dark" in Puerto Rico. I don't know if they'll do it again or not.

But I see your point regardless.

I recall catching Armed And Dangerous in Prague with Bush...but you're right it was not the whole song, it was a part of this old school meddley. I don't know all setlists of the reunion show, I was judging partially from the setlists posted here, from the Sydney bootleg and Alive 2 setlist.