who sings better live

Bush was just a replacement.
yeah and i can't wait till he replaces him again. 13 years is a long time to be a replacement but, i guess when your shits good you get to stick around longer than the guy you replaced was in the band for. :headbang:

Johns voice has lost some over the years but still sounds amazing. ( listen to John on the Early Armored Saint..he actually had some sweet higher screams that he could never pull off now)... Joey sounds amazing on this tour but I have some boots where he sounds pretty off as well.

overall both singers are great , believe it or not you can actually like both!
and Turbin had alot of power on fistfull....

t-rave said:
Johns voice has lost some over the years but still sounds amazing. ( listen to John on the Early Armored Saint..he actually had some sweet higher screams that he could never pull off now)... Joey sounds amazing on this tour but I have some boots where he sounds pretty off as well.

overall both singers are great , believe it or not you can actually like both!
and Turbin had alot of power on fistfull....

I honestly like John Bush, seriously just not with ANTHRAX....singers make bands you know...

Plus as we discussed 1000X before ANTHRAX sounds totally different with both singers and not just vocally but also the music, and I happen to like the fast riff laden thrash stuff a helluva lot more than the neo grungy pantera wannabe stuff!

The way I see it is: Joey is the best at singing the songs on the albums he did originally, and John is the best at singing the songs on the albums he did originally as well. Although I think both of 'em are better at singing Turbin's stuff than Neil. Overall, Joey is my favourite Anthrax singer.

spacebeer said:
Plus as we discussed 1000X before ANTHRAX sounds totally different with both singers and not just vocally but also the music, and I happen to like the fast riff laden thrash stuff a helluva lot more than the neo grungy pantera wannabe stuff!

And you think that the change of music direction was caused by the singers?

johnnieCzech said:
And you think that the change of music direction was caused by the singers?

Where did I state that?
It's not ONLY John's voice I don't like most of the problem is the music, which undoubtedly he had little influence on!

john is a better singer live but joey has the charisma to make up for it,belladonna is so cool on stage,doesnt feel the need for the lets go ,yeah yeah yeah cmon lines either,he is just himself.

mrthrax said:
john is a better singer live but joey has the charisma to make up for it,belladonna is so cool on stage,doesnt feel the need for the lets go ,yeah yeah yeah cmon lines either,he is just himself.

Agreed on most part except for John being a "better" singer, I don;t think he is, he has a pretty unique voice (just like Joey BTW) but the rest is a matter of preference and of course in the ear of the beholder.

If you judge it by hitting the notes from the studio recordings I think Joey does a better job...

Johns voice has lost some over the years but still sounds amazing.
Name one singer who has'nt lost a step over 20 years in the metal business. everybody bashes Hetfield but Mustaine, Halford, Dickinson, Araya and, Belladonna while all these guys have unique styles and can still sing. they are not what they were 20 years ago either. your voice is your intrument but it changes over time. you can take really good care of it but, when your in your 40's you don't sound like you did when you were 20 it's just a simple truth. John still has a great voice. The fact he can still go out and do it night after night proves that