Who Would Make A Good OpnerFor Opeth?

Akercocke I thought were a good choice, but because for some reason they also put Burst on before them, they only got to play 5 songs. Also, they're a lot faster than Opeth so perhaps that doesn't make them so good.

Enslaved would be pretty awesome, though they're a headlining act themselves really.

Martriden would be pretty good.

:erk::erk:

no offense, but that would be one of the last bands i picked. im not a fan of amon amarth,so i may be impartial.

heres my choice for openers:

enslaved
wolves in the throne room
isis
pelican (again)

probably wouldnt happen...but ISIS.

i think Katatonia would work well too. they havent done much stateside either...so it would definitely help promote them as well...

and then you would pretty much also get bloodbath :D

Katatonia and Porcupine Tree are the most obvious picks, but aside from them:

In Mourning
The Ocean
Textures
Biomechanical
The Foreshadowing

In no particular order:
Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Candlemass, Subterranian Masquerade, Novembre, Dark Suns, etc, etc, etc...

Bloodbath, just because.
I very much agree with Candlemass. Also, Dark Tranquillity. Either of those would be awesome. Of course, either of those would be awesome on their own and so is Opeth, so putting them in a show together, regardless of who opens for who and how their musical styles fit together, would be badass.

Wolves in the throne room!

Isis, Katatonia, Novembers Doom, Porcupine Tree, Anathema or Agalloch would be amazing aswell.

Ah, Anathema would be a great choice, forgot about them.

I don't really agree with the heavier death-metal suggestions. I think the way to go with Opeth, now that I think about it, would be a mellower prog-ish band like Anathema (they're mellower now than they used to be) which would complement the melodic side of Opeth but make the impact of Opeth's heavier side more crushing when they come on. Of course that goes against the bands I suggested above somewhat but there you go.

I guess more than Amon Amarth I wouldpick Tool. Only problem is Maynard's head is so far up his ass he wouldnt do it unless they headlined.

TOOL opening for Opeth? Opeth opening for TOOL with Opeth given an hour and a half set, and TOOL their normal two hour set would be fantastic. Messugah opened for TOOL on the Lateralus tour, and got some great exposure, but TOOL is on hiatus for another five years.... give Puscifer a listen. Really cool stuff.

Mix