Who would you accept as 'Anathema'

its not about the lyrics, its the way of singing (with the fem. vocals, to sound bombastic... (thats the feeling i get about it)
no, not for me liking

Hmm... There's a whole bunch of songs I don't like on Judgement. It includes 2 of my favorites though, Judgement and Forgotten Hopes. I don't like Deep (anymore :(), Pitiless, Wings of God, Don't Look too Far (chorus indeed), Anyone Anywhere, etc...
Oh and Emotional Winter is good but the intro is SOOOOO Pink Floyd ripped off! :lol:

youre kinda right about deep and pitiless and dont look to far.
wings of god and anyone anywhere are more then good songs though (yeah: pybus)

thats what i thought in the first place,but then it wasnt like this anymore.and the main phrase is repeated so many times it can be stuck in the mind,good element

ok throw it in the dustbin stubborn belgian!

if i begin to feel lighter,hold me down
and i'll be yours for evermore" vincent at his best too

Originally posted by Sopel
i love john's compositions : simple but great Make It Right, peaceful Don't Look Too Far, Wings of God, great beginning of Looking Outside Inside, Pressure and AFDTE. he's great composer and together with danny they make irreplaceable tandem.

exactly! i love douglas' song-writing. "make it right" is godly!

Make it Right is well good. I heard it in a Dublin nightclub for the first time last week. Two guys were breakdancing and imitating a bullfighter and a bull on the dancefloor. If Rick Astley had of released that in the 80s it would have gone straight to number one. Up the 80s! Fuck metal!

I find it hard to believe you aint heard Judgement mate, is it something to do with you leaving after Alternative 4? well it's a damn good album is judgement and worth a listen

Originally posted by Andy_2003
I find it hard to believe you aint heard Judgement mate, is it something to do with you leaving after Alternative 4? well it's a damn good album is judgement and worth a listen
This album is just not the typical Anathema or Duncan style... In fact, there's a whole lot of cheese in it imo

ah, he heard some tunes from Judgement now.
Deep, he heard Pitiless by accident in Athens, it seems Make It Right as well, One Last Goodbye, Judgement, ?

Originally posted by Mariner
i do not agree, because when Dunc left you still used the name.
when Waters didnt want to, they started Pink Floyd again.
when Chris Barnes left Cannibal Corpse (not that i ever liked it :zombie: ), when Logan Mader left Machine Head, when Max left Sepultura...
And in these examples the bands suffered musically, while they are still using the name. You cant blame them/yourself for that. (btw you're still doing good, dont want to make a fuzz ;))

well mariner, on my post i said if "BOTH dunc and danny left they would have to change the name" not if one of them left.