Who would you like Opeth to tour with?

it wouldn't happen but

Opeth
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Soilwork

maybe some bands like Norther? or just fuck it and have Opeth fest... Opeth playing for a day on an outdoor stage infront of 50,000 metallers with beer tents mmmm ok i'll stop

Fuck, that would be one shitty tour. Scrap In Flames, CoB, Arch Enemy and Soilwork...then it's not that bad anymore.
Norther wouldn't be much better, even if they're alright.

They should tour with Anathema or Green Carnation. Either of those two bands would be a nice, and a much more peaceful, opener.
Actually, Nightingale would be even better.

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
heh, i saw opeth with nevermore....twice.

anyway, if i had to choose id want to see them with yes, or king crimson, or rush. that would be the ultimate show...they would probably agree.

Why not the two biggest influences of the band? Camel, and Morbid Angel!!!

ramses said:
Why not the two biggest influences of the band? Camel, and Morbid Angel!!!

I wouldnt say Camel is necessarily the biggest influence on the band. Mikael and i have talked before about how big of an impact Yes was on him as well...that was basically the first prog band he heard...and the band that got him into bands like Camel in the first place. but i wouldnt argue...Camel and morbid angel would also be amazing to see with Opeth.

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
I wouldnt say Camel is necessarily the biggest influence on the band. Mikael and i have talked before about how big of an impact Yes was on him as well...that was basically the first prog band he heard...and the band that got him into bands like Camel in the first place. but i wouldnt argue...Camel and morbid angel would also be amazing to see with Opeth.

Yeah, I talked to him at the Brass Mug show in Tampa, on the BP tour with Nevermore, along with the other guys..(mostly Lindgren).The first band to get Mikael to start Opeth was Morbid Angel, then he started listening to 70's prog...etc.... and Camel is his favorite out of those. Yes has been my favorite, and still is. But sadly, they were just here in Tampa, and it's the first time I've missed them since the Big Generator tour. I already spent what money I had to go see Iced Earth, and Children of Bodom/Evergrey...no regrets though! Of course, it would be awesome to see Opeth with Yes or King Crimson/Rush, but you know that Yes and Rush pretty much the last few decades just go it alone! Primus was the last to open for Rush (I'm pretty sure..back in 91' Roll the Bones Tour).

TheFourthHorseman said:
Fuck, that would be one shitty tour. Scrap In Flames, CoB, Arch Enemy and Soilwork...then it's not that bad anymore.
Norther wouldn't be much better, even if they're alright.

They should tour with Anathema or Green Carnation. Either of those two bands would be a nice, and a much more peaceful, opener.
Actually, Nightingale would be even better.

I agree, completely. In Flames, CoB, Arch Enemy and Soilwork are the most generic and boring of the melodic death metal genre (these were my first extreme metal bands, too... funny how that works).

ramses said:
Yeah, I talked to him at the Brass Mug show in Tampa, on the BP tour with Nevermore, along with the other guys..(mostly Lindgren).The first band to get Mikael to start Opeth was Morbid Angel, then he started listening to 70's prog...etc.... and Camel is his favorite out of those. Yes has been my favorite, and still is. But sadly, they were just here in Tampa, and it's the first time I've missed them since the Big Generator tour. I already spent what money I had to go see Iced Earth, and Children of Bodom/Evergrey...no regrets though! Of course, it would be awesome to see Opeth with Yes or King Crimson/Rush, but you know that Yes and Rush pretty much the last few decades just go it alone! Primus was the last to open for Rush (I'm pretty sure..back in 91' Roll the Bones Tour).

Very true, a tour too good for reality...and like you said...not possible anymore. But anyway, yes...camel with opeth and/or morbid angel would be solid.

Testamentt said:
I agree, completely. In Flames, CoB, Arch Enemy and Soilwork are the most generic and boring of the melodic death metal genre (these were my first extreme metal bands, too... funny how that works).

Exactly. Not that Arch Enemy's (or In Flames' and Soilwork's) first 3 albums aren't great and all, but I don't find myself listening to them much. Bands like that get boring so easily. I could tolerate Dark Tranquillity much better than any of those...at least they've been changing in a healthy manner.

Lord_AgathoN said:
the ideal support already was with Opeth on tour.............its Virgin Black :)

I would kill to see a Opeth Concert with this support........
I'm pretty sure VB played support for Opeth during the last tour down under.

And now they're supporting Nazxul... funny that.

Lord_AgathoN said:
the ideal support already was with Opeth on tour.............its Virgin Black :)

I would kill to see a Opeth Concert with this support........
Yup, the man is right. Oh, and I saw them together... twice. ;) At the time I was expecting more D1 than D2 to go with a VB set though. But it still worked nicely. :)