Who you leaning towards in 2008 Presidential Election?

Rock the Vote (With your cack out)

• Rudy "I love faggoths" Giuliani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That midget liberal who looks like an old Guardian of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do you know what theory of evolution actually is? The question of who created the universe (disregarding the fact that it's a completely leading question), is a complete non sequitur.

Do you know what theory of evolution actually is? The question of who created the universe (disregarding the fact that it's a completely leading question), is a complete non sequitur.

I am aware, but I find a connection. I have met in my life people who believe EVERY word of the bible to be hard fact, while still believing in evolution. I do not know where Obama stands on this, but a wonderful Biology teacher I had years ago did stand very firm on that belief. I asked him one time, just to stir shit up, "You believe in every word of the bible to be firm truth, including the creation of the earth, correct?" "Yes." "But you believe in Evolution too, right?" "Yes." "Were Adam and Eve human?" "Yes." "Then where does Evolution fit into your beliefs on religion? If God created everything as it is, when did evolution happen? Was it only slight evolution of the brain? Or was it full blown evolution? Were Adam and Eve monkeys?"

Never did I get an answer on that.

That was the only non-mormon sciences teacher I had ever had in Utah, sadly... the mormons were fucking ridiculous with sciences. Worst sect of religion to teach ANYTHING.

No idea. Can't wrap my head around the maze of logic that would be involved there.

Anyway... let's look at 2012. 2008's election is spent already... Honestly, I think we've all said as much as we can and now it's just a matter of waiting.

I say it's a Clinton/Edwards (or even the other way around) ticket for the dems if Obama loses and a Rice/Lieberman ticket for the Republicans...

I'm pretty sure Obama is a lot less religious than he insists that he is, and I suspect that that's the case for many politicians in the US, and that goes down throughout history. For example, Lincoln's speechwriters always had to edit his speeches after he wrote them to include references to God.

I found the down to earth style from Palin really fucking annoying. I don't want a down to earth person as a vice president; I want a professional.

Seconded 100%. Something tells me most of it is just schtick, too...which makes it even more annoying.
To her credit, most politicians try to take this route...but she takes it too far for my tastes.

I am aware, but I find a connection. I have met in my life people who believe EVERY word of the bible to be hard fact, while still believing in evolution. I do not know where Obama stands on this, but a wonderful Biology teacher I had years ago did stand very firm on that belief. I asked him one time, just to stir shit up, "You believe in every word of the bible to be firm truth, including the creation of the earth, correct?" "Yes." "But you believe in Evolution too, right?" "Yes." "Were Adam and Eve human?" "Yes." "Then where does Evolution fit into your beliefs on religion? If God created everything as it is, when did evolution happen? Was it only slight evolution of the brain? Or was it full blown evolution? Were Adam and Eve monkeys?"

Never did I get an answer on that.

That was the only non-mormon sciences teacher I had ever had in Utah, sadly... the mormons were fucking ridiculous with sciences. Worst sect of religion to teach ANYTHING.
The point I was making, was that no matter how religious a person is they can still recognize evolution as a fact and theory. It's not a problem them being religious unless they want to teach creationism with equal footing. Most people recognize that their faith and science are two separate things. I can't keep them separate, hence why I have no faith; However, if religious people can do it and keep their bullshit out of the schools, it's fine with me.

I score the debate a draw.
That's all the proof you need that Biden won.

In a game played to 21, using the official RiA scoring system, Biden started off -20 because of his black running mate. The fact that RiA called it a tie, actually shows Biden won handily.

The one stroke of genius in this debate, was Biden taring down the "maverick" mantle that Palin spent the entire debate constructing. After spending 80 minutes trying convince America that John McSame and Caribou Barbie are reformers and mavericks, Biden waited until there was only 10 minutes to go, asked Ifill he could say something, and then completely destroyed that notion. It was masterful the way he let her play that card all night long and then took it out of her hand and tore it to shreds.

If the goal was for Palin not to embarrass herself, she did that. Not surprising. Has any campaign ever worked harder to lower expectations about one of their candidates? She's a brighter person than the far left wants to admit that she is. But she's demonstrated, time and again, she's completely unqualified to be President. And given McCain's age, the qualifications of a VP nominee has never, in the history of the country, been more important.

Zod

Biden waited until there was only 10 minutes to go, asked Ifill he could say something, and then completely destroyed that notion. It was masterful the way he let her play that card all night long and then took it out of her hand and tore it to shreds.
good analysis

im not one to pick, but this bothered me. in the debate, Palin said she and her husband were middle class, and always have been, in response to Biden talk about taxes.

released by the McCain campaign: "Palin and her husband listed assets worth from $960,000 to $2.3 million."

if that's middle class, I must need welfare. oh how they must be suffering.

oh and: "Sarah and Todd Palin underpaid their estimated taxes with an April extension and could owe interest, according to an Associated Press analysis of the couple's 2007 federal tax returns released Friday by the McCain campaign."

im not one to pick, but this bothered me. in the debate, Palin said she and her husband were middle class, and always have been, in response to Biden talk about taxes.

I noticed that. :puke:

hahahahaha ... just got this photo from my friend who is a construction supervisor on this very building.
the developer just hung this on it on Friday as the building is on the Brooklyn waterfront facing the Wall St. Area

palin.jpg

Why doesn't Obama bring up his Payroll Tax? "Tax cuts for 95%!", just federal tax cuts... what about payroll tax, social security tax, etc. Oh wait, he doesn't even know what he's doing with that considering it's changed 1000000 times.

95% Tax cuts?! Only 70+% of the population even pays taxes.

I've just tuned in fully now, I listened to bits and pieces of it on my way to and from the grocery store. From what I've heard McCain is whipping him handedly.