Why do people call CoB an emo band?

If you want to get technical, even Insomnium is an emo band, ha.

But people who claim that most bands are emo don't know the real emo bands of the 80's. The crap now(hawthorne heights, MCR, etc), that's what I call neo-pop "emo"

If you want to get technical, even Insomnium is an emo band, ha.

But people who claim that most bands are emo don't know the real emo bands of the 80's. The crap now(hawthorne heights, MCR, etc), that's what I call neo-pop "emo"

Agreed.

I dunno man it just totally shocks me how they can call em emo? lol they need to listen to Hatebreeder!!

Most people who talk shit about Bodom though have never even heard one of their songs.

People call CoB emo because:
1. Alexi uses eyeliner
2. Alexi paints his nails black
3. Alexi used to cut himself

But people don't know why he does that ... because he is a huge Glam rock (WASP, motley, alice cooper) fan.

That's true but usually people who have just heard few CoB songs don't know that Alexi has cut himself. So it's mostly for make up. But I believe that many people call CoB emo, pop-metal, commercial metal and so on only because CoB has become so popular. To many metal listeners their image is very important and CoB isn't tr00 so you can't listen to it. So you have to bash CoB because it's popular and emo is one of those terms they use to call bands that sell too much. I've seen people call Dimmu and Behemoth emo and gay too just because they aren't underground anymore. Some people also call CoB and Alexi gay and emo and everything just because they're jealous for some stupid reasons like they know that they'll never become as popular as CoB, they will never become as good guitarists as Alexi or their girlfriends think that Alexi is better looking than themselves or something like that.

^actually most of them have, but they heard blooddrunk

People like you are another reason. It's ok if you don't like Blooddrunk, but where the fuck is the resemblance between Blooddrunk and emo music? If people like you go complaining about it that way in other forums (dunno if you specifically do it, but many others do) and complaining about how cooler they were before, people who have never heard them automatically labels them as emo/gay.

People call CoB emo because:
1. Alexi uses eyeliner
2. Alexi paints his nails black
3. Alexi used to cut himself

But people don't know why he does that ... because he is a huge Glam rock (WASP, motley, alice cooper) fan.

True.

That's true but usually people who have just heard few CoB songs don't know that Alexi has cut himself. So it's mostly for make up. But I believe that many people call CoB emo, pop-metal, commercial metal and so on only because CoB has become so popular. To many metal listeners their image is very important and CoB isn't tr00 so you can't listen to it. So you have to bash CoB because it's popular and emo is one of those terms they use to call bands that sell too much. I've seen people call Dimmu and Behemoth emo and gay too just because they aren't underground anymore. Some people also call CoB and Alexi gay and emo and everything just because they're jealous for some stupid reasons like they know that they'll never become as popular as CoB, they will never become as good guitarists as Alexi or their girlfriends think that Alexi is better looking than themselves or something like that.

Agreed.

I like the album, but you'd be an idiot to say that the name of the album, didn't have self-destructive (a trait common in modern "emos") connotations.

I like the album, but you'd be an idiot to say that the name of the album, didn't have self-destructive (a trait common in modern "emos") connotations.

So judge the name of the album instead of judging the music on the album?

I think BD kicks ass. :headbang:

Although FTR is probably my fav.

Seriously? I post on other forums and people calling CoB an emo band is just stupid. :ill:

Why do you care?

Here's a tip for all you younger ladies and gents! If you like it, who gives a fuck about anyone else's opinion. As long as you are enjoying yourself, don't worry about what other people think. Life is too short for that shit. :)

Think of it this way. When someone calls something you like gay/emo/retarded: You're enjoying the music having a good time listening, the people in the band are making money and having a good time playing it, and that person is sitting there being a bitter douche. Out of the three I only see on person who's being retarded.

Why do you care?

Here's a tip for all you younger ladies and gents! If you like it, who gives a fuck about anyone else's opinion. As long as you are enjoying yourself, don't worry about what other people think. Life is too short for that shit. :)

Think of it this way. When someone calls something you like gay/emo/retarded: You're enjoying the music having a good time listening, the people in the band are making money and having a good time playing it, and that person is sitting there being a bitter douche. Out of the three I only see on person who's being retarded.

Yeah I know. I don't care I'm just curious. :p

My cousin girl who just turned 15 knows Death, but about Bodom she just said yuck. That's why I cut contact :lol: (Really, how fucking stupid is that? 14 year olds can't really like Death.) No, it's just that people who call Bodom emo don't understand metal (/music), and just listen to heavy stuff to appear somehow stronger in a primitive level of mind, and that's the truth. Inexperienced metal ears recognize the new heavier style of COB as good stuff while slam the older style (Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper) as emo, but when they understand better they figure there's lots of detail in the older style that deserves respect.

My cousin girl who just turned 15 knows Death, but about Bodom she just said yuck. That's why I cut contact :lol: (Really, how fucking stupid is that? 14 year olds can't really like Death.)

:lol::lol::lol: and you call other people 'kids'?
you're so fucked :lol: