Why do people hate COB?

Basically it's just that people have different tastes in music, as they have different tastes in everything..
Asking why people hate CoB is pretty much the same as asking why people hate Lady Gaga, or Madonna, or Metallica..
The question is only valid if someone would have a deeper reason for the disliking of a band...

I know a lot of people who say that CoB sounds good, until the vocals start.

And there's people that don't like metal in general, therefore disliking anything that has the metal tag. (In which "metal" can be replaced by any other genre)

Asking why people hate CoB is pretty much the same as asking why people hate Lady Gaga, or Madonna, or Metallica..

No... There are a lot of people who hate music or bands just because they are "too mainstream" or certain genre for example... I know a lot of metal listening people who hate rap just because it's rap... Even good rap songs...

No... There are a lot of people who hate music or bands just because they are "too mainstream" or certain genre for example... I know a lot of metal listening people who hate rap just because it's rap... Even good rap songs...

Good.... rap.... songs... ?????? :erk:

lol :lol: I'm just messing with you. Yeah my friends are like that, they think rap/hip hop is shit and put it in general. There is diference between the rap/hip hop back in the 80's and begining of 90's compared to now. Back then it wasn't about money cars and bitches. The lyrics and melody were kinda cool. Today's music is really shitty.

If you would have read the rest of my post, you would have noticed I said that..

And there's people that don't like metal in general, therefore disliking anything that has the metal tag. (In which "metal" can be replaced by any other genre)

First, my best bet is that people focus too much on lyrics, which are not really understandable in the case of COB

This is so true, I show people different metal bands all the time and people will usually say that the music isn't bad, but they question how I can understand / enjoy the vocals. Bands that use shrieking or death growls are always the ones that people with a mainstream taste in music can't stand. If I show someone a Nevermore or Hammerfall song, for example, they will usually like it - or at the very least, they won't tear out the earbuds in disgust and complain.
A perfect example: I showed one of my muso friends from school (he's a jazz musician and knows his musical theory really well) a solo from Necrophagist (The one from 'Fermented Offal Discharge' - it's easily one of the best metal solos ever) and he really enjoyed it, but after the solo there are some growled vocals and he just shook his head saying that it just 'ruined the song'. The same thing happens with Insomnium, CoB and Kalmah - everyone loves them until the vocals start!
Metal vocals are an aquired taste, and us metalheads are just geared towards them more-so than our Bieber fankid counterparts...

because reaper is always following them.....

Hitler-and-Advice-Generals-What-the-fuck-Am-i-reading.jpg