Why do so many death metal elitists HATE NMF?

I like NMF, but I dont übermasturbate to the songs as many other people do. Guess I just prefer the rawer 90's sound of RTC to the more standard NMF sound. It has nothing to do with elitism really, rather personal preference

word :Smug:

Too me, Virus was pretty much a vocal match to NMF (which isn't bad at all).

About NMF though, one thing that only stefan and Qth touched on was that you can't really compare it to RTC. The sound on RTC wasn't the ideal sound the members might want for an original production but it was a sound that captured the essence of the early 90's DM scene in sweden. NMF was more focused on a sound that they were looking to create; to give a nod to old school death but to still have their own style. I think the production on both albums is equal in terms of quality considering what both albums were trying to capture.

About Peter's voice - he's amazing, one of the best out there, and he did an AMAZING job on NMF. I just like Mikael better. Sure, he can't to the shreiks, but who cares? His high's are the roughest I've ever heard! They back in a bigger punch (for all you frenchies, the term I like to use to describe it, that can't really translate into english, is 'GRAS'). And no, Peter CAN'T go as deep (yes, I've watched Hypocrisy Destroy's Waken) :)

And yeah, I am a old school death metal lover, so I like RTC better. But that definitelty doesn't mean that I don't like NMF. It's SICK! But there are some albums by other bands that I like better, whereas RTC is still my fav of all time. Although I'm starting to think that that might change with UTP....

Amen to that...also we can thank Sarcofago, Impurity, Vulcano, Mutilator, Sextrash, Holocausto, Chakal....so on and so forth.

I dunno, I've been asking my self the same question, many Death Metal fans don't enjoy Bloodbath, or do but see nothing special to it

like the Miss Teen 2007 South Carolina USA started stating her argument (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww):

I personally believe...

it's hard to explain, since the song writing, the production and individual quality of each member is near perfect, maybe that's the problem, it's too close to perfection lol

it has groove, it has slow, mid-tempo and fast parts, melodies, solos, awesome growling and high pitched screaming, not to mention the awesome Gore and Death Metal lyrics

Peter Tagtgren fits perfectly in NMF, true Akerfeldt is the ultimate vocalist for almost any kind of band, but Tagtgren fitted right in

Stillborn Savior is fucking awesome, and Blood Vortex fits perfectly after it, it goes from fast to mid-tempo to end the album in style

I'm not a fan of shitty production (i think it takes SOOOO much away from a good band). Like Immortal's Blizzard Beasts: It's an ok album musically, but the production is gawdaweful! I can't even listen to it anymore. It takes SOOOOOOO much away from a really good band. There are some exceptions (Like Emperor, In The Nightshade Eclipse) but even then, if they had better production, it would add so much to the music (just look at prometheus).

I really enjoy NMF and all songs and at the sametime feel 2,3 songs could have been cut because the album did not need 12 tracks.

I think the tracklisting should have been.

Cancer Of The Soul
Brave New Hell
Outnumbering The Day
Year Of The Cadaver Race
The Ascension
Draped In Disease
Stillborn Saviour
Blood Vortex

In fear of getting an online kicking, I much prefer the sound of NMF over RTC... (ducks for cover!) I think the guitar sound is godlike whereas I find the RTC guitars a bit to buzzsaw. Don't get me wrong it still sounds stunning but NMF is more my bag.

Jeeze... Whoever talks shit about NMF can f**k a goat. It's the best album ever... The Sound quality at it's maximum, drumms clean and clear, guitars shredding like hell... and the songs? omfg, every song on the album is the best song on the album... it's hard to explain, but all things are in place. For me the best album ever, and i'm not talking about Bloodbath discography, i'm talkin' about death metal generally.

As long as its not gothenburg or metalcore, than I just feel like defecating

Yeah, metalcore sucks, but I love the big bands in the gothenbourgh scene (In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and a little At The Gates) ,those bands create quality music, but it shouldn't be called 'melodic death metal', it should be called... 'Göteborgsmetal'