Why do so many people hate Anders Friden?

It's interesting to go between Skydancer and TJR and Whoracel, then Passenger and RTR.... you can definately recognize his voice no matter what style...

Steve420 said:
It's interesting to go between Skydancer and TJR and Whoracel, then Passenger and RTR.... you can definately recognize his voice no matter what style...
His vocals on Skydancer are really thin. It is interesting to see how much he progressed.

Just read the shirt:

88_IMG_0216%20hpuff.jpg

Reactions: The Grand Wazoo
Such a fag. read this from an interview.

The choruses that you’ve created on this album are ridiculously catchy, they’re well crafted, has there been any direct inspiration to this department?
No, this just came naturally, like I was saying before I like catchy things like that. I like the mix the we have between… well, usually it’s like this: when I scream a lot, like on albums before, then we have to have guitar melodies underneath to make it more melodic, and now we have to take away some of the guitar lines just because my vocals were that catchy, or melodic. So, it just changed, it just went from guitars to vocals. What are you currently listening to?
I bought the Queens of the Stone Age yesterday

He is hated for bad vocals.

In Whoracle he was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, though. Definitely not on the same level as Stanne, Swano or Akerfeldt.
His vocals on Jester Race were like in Whoracle only broken and shitty.

Colony had relatively good vocals. There was a unique style he perfected on that album. Still far from the best death vox, but rather enjoyable.

His vocals on Clayman were incredibly annoying. Totally ruined the album.

Reroute to Remain was better than Colony in terms of vocals. Death vox less annoying (but still quite shitty), and the clean vocals were decent.

Despite the vocals, their songs are pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure he has something to do with that, so that reduces the hatred and turnes it into a more 'meh' state.

rahvin said:
oh goodness. thank you for taking all the guitar lines away in exchange for the vox production on r2r. :ill:

Yeah for real *puts in Colony and gets nostalgic*

Its a good thing DT is still around to keep it real. I mean honestly, I was so worried about Damage Done... and so happy after hearing it... wish I could say the same for R2R.

rahvin said:
yeah man, i'm sorry you got flamed, like, zero times for that post. it's not in my hands, you see, people are sooo quick to anger round here. :tickled:

heh i was covering my ass :)

people may not like anders, but in flames wouldnt be the same without him, but in flames is never the same from cd to cd....