why does jonas suck so much live

all_sins_undone said:
first off, i said the lyrics on Viva were nu-metalish, not the band itself. you think that's just my opinon?

I trusted you you lied
It's all I hear a fucking lie
I don't give a shit it's over now
It's all I know you broke the vow

unnecessary swearing? check.
terrible rhyming for shits sake? check.
vocabulary of a ten year old? check.
screamed backing vocals? check.

its not opinion, buddy. its fact. lets not forget that i AM a fan of katatonia. i do enjoy most of the lyrics and i do enjoy most of the music. the difference between me and you is you're just a pathetic fanboy.

its so rideculous. HEY if its so . Pink floyd lyrics Is NU-Metal too.
Pink floyd - Division bell : Lost For words "
.. So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go FUCK myself
You know you just can't win

Your fact is stupid .

Viva emptiness is a masterpiece...
And the montreal show .. Was fucking good .. " Yeah exept the 1/2 of katatonia parts that the sound was fucked up .

tk si tes pas content .. ferme donc ta yeule la prochaine fois . a place de dire des stupiditer.

Thank you

Reactions: °scarlet°
umm

yeah

/flame war again.

@Androz - I'll use google, thanks. lmao

EDIT: Haha, you answered it in your post. I'm stupid.

all_sins_undone said:
unless im mistaken, scarlet, isn't the katatonia forum the appropriate place to voice opinions concerning the band? okay, im not a katatonia fan-boy, okay, i didn't sugar coat my original post. so what? jonas' performance was incredibly subpar last night. im going to be honest and say that it even ruined several of the songs. deal with it, hes not perfect :p
come on, that's rediculous... you've got to have some sort of 'respect' or 'non-trollness'... especially about a subject the whole forum is about...
so, don't go posting threads like this... that's fucked up
and in my opinion this whole thread is about nothing... people usually don't post threads all about their own opinion.
Of course it's ok to express it, but do that in some subthread like one of the katatonia live in blabla threads...

and darkexile: I agree with scarlet saying this is a little bit 'trying-to-get-attention'-ish. otherwise he would've posted something like this in an other thread or he would've said it a bit more nuanced

heres the thing...i dont give a shit if you like my opinion or not, or if it offended you. this is a forum, deal with it. i also dont care about your care-bear posts saying i was disrespectful or unconsiderate. i had to refrain from laughing at jonas' vocals at times during the show. deal. with. it.

ESTIOZ said:
its so rideculous. HEY if its so . Pink floyd lyrics Is NU-Metal too.
Pink floyd - Division bell : Lost For words "
.. So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go FUCK myself
You know you just can't win

i really didnt think id have to point this out to.
unnecessary swearing? once/maybe not
terrible rhyming for shits sake? no.
vocabulary of a ten year old? no/perhaps
screamed backing vocals? no.

nu-metal my ass. for fucks sake they were performing decades even before nu-metal.

jesse said:
...We’d like to keep the quality level of this forum high, so please follow the examples of most visitors here and keep your messages mature and intelligent. Continued immaturity will not be accepted. Criticism is okay, but insults are not. We expect visitors of this forum to be fans of Katatonia, so please leave if you are here to insult the band.

That's on the sticky thread made by Jesse, named as the title says "Katatonia Forum Guidelines & FAQ"

I wonder why people don't read it before posting bullshit here.
And I'm just gonna say a thing that's been said before: there are ways of expressing your opinions. And making a thread under the subject of "why Jonas suck so much live" on the official forum of the band, is just disrespecful and very immature. You can say, of course, if you didn't like his performance live of whatever, but there are ways of saying so, and this one is sure not one of those.

all_sins_undone said:
heres the thing...i dont give a shit if you like my opinion or not, or if it offended you. this is a forum, deal with it. i also dont care about your care-bear posts saying i was disrespectful or unconsiderate. i had to refrain from laughing at jonas' vocals at times during the show. deal. with. it.
hehe, yeah, go post another tenthousand threads about your bloody opinion, like it matters what people think of you, right?

and still, I have to remind you this is not about your opinion, it's about the way you present it... but now I doubt it's really your opinion, could be more of a tool to get some attention.

all_sins_undone said:

ok....heres the deal......we are a cool bunch of people here who usually employ an amount of tact in our posts making it more likely to get our points across without offending or sounding like jerks.......Jesse is on tour or this kind of thread wouldve been instantly deleted......if you want to come here and criticize the singer of our favorite band that is fine.......but you should do it with respect.....have some respect in you words.......if you say you are a fan of Katatonia then why would you feel the need to use such a negative tone in your wording? If I was you I would have said something like:

I was dissapointed in Jonas's vocals at the show.....he might have been sick or something......it was the worst I have ever heard him perform.....I hope it was just that show.....anyone else have that experience?

that wouldve been a good way to say what you wanted to say without starting a bunch of shit.........but I guess some people lack the skills in life to act appropriately.....

Jonas has not the best reputation live and it is a fact. Sometimes he is impressive, sometimes he fails, god...just check out that youtube video that features kata playing the first half of "July", if you are not a retarded fanboy you will tell for sure that his performance is very weak. Now, calling the lyrics from "Ghost of the sun" "Nu metalish" is what i can't just agree with...those lyrics are about betrayal, and they are serious and poetic imo, it is not about shining blings or ''Daddy raped me'' Korn-y bullshit, the swearing is there for emphasis on the feeling of desperation, and the background screams gives the song an incredible hook. Btw Jonas is one of the best singers of the music history and maybe you caught him in a bad night.

AngelinaBlakkheim said:
That's on the sticky thread made by Jesse, named as the title says "Katatonia Forum Guidelines & FAQ"

I wonder why people don't read it before posting bullshit here.
And I'm just gonna say a thing that's been said before: there are ways of expressing your opinions. And making a thread under the subject of "why Jonas suck so much live" on the official forum of the band, is just disrespecful and very immature. You can say, of course, if you didn't like his performance live of whatever, but there are ways of saying so, and this one is sure not one of those.
I think this says enough:)

"just check out that youtube video that features kata playing the first half of "July""
oooh, I didn't know about that *runs*

edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-TFJggTp_mM there is it... I have to say his voice doesn't sound weak at all! it's really great...

Cerulean said:
And somewhere on this page someone is contraddicting himself compared to a previous post.
Hilarious! :tickled:

xmen.jpg

i really wonder who on earth you're referring to :Smug:

:lol: