Why is there so much hate for the heavy part of Dirge For November?

I dislike it because the acoustic intro is so beautiful and serene that the middle part just comes out of nowhere and totally contradicts that, it seems to not fit into the song. The introduction to the song is alot more eventful, the riffs are more varied than what seemingly seems like a droning section which comes into the middle.... I'm not denying that there is alot going on in the middle section, but if you just listen over it, it more or less just sounds like the same droning thing played over and over and over, with not all that much variation.

By the way, I don't really dislike the middle section, but if that's the term everybody wishes to use then fine. I love this song one way or the other, I just think the introduction and end totally overshadow the middle section.

Dirge For November is a song I've come to hate because...

Well, frankly, the heavy part seems lazy to me. It's what Opeth will sound like when the creativity is gone and insteading of making Opeth music, they're making music that sounds like Opeth.

It scares me and I don't want to hear it. It's time for another shift...

"Dirge for November" always sounded like it was a slapped together filler to me. I'd go as far as to call the track uninspired. The WORST OPETH song in my opinion.