Why is Trapt popular?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
When I start up my car, I usually hear trapt on the radio, i switch the station, trapt again. Im at the movie theater, I hear trapt on previews. Why the fuck do people like this one horrible trapt song. If I hear it again, I dont know what the hell i am going to do.

it is sick, I am sure the corporate fat cats are pushingTrapt, but god someone must like this drivel for it to still be popular.

Is this the mainstream best hard rock America can come up- fucking christ they make Poison sound good.

Lots of the newer mainstream rock bands these days are just so fucking inspipid. Like that Smile Empty Soul band. "I do it for the druuuuuuuugs" God that song blows. And Puddle of Mud, someone should shoot those no-talent hacks.

Good thing some better punk / hardcore / metalcore bands are getting exposure now, like Thrice and From Autumn to Ashes, they are actually good bands. Better than the pop punk shite that has been polluting the airwaves since Green Day came out, at least. Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, etc. should all be banished from recording music ever again.

I totally agree Luminous. It's as if we are at war with bad corporate rock, and punk for the last 10 years. I for one, will not put up the white flag anytmie soon.

I too proudly wave the flag of war. it's so bad, that even at school I hear assholes saying "did you catch the new trapt song? awww hell yeah man... this beach is frozen & i cant get out of heeeeeeeere"

:tickled: i can't stop laughing, but it's getting big time annoying now. Especially when they flame me for not liking it. There's even a kid in my school's jazz band that plays Good charlotte & simple plan shit every time he plugs his bass in if we're not playing a song. I swear im gonna fuckin take that thing & bash him over the head with it & then shove it down his throat if he does it again...

LuminousAether said:
Yes,Trapt are probably the worst new band in years. Pathetic, really. They make Linkin Park and Trust Company look good, and that's a quite a task. Even Nickelback is better.
:OMG:

Damn.... just... damn. They must be fuckin egregious to garner a statement like that. I'm glad I don't live in the US and listen to radio.

speed said:
When I start up my car, I usually hear trapt on the radio, i switch the station, trapt again. Im at the movie theater, I hear trapt on previews. Why the fuck do people like this one horrible trapt song. If I hear it again, I dont know what the hell i am going to do.
:yell:
ARRRRRRRGH!! *grabs gun* *shoots self in head*
Yeah, I know what you mean. That's why I always have a CD player handy to drown that shit out. :cool:
And yes, Trapt are just another run-of-the-mill "MTV rawk band". I really didn't think that mainstream music could get any worse than Korn. I was proven wrong yet again. :cry:

you think thats bad? they are from my neck of the woods!

they are big cuz they are headstrong hahaha. we recorded in the same studio as them, the stench of faggotness was eminent throughout the studio
~gR~

They played in a local metal club.

I didn't know they were actually playing, I just went to get pissed and this band were playing to about 10 people, I sat at the bar and me and my mates hurled abuse at them.

I laughed at them as they left, some kids seemed to be impressed.

So I guess that means...I've seen them live :ill:

I said what's with the Nu-Metal and the reply apparantly is that they aren't, they are AOR, where as the audiences combined ages wouldn't even add up to an adult.

Dumb, moneygrabbing cunts

apparantly this is what Trapt lovers think: (taken from amazon.com)

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0.gif
great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, November 6, 2003
[/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: A music fan from Portland, Oregon USA [/size][/font]

This cd has lots of agreeson in it is one of my favoritve cd ever!!!

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0.gif
VERY GOOD CD, November 8, 2003
[/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: chunkiemonky182 (see more about me) from TENNESSEE [/size][/font]I LOVED THIS CD. IT WAS SO GREAT THAT THE NIGHT I GOT IT I THINK I LISTENED TO IT ABOUT 3 OR 4 TIMES. TRAPT IS A GOOD BAND AND I HOPR THAT THEY COME OUT WITH ANOTHER CD THAT IS AS GOOD AS THIS ONE OR HOPEFULLY EVEN BETTER.

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0.gif
Best cd ever, November 1, 2003
[/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: A music fan [/size][/font]This is an awesome cd. When i first herd their hit "headstrong" i was like i have to find out who these guys are. but my favorite song on the cd would have to be "Still Frame" i love Trapt and they are the best band ever.....

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]0 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0.gif
Best cd ever, November 1, 2003
[/size][/font][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: Kristen Schlegel from Gibsonia, Pennsylvania USA [/size][/font]This is an awesome cd. When i first herd their hit "headstrong" i was like i have to find out who these guys are. but my favorite song on the cd would have to be "Still Frame" i love Trapt and they are the best band ever. whoever disagrees with me is and full of s***

You know, I liked the song when it first showed up, in like February. Radio's 24/7 battering of the song upon everyone's ear drums for 8 months has made me detest it to a degree.

I, for one, still don't hate it. I will never buy their CD, because regardless of if it's nu-metal or tr00 metal or AOR or whatnot, I know it will be a regrettable waste of ten dollars.

I can understand people's contempt for the band, but they just don't bother me. Even if the song shows up on the radio, I'll probably just turn it down rather than change the channel so Mary J. Blige or Sean Paul can, ahem...grace my ears with their presence. Welcome to Philly...

I guess I have a soft spot for pop hooks. I believe...If it's good, I'll listen to it.

I didn't say, "If I listen to it, it's good"

Oooh, good sig material...

The point I was getting at was not that I hate AOR or anything it was that Trapt are blatantly Nu Metal, but as the Nu-Metal boat is sinking fast, all these bands are looking for different labels, to distance themselves from the stigma of being Nu