Why no Glorious?

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
Recently went to see Power Quest in Sheffield supporting the mighty Symphony X and then last week in Derby. Really really enjoyed the show and can't wait for the winter tour (hoping they play Sheffield/Derby again!).

Now I know we won't be getting a "Power Quest's greatest hits" kind of show what with the change in line-up, however I'm puzzled as to why the band don't ever play Glorious from the new album. It's my favourite track as it sounds just like Power Quest of old but with Chiti's unique vocals. Anyone else feel the same?

Hey Thematt202! Welcome to the forum!

It's a difficult business picking a set these days when there are 50+ songs to choose from, especially if it is a 45 minute set lol!

With regard to Glorious, to be honest it was very difficult choosing which new songs to leave out......but I'm sure we will chop and change the setlist for the tours later in year!

Glad you enjoyed the shows so much dude!

Cheers Steve, honoured to get a personal reply from the man himself! Here's hoping for Glorious next time!
By the way, thanks so much for playing "Find my Heaven" last time, one of my all time favourites (along with pretty much everything from Magic Never Dies)! I would give my right arm to hear this album played live in it's entirety!

No Temple of Fire is my only slight critique but that's just because it's my fave, given half the chance the posters on here would have PQ play the whole back catalogue :D

Glorious is one of my favourites as well and I believe it should be played in the same breath as Battle Stations/Rising Anew. It's part of an unofficial trilogy which should not be severed!

And can you please play Edge Of Time. Vocals to be adapted according Chity's style. Thank you!

As Steve is well aware, I've mentioned the not playing Glorious and songs from Neverworld, but doesn't take away the fact that the setlists have been fantastic so far and it'll be great to see the different choices PQ make for setlists in the future!

The Message with Chity on vocals would be an amazing song to see performed. It's a very sentimental song.

I'm sure we'll be playing Glorious live in the not to distant future, quite a lot of people have mentioned that one for the live setlist. As with any setlist though we've got to look at the bigger picture and try and balance things out as much as possible so it will be more than likely replacing another speedy number!