Will people stop screaming when opeth plays soft interludes

At Sydney some bogan yelled at them to 'stop with all the soft cock bullshit' durring an interlude. He wasnt the only one.

I swear half the people at the gig didnt know anything about Opeth other than 'HEVY METAL BAND ON SME LABL AS DRAGONFRCE ND MACHINE MUTHAFUCKIN HED! WOOOO METAAAAAL!!!"

Some fat, dumbass, bald guy kept yelling "BLOODBATH" all night about 100 times. Thats all he said, and he didn't know 2 shits about Opeth. He wouldn't shut up the whole night, i wanted to elbow him in the face.

Not Opeth but...at the Isis show last week, some guy kept yelling "ISIS ROCKS" during the Pelican set, and he left after that set...which was pretty funny - guess he didn't know that they were, in fact, not Isis.

The worst are the idiots who clap out of time during the parts where there's no drumming. They can't even keep a beat for five seconds. And it totally ruins the moment. Of course, these are also the people who can't tell the difference between Opeth and any other junk death metal, saying that Opeth is "awesome" or whatever while saying the same thing about anyone who can play basic chords on a guitar and growl. Come on, clapping in time is really basic. If you can't do that, then you might as well just go to a concert where they don't care about the music but just go to get drunk or look cool. If you can't clap in beat, don't clap. You just show yourself to be a clueless idiot by clapping out of beat. And speaking of clueless idiots, those people who clapped out of beat on the Roundhouse Tapes DVD now have the honor of showing themselves to be clueless idiots to the entire world. Their idiocy totally ruined those parts of the DVD. Hey, idiots, I hope you're happy ruining an otherwise great DVD. I also heard from a friend that there was a great bootleg of the recent Chicago House of Blues show, but the soft parts were ruined by some jerks talking loudly during the soft parts. Why even go to a concert if you're not going to listen to the music and if you're going to ruin it for everyone else? Stay home, idiots.

the sound was so bad at the roundhouse that you could hardly tell what song they were playing, ftr on that dvd loads.. it rules

skip to the 5 min marker if you want to get pissed off

anyone who stands for this sort of bullshit or justifies it needs to be fed to wolves. There is a diff between being a dick and a total motherfuking waste of flesh, imo. I mean, look at good ole Mik, he is in his zone and some loud ass obnoxious drunk who obviously could care less about the musics awesomeness has to go and be an attention whore. Fuck that pos. If your reading this you cocksucker, please kill yourself and your children.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone was pretty well-behaved at the Tucson show. The girl who jumped on-stage wasn't a huge distraction. Moshing was at a minimum. I remember a few people trying to imitate Mikael's growl, but nothing annoying other than that. In fact, I was impressed at how well-behaved the Tucson crowd was. I love that Opeth attracts a "thinking-person's" metal fan.

Everyone was pretty well-behaved at the Tucson show. The girl who jumped on-stage wasn't a huge distraction. Moshing was at a minimum. I remember a few people trying to imitate Mikael's growl, but nothing annoying other than that. In fact, I was impressed at how well-behaved the Tucson crowd was. I love that Opeth attracts a "thinking-person's" metal fan.

Hopefully as they'll be with Dream Theater on the prog nation tour the idiots will be kept to a minimum, at least I hope so, once they announce some UK dates it'll be the 1st time I see Opeth :D
I'm pretty sure the DT fans will keep quiet.

every time I go to an opeth concert, I can't really enjoy the nice interludes b/c idiots yell and growl and do all that shit idiots do. Any one else agree?

And the idiotic-out-of-ruthm-clapping, thats what happend at their consert in Greece, the crowd totally messed up Harvest and The Night And The Silent Water.
Idios:Smug:

Freedom of Speech people?

The only point I 100% agree on is the couple of guys, like on the Roundhouse tapes, who scream out absolute shit at every soft interlude and when Mikael is trying to speak! :S Those guy's are fucking losers!

But other than that the rest is gig atmosphere so get over it!

we behaved badly...we jumped, we screamed, we moshed, we yelled, we heandbanged without music, we sang, we clapped asynchronized and...

THEY HAD THEIR BEST FUCKING GIG OF THE TOUR!

This isn't just Opeth shows, or metal shows, just about every concert I am at (with maybe the exception of really big venues), has some idiot yelling something completely retarded at the wrong time.. almost everytime someone gets tossed out as well for doing something stupid.

In context with Opeth, at the Norfolk VA show last year I was at, Mikael addressed the crowd during one point and said... so... do you all like ballads???

A big cheer went out, then after it died down this one guy yelled out (not exact words but something to the effect) BALLADS ARE FOR FAGGOTS!! Litteraly... the context of this guys comment was... Mik if you play a ballad or something soft you are a f**Kin F*g.. I mean jesus what the hell was wrong with this dude he TOTALLY dissed him.

SOOOoo then everyone started jeering this guy who yelled this at Mik, and Mik just started laughing saying ah too bad.. Then launched into Hope Leaves. Later on during the set he kept referring to guy as that Mr Fuck Off in the back...

At the DC show on the same tour I saw just recently, I do remember that guy screaming Breaking the Law, what got me though was the irony of the Night In Silent Water video that the poster put up.

At the DC show they played that song, and just as Mik went into the mellow parts literally almost the exact moment that was mentioned in the 5 minute mark of the Columbus show, someone up in the rafters at the DC show upstairs yells...

PLAY FREEBIRD!!!

I friggin kid you not....

The thing about it, is that it made me laugh first then I thought christ of all the dumbest things to yell.

I am sure Mik is really use to this, who knows if half the time he even "hears" it... Who knows... It takes a lot of guts to go up there and have all this crap thrown at you sometimes even literally... I wonder if he just lets it slide, or just zones out and can't even be bothered. Maybe he even just likes hearing people scream and yell at him cause they can't control how much they dig his music...

Personally, for me... I see it happen so much that it doesn't really irk me unless their saying/doing something really offensive like YOU SUCK or something (which really gets me cause why would you go see a band you hate??? HELLO????)... but believe me I've been to a lot of shows and seen it... mostly I think in the case of opening acts or lead up bands before the headliner... well if you know they are coming up.. and you hate them, why don't you just go hang out at the bar and ignore them instead of jeering them at the back of the room...

Well that's my 2 cents.

^Its Mike by the way :) ....

And I don't understand how people can pay to go see a band, then act like an asshole in front of said band. Its like your screwing yourself out of your own money.

A big cheer went out, then after it died down this one guy yelled out (not exact words but something to the effect) BALLADS ARE FOR FAGGOTS!! Litteraly... the context of this guys comment was... Mik if you play a ballad or something soft you are a f**Kin F*g.. I mean jesus what the hell was wrong with this dude he TOTALLY dissed him.

mikael regularly jokes about how ballads are gay