Will you buy the new Anthrax cd with 'reunuion' lineup ?

Will you buy the new cd ?????

• For sure, without a doubt !

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • No way, take me back to the times of John and Rob

Votes: 30 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will download it first just because I´m not sure I would spent my money on something good. As long as it was quality in the 80´s, doesn´t mean it would be good now. I mean, just like Judas Priest-no offense, but in my opinion their new cd rather sucks-just because they were trying to relive the old days sooooo bad. Anthrax would have no other option IF they recorded something in this lineup.

Remember what happened when KISS reunited, it was ok for a while and then the bitching started.
unfortunatley that is true. i know ace wanted a break to work on other projects and that got in the way of the money machine so now you got fake ace along with fake peter. i'd buy a new cd . i own all the thrax recordings and most of the singles and seen all the tours. i don't hate joey and dan. i just prefer the music they were making with john and rob. maybe they'll put out a killer disc and suprise the fuck outta everybody.

I'll do what I always do. Anthrax w/ Bush deserves a purchase. Anthrax with Belladonna deserves a d/l. New Megadeth - purchase. New Metallica - download.

However, if it turns out to be purchase worthy, then off to Best Buy I'll go.

GregadetH said:
I'll do what I always do. Anthrax w/ Bush deserves a purchase. Anthrax with Belladonna deserves a d/l. New Megadeth - purchase. New Metallica - download.

However, if it turns out to be purchase worthy, then off to Best Buy I'll go.

Very wise man hath spoken!:worship:

Definitely buy it. I've supported the band since '85, and have loved every release to date, so wouldn't I buy a new CD with Belladonna. I'd prefer John to come back, but if they choose to pursue with the re-union lineup, well that's their choice, and I'll still be happy. Anthrax have always, and always will be THE BEST FUCKING BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

reidie said:
Fucking hell, if your not gonna support the band fuck off :yell: Why do you post here if you arent gonna support the bands (Possible) future endevours??

So you are saying that you will buy the album if John Bush comes back then too? :Smug: Somehow I doubt it. I think TattooedSean made the most reasonable post in this thread and hit the nail right on the head. When bands try relive the glory days and catch the same vibe of a time period, it usually ends up sounding cheesy and forced.

Scott and Charlie have said that "Rob and John are still part of the Anthrax family" but what that means exactly is anybody's guess. It's no surprise that Anthrax has not sold as many albums or tickets in the past few years, as most metal acts have sufferred a similar fate in the past decade. So many have speculated, rightly or wrongly, that this tour was about money. If it was for money, I'm sure the tour was a way of testing support, and a new album will further test that support. If it sells well, they may use that as a reason to make the reunion line-up permanent, something I would not be in favor of, therefore, I will vote with my wallet and NOT buy any album with the reunion line-up. Maybe this speculation is not based on truth, but there has been such a lack of information from anyone in the band (like vague responses such as "we'll see where this goes"), its hard not to speculate.

I thought Anthrax with Joey was okay, but I never became a "troo" fan until John joined. Similarly, I didn't mind Saint, but never truly became a fan of John's singing until he joined Thrax. Once I heard them together, Anthrax became my favorite band. As such, I hope the reunion is not permanent, but if it is, I'd have to say my loyalties will stay with John first.

And to anyone that tells me to "fuck off" because I voted "no", I was here first, so if you don't like me being here, you can fuck off and go start your own board somewhere else. I respect your opinion that you like Joey better, but you better respect my opinion that I like John better, and I don't need some noob telling me I can't state an opinion.

N.F.F.: you rule! Rock on, brother, rock on! wait..."shit, I'll call ya tomorrow; all right brother rock on!" RIP D I M E

i wished i would have downloaded risk, that album sucked. i love megadeth but didn't they just have a greatest hits album about 5 years ago? i won't be buying this new one either.

I doubt I'd like a new album with Belladonna. Never liked the older albums, they sound like "just another 80's metalband". And I really doubt they will record something like Attack of the Killer B's again...