Will you buy the new Anthrax cd with 'reunuion' lineup ?

Will you buy the new cd ?????

• For sure, without a doubt !

Votes: 49 62.0%
  • No way, take me back to the times of John and Rob

Votes: 30 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nafnikufesin said:
Scott and Charlie have said that "Rob and John are still part of the Anthrax family" but what that means exactly is anybody's guess. It's no surprise that Anthrax has not sold as many albums or tickets in the past few years, as most metal acts have sufferred a similar fate in the past decade. So many have speculated, rightly or wrongly, that this tour was about money. If it was for money, I'm sure the tour was a way of testing support, and a new album will further test that support. If it sells well, they may use that as a reason to make the reunion line-up permanent, something I would not be in favor of, therefore, I will vote with my wallet and NOT buy any album with the reunion line-up. Maybe this speculation is not based on truth, but there has been such a lack of information from anyone in the band (like vague responses such as "we'll see where this goes"), its hard not to speculate.

I thought Anthrax with Joey was okay, but I never became a "troo" fan until John joined. Similarly, I didn't mind Saint, but never truly became a fan of John's singing until he joined Thrax. Once I heard them together, Anthrax became my favorite band. As such, I hope the reunion is not permanent, but if it is, I'd have to say my loyalties will stay with John first.

And to anyone that tells me to "fuck off" because I voted "no", I was here first, so if you don't like me being here, you can fuck off and go start your own board somewhere else. I respect your opinion that you like Joey better, but you better respect my opinion that I like John better, and I don't need some noob telling me I can't state an opinion.
Wow I agree with what you said 100%. Not a huge Anthrax fan without John (like the earlier songs but not a fan of the singing), and not a John fan without Anthrax...well, I mean, I love Symbol Of Salvation but I'm not a big Saint fan either. The two together is what clicks for me. However, if I was forced to choose at this point in time I'd most likely buy a new Saint record with John singing than I would an Anthrax record with Joey singing. I'll always support John Bush, he's my favorite metal singer and all around just a great guy. Met him in 2003 at the Alrosa Villa nad he couldn't have been cooler.

mikasedlinen said:
What does that bloody re-union mean?
For me, Anthrax´ve lost their self respect.
No matter what they say into the media...

Yes, I would never buy an re-union album, I´wouldn´t even download it...
It will be such a crap... Just take a look at post-reunion Iron Maiden albums or any other shitty band ever re-unioned...
There is one exception only - VOIVOD !!! And it was not a re-union actually!
Jason just joined the band and Snake returned...

I hope Sepultura will never get back together with Max again - the only good band still remaining on its new way!!!

I hear what you´re saying about Sepultura. Their latest CD Roorback kicks fucking ass!

I'd buy a new album with Joey, or with John. I prefer the John stuff now, but I do like the earlier albums.

But...

The only way that Anthrax will ever get the exposure they deserve is if they get on board with a REAL fucking record label. These guys haven't gotten decent push from a label since SOWN, and even that wasn't up to the par they deserve!

The problem is that in the US, metal bands get the shaft from most major labels unless they kowtow to the current hipster trends.... :(

i wont be buying it....last time they put out a decent cd was when they released "and justice for all"....im not putting my cash into anything after that cd.....OOOOPPPPSSS....just realised...wrong band thread......just kidding people.....come on lets stop the fuckin bitchin....getting/gotten very fuckin old now...in the words of gwb....your either with us....or your against us....(dunno what that meant....it came from the mouth of a complete genius, way above my intelligence levels)

johnnieCzech said:
I hear what you´re saying about Sepultura. Their latest CD Roorback kicks fucking ass!

You´re right buddy!
Roorback really kicks ass...

BTW - your nickname seems to be very familliar to me. Aren´t you from Czech Republic? Já jo...

I would buy the re-union cd because for me, its the true anthrax line-up. These were the guys in shorts who didnt give a fuck about anything anyone else was doing or wearing, and did their own thing. Im not saying Joey is better than Bush or the other way around, they both rock. I love Vol 8 and stomp442, and of course among the living and state of euphoria, its cool to be able to see them in oxford next week and pretend im 13 again watchin the heaviest fukin band in the world. Cant wait.

I reckon after this re-union scott and charlie should get together with Billy and Dan and re-create the S.O.D - now that would fuckin rule!!!!

Sgt D is coming, and you're on his list

mikasedlinen: there are a few of us here in the Czech Republic. Where are you from?

I bought all the other CD's with this lineup, so yeah, if they make a new CD I will buy it.

If they make a new CD with the Bush Line up, I will buy that shit too!

I like both singers, so what! You want a piece of me? :loco:

ThraxDude said:
I think the street teamers should get a free copy from Sanctuary records.
Since that'll NEVER happen. I'll just have to buy the import version on Nuclear Blast.
I'll never lift a finger for ANYTHING Sanctuary does, let alone buy an album on that piece of shit label.
Nuclear Blast rules.

The way things are going, it doesn't sound like Sanctuary is going to be around much longer.

dailyvault said:
The way things are going, it doesn't sound like Sanctuary is going to be around much longer.
Thank GOD! I hope eveyone who works for Sanctuary starves to death.

mikasedlinen said:
You´re right buddy!
Roorback really kicks ass...

BTW - your nickname seems to be very familliar to me. Aren´t you from Czech Republic? Já jo...

no jasně! Another proof Czechs are 100% proBush.

actually there´s 5 of us on the board, and I meant only on the board it´s 100%.

OK, maybe this is because this is the board of Anthrax fans-unlike the other metal forums you´re talking about.

somekindofmonster said:
I reckon after this re-union scott and charlie should get together with Billy and Dan and re-create the S.O.D - now that would fuckin rule!!!!

Sgt D is coming, and you're on his list
I think it was Billy who quipped that S.O.D. release an album every seven years (SEOD '85, Live '92, BTTD '99), so I'm waiting for the new album next year. :lol: