Win Vista DAW

1. fuck palladium.
2. there's no way i'm installing vista on this computer to help microsoft bug test it. i was offered that program, but i'm not going to play their lab rat.

Moonlapse said:
Holy Christ. How is it that every remotely fucking techologically related thread on this forum has to boil down to the tired Mac vs PC debate. Give it a rest. Nobody gives a shit and nobody is going to be influenced.
yes they are... i've witnessed more than one person on here turn to the Mac side and be happier for it.

Moonlapse said:
What we should be focusing on is how to get through the next decade of PC use without Palladium hounding our every step.
i can tell you how: swtich to... you now the rest.

Splat88 said:
Listen, I grew up with macs and I love them, but when it came time to buy my own computers, pc's were far cheaper and they still are. I build my own computers. My last one cost me under $400. (I salvaged the case and power supply from my last computer so that saved my a few bucks but not that much. I've got 2 gigs ram and an AMD Athalon 64 with two small hard drive worth 280 gigs. You can't get anything cheaper than that. I just built a whole system similar to mine for a friend of mine for about $600 and he's got dual 300+ gig hard drives and 2 gigs of ram.

I second that.

Turns out Vista won't have NGSCB (Palladium) shipping with it, which is slightly relieving. Only some stripped down version called BitLocker which seems to create some sort of safe boot environment.

Ford:
141_4115.jpg

Honda:
Pic051_09Apr04.jpg

I think that Nitro was referencing something that I said a couple of years ago where I said "PC's are like Hondas and Macs are like Jags" or something like that.

black sugar, I'm hoping you're referring to the Throwdown version of that song...sounds awesome.

~e.a

James Murphy said:
yes they are... i've witnessed more than one person on here turn to the Mac side and be happier for it.

Same here...not to mention converting my old boss who was a die-hard PC freak that talked shit about Macs every chance he could...I got him to buy a G5 and he was totally converted. Now all he talks about is how he doesn't know why he put up with PC's all these years. Go figure.

~e.a

Try a PC with Linux sometime, I spent some time with the Macs at my schools computer lab and can honestly say that if you don't get ill at the thought of anything but an OS pre-installed on the system you'll like Linux better (try Ubuntu/MEPIS) and since they're both free...

Jeff

ok man
im now running the final version of vista
its great - beside one thing - my m-audio delta 44 doesnt works!
its written everywhere - that it should not work! - i need to wait till the drivers will appear... so i think i must uninstall it(

How many times do you think this argument has gone on in the last year. Its funny we never get anywere with it.

Long live the PC \m/

I just ordered this beast of a PC should be getting it tomorrow, got the jet black one of course. dual core 2.66 ghz 4 gig's of ram:headbang: As far as the Mac vs PC thing, i have always built my machines and they have allways been PC's just use the best components, the only problem i have ever had with a machine that i built was a mother board shitting out just becouse it had reached its life cycle.

XPS 700 Product Details

O yeah and James Nuendo 3 has hardware inserts per channel now:heh:

Ok I hate to chime in with the macs are better guys but I got to say macs aren't that exspensive compared to pc.

I will explain:

You can score a powermac G5 dual for not that much:

eBay: PowerMac G5 dual 2.0 ghz PCI-X, Superdrive, Tiger/iLife (item 190031823257 end time Sep-19-06 18:15:28 PDT)

Now that price seems like a alot but consider what you get:

2 - 2ghz processors
8 slots for RAM exspantion and included 1gig (count it thats up to 8gigs of RAM)
160gig HD and room for another
And a video card that supports dual monitors

You don't get a monitor but hey most people who buy these don't want to get stuck down with what is included.

Now lets take a PC that compares to this (I went with this because the PC is obviously for recording)

eBay: Computer Digital Audio Workstation Cubase Sonar DAW PC (item 140030068393 end time Jan-14-07 09:06:08 PST)

Again in my opinion overkill for the average home recording studio but around the same price as a powermac.

Now as far as the "exspensive idea" this just isn't true you can score a mac mini wich is more than capable of being a DAW for less than $700.

As far as PCs go I am not saying that they suck because they don't its the os I have a problem with. XP is not as easy to use (so many posts concerning how to get hardware to work on XP in the other forum I'm in) as OSX and has way more issues as far as working the way it should, plus microsoft is not exactly Johnny on the spot with updates. And I find the biggest disadvantage is the dreaded virus issues it has.

so basically what youre saying is you can get a mac for not too much money, but for an equally priced pc you get something a lot better hardware-wise but its overkill? :lol: