WINNER - an apology and THINKABOWDIT #3!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Hey all you psycho sons o' bitches! (ladies that's you too!) Uncle Ted is back with a third installment of angst ridden fun! THINKABOWDIT #3!!!!!!

But first I want to apologize to a brother in metal. I know him only as WINNER. WINNER, I owe you an apology, sir. As you know (and some others may know) I went a little apeshit in the RELIGION/CHRISTIANITY thread. I lost my cool because I took one of your remarks personally and snapped back at you with a cheap shot. You called me on it, and you're right. First off, it wasn't even that funny. But most importantly, I realized that here I was in a thread trying to defend Christianity and then I snapped at you like a dumbass and came off as sounding very narrow minded and very much like the types of Christians you despise. "I'm right, you're wrong and if you don't agree then fuck off" and that's just not me. I am a Christian. (Though OBVIOUSLY not the best example of one by my behavior) But I am not the type of guy to get his panties in a wad because you disagree. Nor do I wish to preach to anybody. I think you should do what you think is right ( and so should everyone else) and we will all find out one day if we were right or wrong. Myself included. The worst thing I can do is say I'm a Christian and then go off the handle like the typical Holier Than Thou dumbass. I did, though. Again, I'm sorry and I hope that you can see past my childish behavior...I've had a lot of stress lately. Won't happen again. But I think you're a cool guy and like you I really dig on Slayer, believe it or not. In all honesty, I won't buy their NEWEST release based on the name...sorry...but I think SEASONS IN THE ABYSS is one of the greatest extreme metal albums ever!!!! Also, I am sure we both agree that one of the best things in life is COLD BEER and if you were here I'd buy you one. Just no imported shit, please. Uncle Ted likes his Budweiser. hehe

And if anyone thinks I'm apologizing because I'm a pussy then so be it. I just want to remain friends with all of y'all whether you like it or not........

NOW, on to some more lighthearted shit. I hope you're still with me.

Here goes:

We all have a favorite band. Or at least a few favorite bands. Now, nobody say METALLICA on this one because that's too easy. OTHER THAN METALLICA...I would like to know WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME AND WHAT SONG HAVE THEY DONE THAT YOU THINK IS ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PAINFULLY SHITTY!?!?!?!?!?!? It may be hard, because you'll say, "well, Ted, my favorite band is so and so and they have never done a bad song." BULLSHIT> I say every band has put out at least one turd. SO LET'S HEAR IT!

For example, if your favorite band of all time is Motley Crue then I should hope that you would say BRANDON. If you like BRANDON then you probably don't even get out of the shower to take a piss. Sorry.

HERE GOES MINE:

My favorite band of all time is the mighty VAN FUCKING HALEN.

The song that they absolutely never should have done because it makes me violently ill is that piece of shit they passed off on vinyl as "RIGHT NOW". Edward Van Halen's downward spiral started there.

So let's hear yours, and as always,
THINKABOWDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Love y'all like a dog on a bone!
Ted

My favourite band (or one of them) is Iron Maiden and yes, the great Maiden made one or two crappy numbers.
First of all(for me)...Holy Smoke - It doesn't fit with the rest of the album, it sort of ruins it, I hate that fuckin' song.
Then there are songs like Black Bart Blues and that Sherif of Hudlesfield one which I don't care too much for, they are only funny the first two times, it's not something I would delibirately listen to.
And not to mention the whole Vitual XI album(no offence JD), I cant explain it, it was just wrong.

Hmm.... Tad Morose is one of my favorites (from Olson era onward) but they pretty much loused up the Accept cover that is a bonus track on Modus Vivendi. The song is "Losing More than You Have Ever Had" and it pretty much stinks.

Bryant

First I'd like to know what kind of panties Ted wears, cute and frilly or cotton grannies? :tickled:

Well, my ULTIMATE band is those bad-boy German rockers: THE SCORPIONS I
have loved them since I was a giddy little teenager and everytime I see them live they make me feel like one!!! :hotjump: But, they should NOT have released the album FACE THE HEAT or PURE INSTINCT there is only one song on each album I do like ( Under the same sun and You and I) and other than that......pfffffffttttttt. Amazing how this band went from working with Dieter Dirks and put out some great albums, great tracks and everlasting rock-n-roll anthems to putting out these two albums..... none the less they remain and forever will be my number one!! *scorps rock my soul*

Nevermore is my favorite band as you all know by now.

And their song "God Money" from their first album is a worthless P.O.S. song.
Thanks for your attention. :wave:

Scorpions-anything off Eye II Eye, with the exception of Eye II Eye(title track)& Mysterious, otherwise the record is a stinker!
"Mind Like A Tree." What the fuck?! You figure after decades of speaking English they'd come up with something better?! Jesus!
What about Pure Instinct?! That one was horrrible with the exception of the ballad "You & I." And don't me started on Face the Heat...
Motley Crue, my favorite band growing up...
I can't stand "Without You." Even if Mick Mars shines on it & plays some killer lab steel & slide on there. It's way too over done & sappy. Nikki wrote it about Tommy & then wife Heather Locklear?! C'mon Nikki get your own pussy! Speaking of pussy, it makes you feel like one for listening...
And as you know I really, really dig Van Halen with Hagar, but the Balance record was a brick & the tracks were God Awful! The worst has to be "I Can't Stop Loving You." Weak!

tedvanfrehley said:
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME AND WHAT SONG HAVE THEY DONE THAT YOU THINK IS ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PAINFULLY SHITTY!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't know is absolutely shitty, but is awful enough for me so I don't listen to it, nor recording it on my tapes:

Motorhead - 'Dead Men Tell No Tales'.

Hey TVF,

I just want to say that you're a class act dude and that apology is just one example of it...I'm a Christian as well and am cool with everything you had to say....THAT BEING SAID....

Favorite Band: Suicidal Tendencies
Worst Song: I wasn't meant to feel this/asleep at the wheel

In fact the whole Art Of Rebellion album sucked as a whole!!
I know they were trying to end their contract with Epic and were pumping out
cds at a record pace but on their last few Epic cds (And their 1st few on Suicidal Records) are really bad!! And if I wasn't such a fan I probably wouldn't even own them..Mike Muirs inability to co exist with everyone except for Mike Clark have hurt the band to the point that I don't know if they'll ever be the same great band again.....But just on past rep they're still my favorite band!!!

tedvanfrehley said:
Hey all you psycho sons o' bitches! (ladies that's you too!) Uncle Ted is back with a third installment of angst ridden fun! THINKABOWDIT #3!!!!!!

But first I want to apologize to a brother in metal. I know him only as WINNER. WINNER, I owe you an apology, sir. As you know (and some others may know) I went a little apeshit in the RELIGION/CHRISTIANITY thread. I lost my cool because I took one of your remarks personally and snapped back at you with a cheap shot. You called me on it, and you're right. First off, it wasn't even that funny. But most importantly, I realized that here I was in a thread trying to defend Christianity and then I snapped at you like a dumbass and came off as sounding very narrow minded and very much like the types of Christians you despise. "I'm right, you're wrong and if you don't agree then fuck off" and that's just not me. I am a Christian. (Though OBVIOUSLY not the best example of one by my behavior) But I am not the type of guy to get his panties in a wad because you disagree. Nor do I wish to preach to anybody. I think you should do what you think is right ( and so should everyone else) and we will all find out one day if we were right or wrong. Myself included. The worst thing I can do is say I'm a Christian and then go off the handle like the typical Holier Than Thou dumbass. I did, though. Again, I'm sorry and I hope that you can see past my childish behavior...I've had a lot of stress lately. Won't happen again. But I think you're a cool guy and like you I really dig on Slayer, believe it or not. In all honesty, I won't buy their NEWEST release based on the name...sorry...but I think SEASONS IN THE ABYSS is one of the greatest extreme metal albums ever!!!! Also, I am sure we both agree that one of the best things in life is COLD BEER and if you were here I'd buy you one. Just no imported shit, please. Uncle Ted likes his Budweiser. hehe

And if anyone thinks I'm apologizing because I'm a pussy then so be it. I just want to remain friends with all of y'all whether you like it or not........

Here goes:

We all have a favorite band. Or at least a few favorite bands. Now, nobody say METALLICA on this one because that's too easy. OTHER THAN METALLICA...I would like to know WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME AND WHAT SONG HAVE THEY DONE THAT YOU THINK IS ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PAINFULLY SHITTY!?!?!?!?!?!? It may be hard, because you'll say, "well, Ted, my favorite band is so and so and they have never done a bad song." BULLSHIT> I say every band has put out at least one turd. SO LET'S HEAR IT!

For example, if your favorite band of all time is Motley Crue then I should hope that you would say BRANDON. If you like BRANDON then you probably don't even get out of the shower to take a piss. Sorry.

HERE GOES MINE:

The song that they absolutely never should have done because it makes me violently ill is that piece of shit they passed off on vinyl as "RIGHT NOW". Edward Van Halen's downward spiral started there.

THINKABOWDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted

Black Sabbath - "Illusion of Power"... what the fuck is Ice T doing on a Black Sabbath album?

Virgin Steele is one of my favorite bands... but the entire Life Among the Ruins album is pure crap to my ears, especially the "Last Rose of Summer" falsetto ballad.

Too many bands would qualify for this as I like a lot of different bands. But overall I'd have to say Rush for their catalog. I particularly like "Hemispheres" and "Roll The Bones" as those have some utter classic stuff, like "La Villa Strangiato" and "Dreamline", "Ghost Of A Chance", etc.

Their worst by far IMO is their latest, "Vapor Trails". That album is their forray into Alternative Rock and it has no soul and no memorability at all. Still, most bands would kill for their level of consistency that they've had throughout the years.

Kiss not the Kiss is Stanley and Simmons shit. But Old school kiss esp. Hotter Than
Hell There the first band that got me listening to metal in the 70's. I still have some
kiss collectables and the movie Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park. And Dressed To
Kill still gets played a lot around the house even right about now. I never get tired of that band! :headbang:
Then it's Old Metallica, Slayer and Type-O Negative among my other faves.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Too many bands would qualify for this as I like a lot of different bands. But overall I'd have to say Rush for their catalog. I particularly like "Hemispheres" and "Roll The Bones" as those have some utter classic stuff, like "La Villa Strangiato" and "Dreamline", "Ghost Of A Chance", etc.

Their worst by far IMO is their latest, "Vapor Trails". That album is their forray into Alternative Rock and it has no soul and no memorability at all. Still, most bands would kill for their level of consistency that they've had throughout the years.

Agree with this one a lot. I went for VT with high expectations after all the years passed by since TFE. I found VT boring, dull, cold, and above all unfair to Rush and their career.

wdiv said:
Black Sabbath - "Illusion of Power"... what the fuck is Ice T doing on a Black Sabbath album?

"Forbidden" is such an ugly stain that even the class closure of "Reunion" can't erase it from BS catalog. Up to this day I still wondering wtf was TI thinking when he came with that album.

well.....Megadeth, aaaaaand.....hmm, i might have to go with "Ecstasy"
its just a horrible song, off of a horrible album :yuk:
but hell, everybody makes mistakes

tedvanfrehley said:

Here goes:

HERE GOES MINE:

THINKABOWDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted

And i thought it was me you were going off on in the religious thread... i seriously must be very tired lately from work.... first i thought a post of mine wasnt included in that thread and also thought you were going off on me and not Winner.. <shrugs> ... anyways as for the bands.. i dont know anymore... what is my favorite or not... but 2 days ago i got the Borknager album Epic.. wasn't impressed... anyone else listen to this band? ...

As most of you know, Savatage is my favorite band. Biased though I am I state with confidence that NOTHING they ever recorded was ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PAINFULLY SHITTY. Closest they came was the album Fight For The Rock which was a very commercial effort the made under pressure from record label Atlantic. Everyone, including the band admits it's Savatage's most embarrassing moment.

That said, if Fight For The Rock wasn't a Savatage album, it would still be considered good (I still like listening to it now and then). Better than many bands being played to death on the radio in the mid 80s. But when compared the rest of Savatage's long-enduring catalogue, Fight For The Rock, as a whole, was a DUD.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
As most of you know, Savatage is my favorite band. Biased though I am I state with confidence that NOTHING they ever recorded was ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PAINFULLY SHITTY. Closest they came was the album Fight For The Rock which was a very commercial effort the made under pressure from record label Atlantic. Everyone, including the band admits it's Savatage's most embarrassing moment.

That said, if Fight For The Rock wasn't a Savatage album, it would still be considered good (I still like listening to it now and then). Better than many bands being played to death on the radio in the mid 80s. But when compared the rest of Savatage's long-enduring catalogue, Fight For The Rock, as a whole, was a DUD.

:lol: I love Fight for the Rock! I really do :D