By Request: Ted's THINKABOWDIT #2

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Well, my American Idol, #1 Droogie, a great American, pointed out to me tonight that it had been over a week since the original THINKABOWDIT post! First off, I was touched. I didn't know he cared...second, it gave me an electric shock straight to the balls and made me decide to skip a second plate of hot wings and get to work on another 'un! So again, play along if ya like and if you hate it you ain't gotta read it! By the way, you can always go lay down and let your puppies suck! HERE GOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time we covered your desert island picks...this time around I'll up the ante. There are many great metal albums...old...new...speed, thrash, death, whatever....Let's say you were forced to live with only ONE METAL ALBUM for the rest of your life!!!!!!!! HEHEHE WHAT WOULD IT BE?!?!? This would have to basically be your pick for greatest metal album of all time. It needs to cover all the bases. Everything you love about metal. For every mood and every situation. You want metal...this is all you can play...for life!!!! What'll it be?????

AND DON'T BE A PUSSY AND NAME MORE THAN ONE ALBUM DAMMIT!!! If you name more than one album you are hereby admitting that you would eat the peach seeds out of a Georgia Bulldog's feces while sitting on a pickle jar and gargling with Jabba the Hut's scrotum. In other words, THINKABOWDIT!!!!!!

My pick? Easy:

METALLICA - Master of Puppets

It's got the best metal guitar tones ever, great variation from song to song, and flat out rocks my world even after almost 20 years.

YOU????
love
Ted

of course i care, youre Uncle Ted! Im proud to be the first post!

This is a tough one....hmmmm......I would have to say..

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Its a flat out brilliant album, and it never gets old....i cant not go ballistic whenever i hear Holy Wars, its the ultimate thrashing song. Gotta love ol Dave! :headbang:

I would flip a coin between Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast and.....
Metallica - Master of Puppets. Good choice straight out of the box for you Ted.

I consistently say, after having been a metal fan for a good 25 years (yikes), that the three best metal albums I know of are the above to mentioned, and I've added Blackwater Park by Opeth of late.

So, really, a flip between those three.

If I HAD to choose, no bowing out to flipping, it would be Master of Puppets. Probably the greatest metal album of all time.

I couldn't participate in your "mixed cd" concept last time, Ted. It would take way too much time to compile my fave songs than I have to waste on a fantasy thread. Now this one is more like it...

One album to choose, if I were stranded on a desert island...

I'm not saying this is the greatest metal album of all time, I just know that it never fails to rock my socks off. Super heavy, creatively progressive, melodic, and emotional, I choose:

Savatage - Poets and Madmen

tedvanfrehley said:
ONE METAL ALBUM for the rest of your life!!!!!!!! HEHEHE WHAT WOULD IT

AND DON'T BE A PUSSY AND NAME MORE THAN ONE ALBUM DAMMIT!!! If you

Bastard! :p

Black Sabbath - "Hevan And Hell" :worship:

Suicidal Tendencies - Lights, Camera, Revolution

Far And Away....My favorite cd of ALL time!!!

I would like to name a few more....But don't want to be breaking Teds rules!!
AWESOME THREAD!!!

I think picking just one album for the rest of your life would be like going blind or losing your sense of taste. Once experienced in all the other styles and bands, visuals, flavors they would be sorely missed. I would tend to focus on what I couldn't listen to. Sad I know. :cry:

But to pick just one for the sake of this thread it would have to be:

KISS - Alive :headbang:

I'd say........................

hmmmm.................

this one!!!!

priest.jpg

this keeps getting harder....what's next one song?!?!??! :tickled:

THE SCORPIONS- LOVEDRIVE

Mellow ballads like Holiday and Always Somewhere...crunchy,fast tracks like Another Piece of Meat, Can't get enough and Lovedrive, great instrumental Coast to Coast and a bit of reggae beat in Is There anybody there? and of course the track for me Loving you Sunday morning. *Scorps rock my Soul*