THINKABOWDIT #5! Who makes you starstruck?!?!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Another thread with talk of KITTYBEAST meeting Sabbath and Hawk's journey into the history of metal got me to thinking....

WHO IS THE METAL/ROCK god you would most like to meet????Who would absolutely make you wanna dance and vomit at the same time if you bumped in to them???? And while you're at it, who have you met?!?!?!?

Mine is mr. GENE $IMMON$ from my alltime favorite band KI$$. I met him at his book signing and I've told the story before but it was a great experience. I thought he'd be an ass. And realizing that there's basically nothing I could say to him that he hadn't hear 100 times before, all I could muster was "thank you" when he signed my book. He shook my hand and said, "No...thank YOU. It is because of you that I can do all I do and have all that I have. I appreciate it." So even though Gene is one greedy S.O.B. at least he acknowledged how he got there. I loved it.

Here are a few who I would LOVE to meet and probably never will:

OZZY
DLR and EVH
Vince Neil
Hank Williams Jr.
Eric Clapton
Keith Richards

Any of those guys would make me get all girlie.

OH, I forgot...I did meet Johnny Cash!!

How bout y'all?????

Me? Michael Schenker, Jon Schaffer & Tim Owens...
I'd love to talk to them again...
Also Bruce Kulick....
Never met?
I'd love to meet Lemmy!
Hank III, Shooter Jennings, The boys from Edguy, In Flames, Nikki Sixx, John Corabi
& Mick Mars.
That's who I'd Love to meet right now, there are so many! Lemmy does top my current list though...

Bryant, you know you can reach him on his website, right? He's now a photographer in Tennesse (I think) of all places!!! You can email him on the site and he'll answer back. I asked him how he got the tones on the Metal Heart solo and he told me to boost the mids! No "scooping" like so many do. Drop him a line!!! I believe it's www.wolfhoffman.com

Who i've met:

Michael Weikath(Helloween)
all of Jag Panzer
Scott Ian

I would absolutely go nuts if i met:

Rob Halford
Tony Iommi
Ritchie Blackmore
Dave Mustaine
Neil Peart
Scott Ian(and i met him)

More, i'm sure, but those are the big ones.

tedvanfrehley said:
Bryant, you know you can reach him on his website, right? He's now a photographer in Tennesse (I think) of all places!!! You can email him on the site and he'll answer back. I asked him how he got the tones on the Metal Heart solo and he told me to boost the mids! No "scooping" like so many do. Drop him a line!!! I believe it's www.wolfhoffman.com

Yeah I know his website and go there from time to time to look at his newest pictures. I haven't e-mailed him though. Nice of him to reply to you though.

Bryant

I dont really get to much of a boner for meeting ppl I feel like a creep approaching the ppl I listen to and feel after a long nights work they deserve to be left alone ...but I will say that Meeting Bobby Elsworth twice was pretty fucking cool! considering he is a very down to earth type guy that absolutely loves his fans ... Jim Koury Guitar Player for Meliah Rage was another cool one We hung out after MR's set smoked a few Cigs and shot the shit for a while hes a real cool guy and Tad Morose Was Very cool to meet the whole band! they were very gracious and cool! ... My encounter with Jon Oliva was cool to and pretty much the only time I was "Starstruck" After he said "Hello My Children Muwahahahaha" I knew I was in the presence of a god and as I absorbed it all he got on the elevator and was gone ... I have been kicking my own ass since! ... After that though we ran into Glenn Barry BP of Kamelot I bought him a coke and shot the shit for a while ... he asked were I was from and I told him Vermont and he got all excited because he likes to ski in Vt ... well in typical Vermonter Snob form I told him "Yeah alot of fuckin ppl like to ski in Vermont" ... I am hoping they Play PPUSA VII so I can find the fucker and apologise for being a jerk

Starstruck? Pretty much everybody that's even remotely famous. I blame it all on a fucked up childhood. :)

I met Mark Briody from Jag Panzer in a mall in Colorado Springs back in '85. It was impossible to get their stuff in my po-dunk little town. He brought along Ample Destruction and the EP. Autographed them and shot the breeze with us for a few minutes.

Alice Cooper at a record signing in Phoenix when Constrictor came out. I brought him a shirt from the restaurant I worked at because he was in there all the time. He said something like, "Yeah, I love Ed's blue plate specials. Thanks!" Made my day.

Wolfman Jack in the same restaurant at a New Year's Eve party. I had been working for about 18 hours at that point making hamburger buns and other various forms of bread. I was pretty much covered in flour, eggs, and other crap. I got a funny look from him. I musta looked like a bakery version of Pig Pen with a cloud of flour hanging around me.

More recently:

Queensryche at a record signing in Denver for Tribe. Eddie Jackson wanted to talk hockey because I was wearing an Avalanche shirt. I know exactly squat about hockey. I asked Tate about how the altitude affects him. Since he was talking about himself we had a nice little conversation.

Tom, Henrik, and Jonas from Evergrey when they came through with Iced Earth. Englund was a complete ass. Jonas and Henrik shot the breeze with me for quite a while. Mostly Henrik discussed the differences in DUI laws between here and Sweden.

Russell Allen and Michael Lepond from Symphony X in a bar across the street from the venue they played a coupla years ago or so.

A ton of people at the last two Prog Powers in Atlanta.

Mostly just brushes with fame but each one was pretty damn cool at the time.

Several Broncos but that would be off topic.

JonnyD said:
I feel like a creep approaching the ppl I listen to and feel after a long nights work they deserve to be left alone

Yeah, I feel like that too. But I figure if they're out wandering around amongst the crowd then they don't mind it too much. There's quite a few of them that want to bullshit with the fans. Last Prog Power Into Eternity was really getting a kick out of mingling. Really nice guys too.

Wheezer said:
Yeah, I feel like that too. But I figure if they're out wandering around amongst the crowd then they don't mind it too much. There's quite a few of them that want to bullshit with the fans. Last Prog Power Into Eternity was really getting a kick out of mingling. Really nice guys too.

yeah same with Tad Morose it seemed everytime I turned around there was a member of TM and they were all very nice and accessable ... I remember sitting down on one of the couches eating a burger soaking it all in Urban Breed comes along and sits down with us(Me Bryant and Hurmii sorry cant remember how to spell her name!!!) and starts shooting the shit and then I look to my left and sitting at the a table munching burgers is Jon Oliva's Pain's Bass Player and Guitarst Just chillin and eating .... PP is a great weekend!!! I cant wait for september! its really one of the best events I have been to :D that and I met a TON of cool People that werent in Bands Bryant His wife and all of his Friends you were all cool and didnt seem to mind my shyness to much, Savaron at like 3am :D Pabla! yeah I met some fucking Grade A Cool ppl there!

Some that I've been starstruck about....and did meet:

Mikael from Opeth
Aaron Turner from ISIS
Slayer (back when I was a Slayer freak....early days)
KISS (back when I was a Kiss freak)
a few others....

A couple I'd love to talk to/shake hands with:
Dead Can Dance
Tool
The Mars Volta
Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead, though it's a bit late for Jerry of course. Time to get out the Ouija board. Ahem.
Jimmy Page/Robert Plant

Some fine folks I have met and known.
Bobby Humbel and the rest of Biohazard in 93.
Kirk and Todd(ex) and Matt(ex) from Crowbar plus I shook Kirk's hand last Thur.
Pepper and Woody from COC last thur. Cool dudes.
Drunk with the guys from Weedeater last thur at the Alley Cat Lounge they approached me on the street in Broad Ripple and said "Hey that dude has a Dark Throne shirt so He must know where all the cool bars are at!" and I said yep and
told them to follow me to my home away from home.
Met Trey and David Vincent from Morbid Angel in 94.
Met LG Petrov from Entombed in 94!
Funny someone mentioned Lemmy from Motorhead cause back in 93 I went to see
them play at the Vogue and I guess I got in their a little early and Lemmy was sitting
at the bar drinking of all things a Budweiser so I was like "Whats up Lemmy I'd figured
you would drink an English Ale or Stout?" And Lemmy said "Stour beer?! Fuck Stout
beer is for old People!!" :tickled: Oh well plus I have a buddy that lives in
Anderson that plays in a popular punk band called the Ataris and he is friends
with the guys from Bad Religon so I got to meet those legends as well!

I think that if I ever met Dave.......I would piss my pants :ill:

Some other people i'd like to meet:
Glenn Tipton
Tom Angelripper
Mille Petrozza
Scott Ian
Alex Skolnick

awesome stories! i wish i get the chance someday to meet somebody in the music business

I'll try to give some more context here on the people I met:

Having a metal party at my place with all my friends and the members of Tokyo Blade, Satan, Avenger, Blitzkrieg and Mercyful Fate.

This was a wild party actually. I had give up the room I rented because of it. At first it was my intention to have an evening with Michael Denner to have some quiet time to talk and let him hear some music he did not know yet.

But, some people got wind of our meeting and before I knew it people carrying stacks of beer turned our meeting into a wild party with very drunk people in the garden were I rented my room!

Ian Gillan I was awestruck when I met him. It was in Belgium after one of
the best gigs I ever saw. First his manager told us that Gillan was very tired, he did not want to meet any people, we better leave and crap. Next thing we know the man himself comes walking around the corner and said: "Hello there"! "How are you guys doing?" Walked towards us shook our hands and asked us how we liked the gig!! I was dumbfounded!! That was the ultimate surprise. I mean we were almost ready to leave when he came to us. And he was really nice as well. Well we did a small interview with him and said our goodbye's. Believe it or not. Gillan is a cool guy!

All of Accept in 1981 and becoming friends with them
My friend Metal Mike knew their sound mixer Michael Wagner, yes the same one, and asked if we could meet the band after the show. So we got to meet them. Since they were Mike's favorite live band we followed them when we could. this resulted in us seeing them 2 or even 3 times a week when they toured near us. We would travel to the west border of Germany or the to see them. Afterwards we would go out together and have a lot of fun.

Wolf and Jorgen were the nicest guy's of the pack. Udo was a little more distant but friendly and always ready to answer you, when you wanted to know something. Peter Baltes was like a kid living the rock star life!!

All of Iron Maiden and chatting a long time with Paul Diannio and Steve Harris. I met them during the "Killers" tour after a fantastic gig in Belgium. Btw they played the same hall were I had seen Gillan twice. We had an interview with them in the lobby of their hotel. I was sitting next to Steve Harris and opposed to Paul Diannio. Dave Murray, Adrian Smith [who just joined the band then] and Clive Burr were also there. I have met them twice after and Steve always knew me when he saw me later in Amsterdam and in Darmstadt in Germany.

Raven and becoming very good friends with them. Especially with John Gallagher. I first met Raven when they played somewhere in the most southern province of The Netherlands called "Limburg". I was wearing a Jaguar T-shirt and John was wearing a Raven t-shirt. he wanted the Jaguar shirt and I wanted the Raven shirt. So we swapped. That was the beginning of a 3 year friendship. They put a picture of Mike and me on the back cover of their second album "Wiped out". We would meet every time they would play in The Netherlands. And they would play there a lot. Great times and I had a lot of fun. Both John and Mark were great people to be with. We had a lot of fun!!

Tygers Of Pang Tang. I met these guys when they played a festival in The most northern province of The Netherlands called "Groningen". After the gig we got to meet them and I had a talk with John Sykes. He was a bit aloof but not unfriendly. A day later they played a free festival in our national capital and I was up front sitting on a fence headbanging furiously. I was really into them then!! There were people there filming from the movie tone news. They reported the festival and shot images of me headbanging which most people in The Netherlands were not familiar with. This was in 1982.

One Saturday when I was at the Dynamo pub some friends of mine told me they had gone to see a movie and when the movie tone news was showed they had seen footage of me acting like a madman at the Tygers show. I never saw that footage but after a while more people would come to me and tell me the story.

Venom I met them when they gave their signatures at the Dynamo pub.

Befriending Meryful Fate [except their asshole drummer]. When they recorded their "Nuns have no fun" EP in Eindhoven they did a few shows at the Dynamo and that how I got to meet them. Michael Denner and Timmy Grabber were very cool and we used to go out with them in Eindhoven.

As for King Diamond we met a few times and talked. He acted normal and was responsive when you approached him. Nothing unusual there.

Anvil I met these guys when they played the Dynamo. Party people for sure.

Exciter. I saw them live in I believe Dortmund Germany. After the gig we did an interview with them. They did not make a lasting impression on me. I guess they were tired and wanted to go to sleep. I can't blame them

Trance great band and very professional! We had a small hall at the Dynamo with a 500 people capacity but in general with a very shitty sound, most bands tried to compensate the shitty sound by turning the volume WAY UP!!. Trance brought along their own fucking PA. And their stuff was amazing to even see. I remember standing there while they were setting up their gear. later in the evening when they started playing our jaws dropped to the floor!! The sound was perfect!! We could not believe it. It was clear as glass. Nice people and very good show.

Manowar. I got to see them with a few friends. We were all big fans of them. This was just after they released "Into Glory Ride", still my favorite album of them. They gave a great show without any of the bullshit speeches that would become such a big part of their shows later. When we got backstage they were posing around acting like they were the shit. We looked at each other and left right away! On our way to home the car broke down and we had to wait for a few hours before the Dutch mobile car serve was there to repair our car.

Motorhead [Lemmy RULES]. I met them at a festival in Darmstadt Germany. Also playing were Kansas, Iron Maiden. I was talking to “fast” Eddy and Lemmy came along. They were both cool as hell.

Crossfire that was a Belgium band that delivered two tracks on the “Metal Clogs” sampler. Fun guys. One of the first acts that was booked in the Dynamo.

Killer Also a Belgium band. I saw them live twice. I hear some good things about their new album.

Jaguar. I met these guys when they just had released their “Backstreet Woman” single. Very nice people. Later they would get a much better singer and release “Axe Crazy” with him. Both singles were played on national radio in a metal show that was running then.

Lars Ulrich [Complete and utter asshole] I met this guy when he stayed at my friends house. He acted up like a complete asshole and my friend had to stop me from smashing his face in!

Heir Apparent They would play a few gigs in The Netherlands and they stayed at some youth hostel in Eindhoven for a week. Since I had a vacation during that time I looked them up and suggested to them I would introduce them to Eindhoven. There were bored out of their minds in that hostel. So I took them to my place and let them watch The then just released “Live In Tokyo” video from Queensryche. They loved it. After that we became friends and had a great time in the week they were in The Netherlands.

Savage Grace. They played the Dynamo a few times and our SOD like band played as their support act.

Anthrax See the story here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3848897&postcount=35

Agent Steel I befriended John Cyrus when I met him in Katwijk were we played the Scum club. I told him about Eric von Daniken but he did not know about him. At least that’s what he told me. When we played at the Dynamo together with them, Bernie Versailles filled in for our absent guitarist because although he knew we had a gig at the Dynamo, he decided to go and see Dio live. He was a smart like that.

Helstar They played the Dynamo several times and I got to meet James a few times. I asked his wife if she would sell me her “Helstar” shirt! I spoke to James again a few years back when he toured Europe with Destiny’s End.

Toxic played at the Dynamo Open Air festival. I met Josh a few times during that night. Crimson Glory I only met them briefly. I talked to Midnight and told him how much I liked his vocals.

Laaz Rockit these guys played the Dynamo so many times we jokingly called them our houseband! I invited them at my place to see some movies. Their manager checked out my record collection, he was especially interested in which thrash metal bands I had. Real party people!!

Helloween I interviewed them for Aardschok.

Overkill I saw them live in Belgium as support act of Anthrax. I told them how much I liked their show and their fantastic first album that had just been released.

Blitzkrieg [especially Brain Ross was a very nice guy] They played the Dynamo and were very cool people..

Pew. I hope some of you have read all of that :)

Some people I would have liked to meet.

The first one is of course Judas Priest! Thats right, I never met them :( And I would be very honored to meet the Metal God himself.

Neil Peart. I would have loved to talk to him. And I came really close. Mike from Aardschok was going to do an interview with him and he told me that if I helped him a with a few questions I could go with him and meet Neil. Well, I had quite a few questions as you can imagine!! But when the time came another editor of Aardschok decided to go with Mike and Mike had to tell me I had to stay behind!!! Btw the editor in question did not know shit about Rush!

David Lee Roth. Party animal and a Very Interesting Person. Would have been nice, but it never happened.

O well, you can't have it all :D

Never met anyone (unless you count Robert Dean guitar from Japan), but in my wishlist of people to met and discuss will be:

Lemmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ritchie Blackmore
Tony Iommi
Rick Wakeman
Scott Gorham
Geddy Lee
Alice Cooper
Walter Giardino
Graeme English/Steve Ramsey
Derek Sherinian
Biff Byfford
Mark Reale
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson

[, In Flames, John Corabi
That's who I'd Love to meet right now, there are so many! Lemmy does top my current list though...[/QUOTE]

Mett Inflames three times and hung out with them, Meet John Corabi at the Tulsa State Fair when Ratt played two years ago and he was playing guitar.Inflames are awesome and signed all my stuff on several occasions.Ive met the guys in Behemoth, Jungle Rot, Glen Benton ( who scared the shit outta me) , Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Himsa,Satyricon , All ThaT Remains , Black Dahlia Murder and Gwar. Some Ive had a few drinks with. Good times.

I would love to meet King Diamond,( had my chance two weeks ago but he ducked out the back early. Booby Blitz Ellsworth( might have the chance in September) Chuck Billy, I went to a college summer camp and met his nephew bastard never sent me an autograph like he said he would. :confused: THOMAS LINDBERG , nightrage and at the gates are two of my favorite bands. His voice makes me weak in the knees and piss myself.

Hawk said:
I'll try to give some more context here on the people I met:

Having a metal party at my place with all my friends and the members of Tokyo Blade, Satan, Avenger, Blitzkrieg and Mercyful Fate.

This was a wild party actually. I had give up the room I rented because of it. At first it was my intention to have an evening with Michael Denner to have some quiet time to talk and let him hear some music he did not know yet.

But, some people got wind of our meeting and before I knew it people carrying stacks of beer turned our meeting into a wild party with very drunk people in the garden were I rented my room!

Ian Gillan I was awestruck when I met him. It was in Belgium after one of
the best gigs I ever saw. First his manager told us that Gillan was very tired, he did not want to meet any people, we better leave and crap. Next thing we know the man himself comes walking around the corner and said: "Hello there"! "How are you guys doing?" Walked towards us shook our hands and asked us how we liked the gig!! I was dumbfounded!! That was the ultimate surprise. I mean we were almost ready to leave when he came to us. And he was really nice as well. Well we did a small interview with him and said our goodbye's. Believe it or not. Gillan is a cool guy!

All of Accept in 1981 and becoming friends with them
My friend Metal Mike knew their sound mixer Michael Wagner, yes the same one, and asked if we could meet the band after the show. So we got to meet them. Since they were Mike's favorite live band we followed them when we could. this resulted in us seeing them 2 or even 3 times a week when they toured near us. We would travel to the west border of Germany or the to see them. Afterwards we would go out together and have a lot of fun.

Wolf and Jorgen were the nicest guy's of the pack. Udo was a little more distant but friendly and always ready to answer you, when you wanted to know something. Peter Baltes was like a kid living the rock star life!!

All of Iron Maiden and chatting a long time with Paul Diannio and Steve Harris. I met them during the "Killers" tour after a fantastic gig in Belgium. Btw they played the same hall were I had seen Gillan twice. We had an interview with them in the lobby of their hotel. I was sitting next to Steve Harris and opposed to Paul Diannio. Dave Murray, Adrian Smith [who just joined the band then] and Clive Burr were also there. I have met them twice after and Steve always knew me when he saw me later in Amsterdam and in Darmstadt in Germany.

Raven and becoming very good friends with them. Especially with John Gallagher. I first met Raven when they played somewhere in the most southern province of The Netherlands called "Limburg". I was wearing a Jaguar T-shirt and John was wearing a Raven t-shirt. he wanted the Jaguar shirt and I wanted the Raven shirt. So we swapped. That was the beginning of a 3 year friendship. They put a picture of Mike and me on the back cover of their second album "Wiped out". We would meet every time they would play in The Netherlands. And they would play there a lot. Great times and I had a lot of fun. Both John and Mark were great people to be with. We had a lot of fun!!

Tygers Of Pang Tang. I met these guys when they played a festival in The most northern province of The Netherlands called "Groningen". After the gig we got to meet them and I had a talk with John Sykes. He was a bit aloof but not unfriendly. A day later they played a free festival in our national capital and I was up front sitting on a fence headbanging furiously. I was really into them then!! There were people there filming from the movie tone news. They reported the festival and shot images of me headbanging which most people in The Netherlands were not familiar with. This was in 1982.

One Saturday when I was at the Dynamo pub some friends of mine told me they had gone to see a movie and when the movie tone news was showed they had seen footage of me acting like a madman at the Tygers show. I never saw that footage but after a while more people would come to me and tell me the story.

Venom I met them when they gave their signatures at the Dynamo pub.

Befriending Meryful Fate [except their asshole drummer]. When they recorded their "Nuns have no fun" EP in Eindhoven they did a few shows at the Dynamo and that how I got to meet them. Michael Denner and Timmy Grabber were very cool and we used to go out with them in Eindhoven.

As for King Diamond we met a few times and talked. He acted normal and was responsive when you approached him. Nothing unusual there.

Anvil I met these guys when they played the Dynamo. Party people for sure.

Exciter. I saw them live in I believe Dortmund Germany. After the gig we did an interview with them. They did not make a lasting impression on me. I guess they were tired and wanted to go to sleep. I can't blame them

Trance great band and very professional! We had a small hall at the Dynamo with a 500 people capacity but in general with a very shitty sound, most bands tried to compensate the shitty sound by turning the volume WAY UP!!. Trance brought along their own fucking PA. And their stuff was amazing to even see. I remember standing there while they were setting up their gear. later in the evening when they started playing our jaws dropped to the floor!! The sound was perfect!! We could not believe it. It was clear as glass. Nice people and very good show.

Manowar. I got to see them with a few friends. We were all big fans of them. This was just after they released "Into Glory Ride", still my favorite album of them. They gave a great show without any of the bullshit speeches that would become such a big part of their shows later. When we got backstage they were posing around acting like they were the shit. We looked at each other and left right away! On our way to home the car broke down and we had to wait for a few hours before the Dutch mobile car serve was there to repair our car.

Motorhead [Lemmy RULES]. I met them at a festival in Darmstadt Germany. Also playing were Kansas, Iron Maiden. I was talking to “fast” Eddy and Lemmy came along. They were both cool as hell.

Crossfire that was a Belgium band that delivered two tracks on the “Metal Clogs” sampler. Fun guys. One of the first acts that was booked in the Dynamo.

Killer Also a Belgium band. I saw them live twice. I hear some good things about their new album.

Jaguar. I met these guys when they just had released their “Backstreet Woman” single. Very nice people. Later they would get a much better singer and release “Axe Crazy” with him. Both singles were played on national radio in a metal show that was running then.

Lars Ulrich [Complete and utter asshole] I met this guy when he stayed at my friends house. He acted up like a complete asshole and my friend had to stop me from smashing his face in!

Heir Apparent They would play a few gigs in The Netherlands and they stayed at some youth hostel in Eindhoven for a week. Since I had a vacation during that time I looked them up and suggested to them I would introduce them to Eindhoven. There were bored out of their minds in that hostel. So I took them to my place and let them watch The then just released “Live In Tokyo” video from Queensryche. They loved it. After that we became friends and had a great time in the week they were in The Netherlands.

Savage Grace. They played the Dynamo a few times and our SOD like band played as their support act.

Anthrax See the story here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3848897&postcount=35

Agent Steel I befriended John Cyrus when I met him in Katwijk were we played the Scum club. I told him about Eric von Daniken but he did not know about him. At least that’s what he told me. When we played at the Dynamo together with them, Bernie Versailles filled in for our absent guitarist because although he knew we had a gig at the Dynamo, he decided to go and see Dio live. He was a smart like that.

Helstar They played the Dynamo several times and I got to meet James a few times. I asked his wife if she would sell me her “Helstar” shirt! I spoke to James again a few years back when he toured Europe with Destiny’s End.

Toxic played at the Dynamo Open Air festival. I met Josh a few times during that night. Crimson Glory I only met them briefly. I talked to Midnight and told him how much I liked his vocals.

Laaz Rockit these guys played the Dynamo so many times we jokingly called them our houseband! I invited them at my place to see some movies. Their manager checked out my record collection, he was especially interested in which thrash metal bands I had. Real party people!!

Helloween I interviewed them for Aardschok.

Overkill I saw them live in Belgium as support act of Anthrax. I told them how much I liked their show and their fantastic first album that had just been released.

Blitzkrieg [especially Brain Ross was a very nice guy] They played the Dynamo and were very cool people..

Pew. I hope some of you have read all of that :)

Some people I would have liked to meet.

The first one is of course Judas Priest! Thats right, I never met them :( And I would be very honored to meet the Metal God himself.

Neil Peart. I would have loved to talk to him. And I came really close. Mike from Aardschok was going to do an interview with him and he told me that if I helped him a with a few questions I could go with him and meet Neil. Well, I had quite a few questions as you can imagine!! But when the time came another editor of Aardschok decided to go with Mike and Mike had to tell me I had to stay behind!!! Btw the editor in question did not know shit about Rush!

David Lee Roth. Party animal and a Very Interesting Person. Would have been nice, but it never happened.

O well, you can't have it all :D

Holy Shit!... you have lived a very deprived life! :ill: Can't have it all? :err: Whatever!

I should be asking you for your autograph! :worship:

Wheezer said:
Starstruck? Pretty much everybody that's even remotely famous. I blame it all on a fucked up childhood. :)

I don't like famous people. I like to be the center of attention and famous people deprive me of that. Ha ha ha j/k. In all seriousness, I have a tendency to approach people by the way they look. I don't mean dress, skin color, hair length or anything, but some people have a face that screams "people person" or "leave me alone" or otherwise. Yes that is a discriminatory act and I absolutely don't practice it on purpose, nor when someone else approaches me first, but it's the way it is.
I would be flat out lying if I said I didn't feel a little odd and self aware meeting someone famous as opposed to a "regular Joe" but I've always tried to ignore the fact I was going to talk to them before I actually walked up to them (less the default picture taking stuff) so I could just say the first thing that came to my mind. That goes back to the first paragraph. Some people have a face and aura I can approach easily and some don't.
I think that is true with many people as well, not just me. For example, JD mentioned how cool all the Tad Morose guys were. They all were very nice (though Daniel was a little shy though still friendly) but I wasn't able to get my picture taken with Peter because he had a mob around him most of the time he was mingling with the fans. Peter is a wild and crazy guy and loves to be loud and the center of attention. People can tell that kind of stuff.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
yeah same with Tad Morose it seemed everytime I turned around there was a member of TM and they were all very nice and accessable ... I remember sitting down on one of the couches eating a burger soaking it all in Urban Breed comes along and sits down with us(Me Bryant and Hurmii sorry cant remember how to spell her name!!!) and starts shooting the shit and then I look to my left and sitting at the a table munching burgers is Jon Oliva's Pain's Bass Player and Guitarst Just chillin and eating .... PP is a great weekend!!! I cant wait for september! its really one of the best events I have been to :D that and I met a TON of cool People that werent in Bands Bryant His wife and all of his Friends you were all cool and didnt seem to mind my shyness to much, Savaron at like 3am :D Pabla! yeah I met some fucking Grade A Cool ppl there!

The TM guys were all very cool. Daniel was a little shy, but he was still very friendly when he was approached.

Ha ha ha, your shyness and my completely open personality that demands to be the center of attention worked well together if you ask me. Harumi is quite shy too. Shaye, who I am sure you remember is my arch enemy in the same room at a PP party. We are quite different in many ways (mostly because she has boobs j/k) but we are both loud-mouthed Southerners who demand attention. Ha ha ha. It takes all types.

Bryant