THINKABOWDIT #5! Who makes you starstruck?!?!

rokk said:
Holy Shit!... you have lived a very deprived life! :ill: Can't have it all? :err: Whatever!

I should be asking you for your autograph! :worship:

Naaa, when we meet we'll have a drink and we tell each other some stories. Make some jikes and slap each other on the back. :wave:

JonnyD said:
PP is a great weekend!!! I cant wait for september! its really one of the best events I have been to :D that and I met a TON of cool People that werent in Bands Bryant His wife and all of his Friends you were all cool and didnt seem to mind my shyness to much, Savaron at like 3am :D Pabla! yeah I met some fucking Grade A Cool ppl there!

PP is the absolute best. :headbang: I'm looking forward to it too. The bands are always good but the people that you meet and bullshit with are as big a part of the fun.

What's to mind about shyness? I'm pretty shy myself so I can relate. We'll definitely have to hook up and shoot the shit.

Bryant said:
In all seriousness, I have a tendency to approach people by the way they look. I don't mean dress, skin color, hair length or anything, but some people have a face that screams "people person" or "leave me alone" or otherwise. Yes that is a discriminatory act and I absolutely don't practice it on purpose, nor when someone else approaches me first, but it's the way it is.

Yup. I must have the people person face because anybody and everybody will walk up to me on the street and strike up a conversation. It can be a little weird sometimes. There have been a few times where it's freaked my wife out. Especially when she finds out that I've never met the person before.

Wheezer said:
PP is the absolute best. :headbang: I'm looking forward to it too. The bands are always good but the people that you meet and bullshit with are as big a part of the fun.

What's to mind about shyness? I'm pretty shy myself so I can relate. We'll definitely have to hook up and shoot the shit.

:wave: Hell yeah dude!!! sounds good to me ... once ya get me going I'm a silly bastard :D

Bryant said:
The TM guys were all very cool. Daniel was a little shy, but he was still very friendly when he was approached.

Ha ha ha, your shyness and my completely open personality that demands to be the center of attention worked well together if you ask me. Harumi is quite shy too. Shaye, who I am sure you remember is my arch enemy in the same room at a PP party. We are quite different in many ways (mostly because she has boobs j/k) but we are both loud-mouthed Southerners who demand attention. Ha ha ha. It takes all types.

Bryant

hehehe we certainly were the terrible 2 walking up and down the hallways of the Fairfield and the Granada looking for trouble and picking on rock stars hehehe thats the most fun I have ever had!!! :D ... Me and Harumi had no troubles talking Shes a Very sweet girl!!! and she puts up with you when you are drunk! you cant beat that!!!! not even with a stick ..... and ofcourse I remember Shaye she was like the party hostess and you were the Painintheass guest that kept stealing her thunder hehehe great comedy I'm tellin ya! ... I really cant wait till september! and I'm sure like last year when its all over I will not want it to be!

I've meta ton of musicians/'famous people' in all of my years of concert going. The thing is, you have to realize that they are just people at the end of the day. They just happen to have a skill that they do better than you or I do. And they get paid for it, some better than others :Spin: .

I guess after staying in houses of certain people in bands, it really brings me back down to reality how normal a lot of them really are. That's not to say that I don't highly appreciate them. I really do. When I finally met Zach Stevens at the ProgPower in 2003, I told him how glad I was that he was recording music again and that his songs have gotten me through some very difficult times in my life. He seemed to really appreciate my comment and was very friendly. That stuff is cool to me but I usually don't get startstruck. The three most 'startstruck-worthy' I have met have been Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler, and Steve Harris.

And T-Man...I met Mike Muir after a Suicidal Tendencies concert when they 'reunited' (with only Mike Muir and Mike Clark from the glory days.) This was about 1996, so the internet wasn't in much swing, so knowledge was at a premium when you could get it. I asked Mike where Rocky George was (after already seeing the show). He replied, while looking at the ground, very shortly, "He's not in the band."
WOW. Really?! That skinny white guy on guitar ISN'T Rocky George?
What an asshole.

People I met in the 80's were Lemmy (offcourse :) )& Wurzel, the guys of Heir Apparent and Savage Grace (at an Agent Steel-Overkill-Anthrax show, talk about a bunch of good bands there !!) . Also guys of Magnum and the guitar player of Laaz Rockit. We had fun time with the guys of More (English band) . I even did an intervieuw once with Arjen Lucassen from Ayreon (was in Vengeance at that time). Ofcourse a whole bunch of Belgian bands (Killer, Ostrogoth, Axle, Bad Lizard, Pariah, etc..) . Also some bands of Holland worth mentioning are Vandenberg , Vandale and Martyr.

People I would love to meet in person, like not having a 5 minute intervieuw , but spend a day with them or so are;

Jon Oliva
Ayreon
Geoff Tate
Ozzy
Vai
Bryant
JD
Wyvern
Greeno
Sixx
Zep
TSO
Wicked
Ted
Clammy

and ALL the UMOS'ers I'm forgetting !!!!

Yeah Walt, He's definetly different....I mean he didn't strike me as an asshole
(But they've been my favorite band for so long I could be blinded)
But he seemed really uncomfortable meeting and talking to fans after the show.

In fact you got me thinking...I seen them in 88 on the HWILT tour and after the show I wanted to get a picture with him..He was good with it and all but like you said he was looking at the ground, So my buddy tells him
"Hey Mike say cheese" Without looking up at all and basically expressionless he says "cheese". I thought it was funny at the time, but after reading how he treated you....I don't know.

Walter_Langkowski said:
And T-Man...I met Mike Muir after a Suicidal Tendencies concert when they 'reunited' (with only Mike Muir and Mike Clark from the glory days.) This was about 1996, so the internet wasn't in much swing, so knowledge was at a premium when you could get it. I asked Mike where Rocky George was (after already seeing the show). He replied, while looking at the ground, very shortly, "He's not in the band."
What an asshole.

carnut said:
People I would love to meet in person, like not having a 5 minute intervieuw , but spend a day with them or so are;

Jon Oliva
Ayreon
Geoff Tate
Ozzy
Vai
Bryant
JD
Wyvern
Greeno
Sixx
Zep
TSO
Wicked
Ted
Clammy

and ALL the UMOS'ers I'm forgetting !!!!

Gert someday we will all have to hook up and hang out!!! granted it might just be in that UMOS nursing home we always discussed :D

Walter_Langkowski said:
I asked Mike where Rocky George was (after already seeing the show). He replied, while looking at the ground, very shortly, "He's not in the band."
What an asshole.

Like the MC ad that's is priceless :D

Walter_Langkowski said:
I asked Mike where Rocky George was (after already seeing the show). He replied, while looking at the ground, very shortly, "He's not in the band."
What an asshole.

I would bet Mike Hears that question ALOT! hell if I were him I would have said the same thing possibly worse ;)

My computer crashed recently and after waiting a week, I just bought a whole new one! Now I can finally answer all those topics Ive been seeing at work but never had a moment to reply! I can say

I have missed you all and this awesome forum!

Lucky, lucky me I met the one who makes me weak in the knees and I was so giddy and in awe I could only ask for a sig, photo, hug and of course the obligitory "I love your music" this shall come as no surprise to most of you, yes, it's Klaus Meine. Had the pleasure once and have spent the last 2 tours trying again and again and again!!!

It's a long list of who I've met so I'll do that soon! I can say I have not met Ozzy.....YET! He is one I've wished to meet and talk with for years!

tedvanfrehley said:
Another thread with talk of KITTYBEAST meeting Sabbath and Hawk's journey into the history of metal got me to thinking....

WHO IS THE METAL/ROCK god you would most like to meet????Who would absolutely make you wanna dance and vomit at the same time if you bumped in to them???? And while you're at it, who have you met?!?!?!?

Mine is mr. GENE $IMMON$ from my alltime favorite band KI$$. I met him at his book signing and I've told the story before but it was a great experience. I thought he'd be an ass. And realizing that there's basically nothing I could say to him that he hadn't hear 100 times before, all I could muster was "thank you" when he signed my book. He shook my hand and said, "No...thank YOU. It is because of you that I can do all I do and have all that I have. I appreciate it." So even though Gene is one greedy S.O.B. at least he acknowledged how he got there. I loved it.

Here are a few who I would LOVE to meet and probably never will:

OZZY
DLR and EVH
Vince Neil
Hank Williams Jr.
Eric Clapton
Keith Richards

Any of those guys would make me get all girlie.

OH, I forgot...I did meet Johnny Cash!!

How bout y'all?????

:) That's a nice story... it's always great when your "favorite people" turn out to be cool dudes... I have special respect for all those talents who are nice and thankful to their fans... about 3 or 4 years ago I got to spend a whole day with KISS... they were very nice indeed :) Cool bunch of guys!

Lemmy is a gas and very nice to all his fans... I've met up with him a couple of times and he remembers me always, asks me "where the hell have you been" etc... top 10 dude :headbang:

sixxswine said:
Me? Michael Schenker, Jon Schaffer & Tim Owens...
I'd love to talk to them again...
Also Bruce Kulick....
Never met?
I'd love to meet Lemmy!
Hank III, Shooter Jennings, The boys from Edguy, In Flames, Nikki Sixx, John Corabi
& Mick Mars.
That's who I'd Love to meet right now, there are so many! Lemmy does top my current list though...

I've been very lucky and blessed to have met so many of my favs... and so many talented mussicians, they have all been wonderful people and nice as heck!

I think the only person I REALLY want to meet at this point is Alice Cooper :worship:

kittybeast said:
My computer crashed recently and after waiting a week, I just bought a whole new one! Now I can finally answer all those topics Ive been seeing at work but never had a moment to reply! I can say

I have missed you all and this awesome forum!

Missed you too Kitty!!! I was wondering what happened to ya! almost did a M.I.A. Thread for ya!!!