Words to live by

Salamurhaaja said:
If you kill one person a day, you are that much closer to being a god. My personal wisdom :D

hahaha. that's the best thing i've read all day. my current mantra is:
life in a box is better than no life at all... at least you'd have a chance.

"Always be sure to gain peoples' trust. This way after they turn their back, you can pull the knife out to use it again."
approximate memory from a signature I once saw.

"There's no rhyme or reason to life
this sweet, sweet life"

(ironic as the song it's from is about losing feeling for being alive)

"your heart ain't yours to control
no matter how tight the reigns"

The previous two are David Gray lyrics... and the last is my personal belief.

mousewings said:
"Always be sure to gain peoples' trust. This way after they turn their back, you can pull the knife out to use it again."
approximate memory from a signature I once saw.

I like this one. My 'knife' is guilt trips I use to stab them.

it's new model army time again - "you said 'give us liberty or give us death'. now you've got both: what you want next?"

@|ngenius: well, one thing is you quote them because they hold some relevance, quite another if you live by wisdom such as "early to bed and early to rise etc etc". ;)

rahvin.

oh, nma do the trick for me with "on, on, on, cried the leaders at the back".

as for other quotes, of course i could name all of bad religion's discography, but in consideration of some replies i got on a newly joined online group (ie basically people didnt understand a flying fuck of what i was trying to say, even if i expressed myself in fairly standard english):

if i could fly high above the world
would i see abunch of living dots
spell the word stupidity?

One that fits me well with a stint of irony is: "All extremists should be shot!"

Ormir said:
Kokeile kaikkea kerran, paitsi mummoasi ja Iltalehden veikkaus vinkkejä.

I've heard it in this form: "Kaikkea pitää kokeilla kerran, paitsi omaa siskoa ja kansantanhuja". :D

-Villain (np: Stone - Colours - "Meaning of Life")

Hehe I love quotations.. :D Like in my MSN-names or signatures (well, I am kinda lazy with that lately, but hey..) The other quotations reminded me of:

You can't teach a gay dog straight tricks.

Villain said:
One that fits me well with a stint of irony is: "All extremists should be shot!"

I've heard it in this form: "Kaikkea pitää kokeilla kerran, paitsi omaa siskoa ja kansantanhuja". :D

-Villain (np: Stone - Colours - "Meaning of Life")

I know a version: "Kokeile kaikkea, paitsi sukulaisia ja jääpuikkoa perseessä" go figure ;)

NP: Borknagar - The Archaic Course - Universal

'--and forgive me nothing for I truly meant it all
What I've said, what I've done.' (Sentenced - Everything is Nothing)

I'm trying to live the way that I could use this one as my last words. :)

-Lamia

If you can´t eat it or fuck it, you can always piss on it.

If swallow doesn´t make a summer, one American declares a war.

When you are victorious, kill your opponents women, rape their men and drink their oil.

I have a very black humour type quote:
"Is life truly worth living, or is killing yourself just not worth the effort?"
A friend of mine once shared this with me. I once used it as a personal liked quote on a survey. I was late submitting it, so it could be a reason, but... The person running the survey never wrote me back. :D

I also have a lot more Dave Gray quotes I like, but I won't post them all.

"Love's a raven when it flies..."

@mouse: I was talking with a very smart friend of mine last night and he suggested David Gray is widely inspired by Leonard Cohen. Since you are so big a fan of his, why don't you check out Cohen too? Sorry if I'm the billionth person to tell you so :)

h (german hanging garden)