Workout Music Thread

Biceps are a small muscle you don't need much.
2 x 15 alt dumbbell curls 20lbs
3 x 8 alt dumbbell curls 40lbs
3 x 6 hammer curls (65lbs) I usually do some banging and swinging to get them up, then i squeeze my bicep with the weight right at the top of my chest. then release
3 x 8 concentration curls 30-35lbs

Edit: This is what works for me, I hate preacher curls, i also despise using a barbell. I always hit forearms right after with light weight and high reps.

Mostly everyone says that beginner should go by the model that if you can perform 12 reps of the weight then it's time to move up. If you can't do 8 then it's too much. Work between 8-12 reps (3 sets per exercise), building up towards doing 12 easy then progress.

Well there are many theories, e.g. what I'm currently doing is a mix of the first and second I put.

I do, of each exercise, 4 series and I decrease the reps and increase the weight. So, e.g. with biceps curl I do:

15 reps with 8 kg
12 reps with 10 kg
10 reps with 12 kg
8 reps with 16 kg

That same system (ofc with different weights in each exercise) with each thing.

This is how I used to workout when I lived in the hood and I was a black guy.

I'm sorry this thread has seriously digressed into a general workout thread but. I've been listening to a lot of Dr. Dre. - What's the Difference. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What will 80 reps for biceps do? Over-train them.

Not necessarily. You won't over train if you eat right, but in his case, he probably is over-training :p

When I was trying to get cut, I was going to the gym twice a day, and on arms day I would do 2 drop sets of 10-15 reps on barbell bicep curls and then the same thing on preacher curls. Then in the evening I would do a heavy chest workout.
I did that 6 days a week, doing drop sets in the mornings and heavy weights in the evening, that way I could hit every muscle group twice a week, once heavy and once with high reps and max contraction.

That went on for about 7 weeks and I hardly lost any muscle size, but of course I was eating a shit load of protein.

Not necessarily. You won't over train if you eat right, but in his case, he probably is over-training :p

When I was trying to get cut, I was going to the gym twice a day, and on arms day I would do 2 drop sets of 10-15 reps on barbell bicep curls and then the same thing on preacher curls. Then in the evening I would do a heavy chest workout.
I did that 6 days a week, doing drop sets in the mornings and heavy weights in the evening, that way I could hit every muscle group twice a week, once heavy and once with high reps and max contraction.

That went on for about 7 weeks and I hardly lost any muscle size, but of course I was eating a shit load of protein.

Well you did lose muscle :p but you built back more than you lost and kept yourself stimulated to preserve what you had as well.

Bulikng and cutting is like accounting, always trying to make the best of losses and gains. On a cut you'll lose a little muscle and a lot of fat, and on a bulk gain a lot of muscle and a little fat, but go through a few years of doing that and your net muscle and fat will be really good levels.

And I don't give a shit Nick if it's a workout thread :p I'm still going through the tunes on the first page XD but that is a great song, not big on rap for working out but that one is one of my faves.

Is it really that hard to figure out?

1. Google the lyrics.
2. More importantly, it says the song name under the video description :lol:

Also, Eurobeat tracks such as these are excellent workout music (I can upload an awesome mix CD of these tracks if anyone wants):

^ALL OF THE ABOVE

JESUS CHRIST ONLY BICEPS AND TRICEPS, WHAT ARE YOU? A FAG?

AND ALL ABOUT THIS HOW MANY REPS, IF YOU DO OVER 8 REPS IN YOUR SETS YOU ARE A FAG.

IF YOU DO NOT SQUAT OR DEADLIFT YOU ARE NOT A MAN.

AND YOU WON'T SEE MUCH RESULTS IF YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR DIET STRAIGHT BMR CALORIE EXCESS HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT MOTHERFUCKER JESUS CHRIOST

ROID RAGE

Mago De Oz??? Only if you want to kill yourself :lol:

^ALL OF THE ABOVE

JESUS CHRIST ONLY BICEPS AND TRICEPS, WHAT ARE YOU? A FAG?

AND ALL ABOUT THIS HOW MANY REPS, IF YOU DO OVER 8 REPS IN YOUR SETS YOU ARE A FAG.

IF YOU DO NOT SQUAT OR DEADLIFT YOU ARE NOT A MAN.

AND YOU WON'T SEE MUCH RESULTS IF YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOUR DIET STRAIGHT BMR CALORIE EXCESS HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT MOTHERFUCKER JESUS CHRIOST

ROID RAGE

Wtf are you talking about?

And doing over 8 reps is perfectly normal if your goal is strength, y'know ;)

Seriously, what the fuck... I am fat and I really ate like shit and didn't take care of myself and even then I never got close to this fat and pathetic, how can people do this to themselves?

"Doing over 8 reps" when taken completely out of context means, for the most part, absolutely nothing. It depends on the rest of your training regime (frequency, intensity, loading phase, how taxing the exercise is to your body, whether you are bulking/cutting/maintaining) what kind of rep scheme is ideal for you to follow.

However, generally speaking, efficient strength-building usually translates to working with heavier weight, less reps per set, but more sets. 8 being okay at times, but far from the best. Also, it's important to note that there are different types of strength. Maximal strength (powerlifters), starting/explosive strength (olympic lifters), static strength (gymnasts/balancers), strength endurance (athletes/fighters), etc etc. The last of which is really the only where you'd want to be focusing on repping ability. However, even at that, you need a certain amount of base strength before your repping strength actually means anything substantial, so you'd still want to go through loading phases where you are working with heavier weights and less reps. The only time any of the others would be seen working with higher reps (for a productive reason) would be to simply give the CNS a break (a.k.a. deload) from heavy lifting.