Worship Music - 3 months on

Care to state why?

Because I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

its ok at best for me, kinda got tired of it after 2 weeks, ive a ton of anthrax bootlegs so it mite be just that i prefer live matierial, id only really listen to 2 studio albums- pot and sown

Because I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some . . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Well put.

I still dig it after having taken a long break from over listening to it. Great performances all around, great production and great songwriting with minimal filler. There are a couple songs that just don't do it for me.

I think Joey would have been great on SOWN as well as I think Bush would have been great on WM.

It's still too early to rank it with other Anthrax LPs. Although I think it would be hard pressed to top POT which I think is a masterpiece of an album. Just one or two filler songs. As good as wm is there's definitely "filler" tracks. For example on iTunes, it looks like you're getting 13 songs. But really there are only ten plus a hidden cover song at the end. I can see the casual fan wanting to just buy the devil you know or in the end for $1.29. Who's gonna buy intro, hymn1 or hymn 2 for the same price??

I still dig it after having taken a long break from over listening to it. Great performances all around, great production and great songwriting with minimal filler. There are a couple songs that just don't do it for me.

I think Joey would have been great on SOWN as well as I think Bush would have been great on WM.

It's still too early to rank it with other Anthrax LPs. Although I think it would be hard pressed to top POT which I think is a masterpiece of an album. Just one or two filler songs. As good as wm is there's definitely "filler" tracks. For example on iTunes, it looks like you're getting 13 songs. But really there are only ten plus a hidden cover song at the end. I can see the casual fan wanting to just buy the devil you know or in the end for $1.29. Who's gonna buy intro, hymn1 or hymn 2 for the same price??

good point,i do think its was a massive waste of time,shoulda just been part of the songs,the only song i dont really like is revolution screams,reminds me of primal concrete sledge.

the only song i dont really like is revolution screams,reminds me of primal concrete sledge.

YES - that's it!!!!! I've been trying to work out what song I also felt I was listening to, and it was PCS!!!! Just didn't realise it!!!!

I think Revolution Screams is a solid tune. Love the part where Joey sings "Questions come easlily.....a world full of chaos and rape....." and where Charlie locks into that groove. Awesome.

Nah, even after a few listens, the production is too polished and yeah, most songs are too generic for me. TDYK has a nice groove... and a good solo. Fight'em is kinda nice, but the voice effect on the "I'll end you"'s makes me wanna hit the skip button. Can't recall the rest of the album if I haven't heard it in the last 2 hours...

But hey, maybe I'm just a bit awkward when it comes to music as I would defo list Vol.8 as one of my favorite Anthrax albums...

I must say I'm blown away by the lack of love that Rob gets for his solo work on Worship Music. I think his leads are killer throughout. Am I alone here or am I missing something?

johnny saying joey is the weakest link makes him look like a tool,he made that album what it is,neither john or dan were meant to sing on this record,it was fate.

Makes him look like a tool? I think the album could have sounded better with John, but regardless, I still don't like the music very much. It sounds very popish and gives me too much of that modern metalcore-emo vibe. Sorry, but it's there and they very obviously attempted to reach this audience after the moderate success of TDT.
Also, it's a no brainer that if someone doesn't like that 80's vocal style then the vocals will be the weakest element of this disc for them.

Makes him look like a tool? I think the album could have sounded better with John, but regardless, I still don't like the music very much. It sounds very popish and gives me too much of that modern metalcore-emo vibe. Sorry, but it's there and they very obviously attempted to reach this audience after the moderate success of TDT.
Also, it's a no brainer that if someone doesn't like that 80's vocal style then the vocals will be the weakest element of this disc for them.

Dude...you know damn well this album was written before any side projects. :mad:

sorry guys but i am sick of everyone busting joeys balls over this record,it seems the bush lovers cant let go while the majority of of anthrax fan have embraced the record.

sorry guys but i am sick of everyone busting joeys balls over this record,it seems the bush lovers cant let go while the majority of of anthrax fan have embraced the record.

I see, now the "majority" decides what is good and what is not, I think majority of people loves Lady Gaga and thinks heavy metal is an evil music.

I think WM is a good record but I can't help not being astonished by it, I share DumbAss'es opinion, even though I don't hear many metalcore-emo elements in it, though I agree it's probably the most "pop" sounding Anthrax record ever. And the vocals are really too 80ish for my taste.