Worship Music - 3 months on

There's some bright points on the album... Earth on Hell, the Giant, the Constant, perhaps I'm Alive, but I don't rate the album at all. I'd describe the vast majority of music on this as sing-along thrash-pop. I hate Fight Em and I hate In the End. Tried my best with the album.

Th1rt3en >>>>>> Worship Music

Im still surprised at the dislike for WM and how some consider it "pop". After all the waiting and delays for the album Id have to say it was well worth it and Im still a big fan of the album and it definitely delivered.

Ive been through the thick and the thin with the band and Im still here, so obviously I aint goin nowhere.

Its just unfortunate things didnt work out in whatever way with Joey after the reunion, then the Dan Nelson period and delays in getting the album a few years late.

Guess things just didnt work out the way most of us would have wanted.

Im still surprised at the dislike for WM

There's not much dislike really. The odd fan who wanted a thrashfest record a la ATL maybe, but the very vast majority thought it was awesome.

Hell, even Blabbermouth posters (as in the public) had it as an 8.5/10, and that was averaged out from over 300 odd posts, and the record made the top few of most best of lists from 2011, so it has been pretty overwhelmingly "liked" at the very least from what I've seen and heard.

For better or worse, I listen to a lot of old and new Thrash, but I feel all bands should be "themselves", whatever that is, rather than just being "the thing I want". I like WM very much, even though it's not as thrashy as I would have hoped. I kinda knew that beforehand, though. The first song is the best, IMHO, because it does represent the style I wish was better represented throughout the album, and is my particular preference. But there are just too many other good metal songs on the album, if not sheer Thrash. FETYC is a modern classic (which is sad, because I think EoH should be a modern classic too, and I fear it will no longer be played when they write a new album.) This album didn't suck, still sounds like Anthrax, and has both classic and modern elements to it, while the modern elements for the most part are not really annoying (to me, that is) as they can be with many other bands. As I said once, Joey makes the songs I wouldn't like otherwise very good. He's not the album, but he certainly puts his stamp on it very nicely. I am not disappointed myself, because the band actually managed to put out an album that have their signature sound, and that feels wholly authentic for who they are (I.E. when I want to listen to a Kreator album, I listen to Kreator-Anthrax is Anthrax, and not "insert you favorite bands in here.")

Earth on Hell proves they could go in that direction, even though it's the least commercial approach they could ever take. At least they threw me a bone there, hahaha!

After all this time, I still think it was the best album released last year. I'd like to believe that there will be a follow up in a couple of years, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I still love it. I wasn't crazy about 'The Constant' at first, but now it's one of my favorite songs on there. Crazy how thoughts change after awhile.

For better or worse, I listen to a lot of old and new Thrash, but I feel all bands should be "themselves", whatever that is, rather than just being "the thing I want". I like WM very much, even though it's not as thrashy as I would have hoped. I kinda knew that beforehand, though. The first song is the best, IMHO, because it does represent the style I wish was better represented throughout the album, and is my particular preference. But there are just too many other good metal songs on the album, if not sheer Thrash. FETYC is a modern classic (which is sad, because I think EoH should be a modern classic too, and I fear it will no longer be played when they write a new album.) This album didn't suck, still sounds like Anthrax, and has both classic and modern elements to it, while the modern elements for the most part are not really annoying (to me, that is) as they can be with many other bands. As I said once, Joey makes the songs I wouldn't like otherwise very good. He's not the album, but he certainly puts his stamp on it very nicely. I am not disappointed myself, because the band actually managed to put out an album that have their signature sound, and that feels wholly authentic for who they are (I.E. when I want to listen to a Kreator album, I listen to Kreator-Anthrax is Anthrax, and not "insert you favorite bands in here.")

Earth on Hell proves they could go in that direction, even though it's the least commercial approach they could ever take. At least they threw me a bone there, hahaha!

Great post!

I still love it. I wasn't crazy about 'The Constant' at first, but now it's one of my favorite songs on there. Crazy how thoughts change after awhile.

Revolution Screams has done that for me! I thought it was average at best but now love it!!!

It has been in my car cd player going on two months solid. Sure there's some spots I think "I wonder what John would have done there" but there's spots on stomp and wcfya I pondered the same of Joey. I love the record. It's Anthrax through and through. Totally agree with others on this being metal record of the year. My personal top four Anthrax releases in No real order because I love each of them.
POT
Volume 8
Worship
WCFYA

.........also, with the exception of Vol 8 I think either JB could have delivered the goods on those records. Different and personalized takes but would have been killer either way.

Sure there's some spots I think "I wonder what John would have done there"

I never thought that. I also never wondered how Joey would do on John's stuff. I always try to enjoy the eras separately and not imagine what would have been.

The fact that its been 7 years and people still cant let go of the Joey/John thing drives me absolutely insane. :puke::puke:

I never thought that. I also never wondered how Joey would do on John's stuff. I always try to enjoy the eras separately and not imagine what would have been.

The fact that its been 7 years and people still cant let go of the Joey/John thing drives me absolutely insane. :puke::puke:

So very true. It's all Anthrax, no matter what anyone says, and it's all great.

The album did bring a new vibe to the band. New tours, new wonderful experiences for the fans. The NY show w/Testament was terrific, even though I missed the songs from the 90s-early 00s... "Worship Music" continues to sound awesome on my ipod. That's all that matters to me.
Hopefully, in a year or two we'll be able to get some new material from the guys....