Worst guitar solos

I can't believe no one's mentioned Cannibal Corpse. Jesus. Their solos are pretty much death-metalized Slayer solos. Alex Webster's few bass solos are good, but the guitar... not so much. Pat O'Brien still owns, however.

Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits had some pretty good solo's

Raining Blood=:puke:

Um... those arent' solos in that song. If you read the liner notes it says Noise: Hanneman/King not Solo's: Hanneman/King. The random squealing and noise is meant to enhance the effect of the track turning into total chaos.

Um... those arent' solos in that song. If you read the liner notes it says Noise: Hanneman/King not Solo's: Hanneman/King. The random squealing and noise is meant to enhance the effect of the track turning into total chaos.

All of his solos sound like that though...

largely, yes. but i think bonded by blood is overrated too. i never liked it that much.

Damn, I always wondered what the hell was so good about this album too, the only song I liked on it was "And Then There Was None", really couldn't find anything to like about it other than that...

I have to add this though, this topic is the reason metal is dying... I swear to god, with all bickering about Slayer sucking, or Megadeth, or whatever, how hell do some of you consider yourselves metalheads? Some of you guys sound like some faggoty art critics...:erk:

I can't believe no one's mentioned Cannibal Corpse. Jesus. Their solos are pretty much death-metalized Slayer solos. Alex Webster's few bass solos are good, but the guitar... not so much. Pat O'Brien still owns, however.

Isn't that a bit extreme? Cannibal Corpse solos don't really suck, but they are generic -- mediocre to decent, but it's true they're Slayer influenced.

All of his solos sound like that though...

No. Many are of course noisy wank fests, but not all. Check out the solos on Spirit in Black or Hallowed Point. Hardly just random squealing.

because theyre a gimmick

Well they certainly utilize gimmicks but then again many classic metal bands have done so as well (Bathory, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, etc.). Aside from the obvious gimmick factor however is the fact that CC has been one of the most consistently good DM bands since the early 90's.

cannibal corpse is a pretty generic DM band

why are they so popular??

They're the most available to noobs and people tend to stay loyal to the first couple of bands they become familiar with of a genre they're new to.

I don't love them but they're really not all that bad.

Exactly. People who hate CC tend to hate them for their lyrics and even go as far as saying all their albums sound the same, which is completely ignorant. Most of their albums have good musicianship and vary from one another. The musicians are no joke. They lyrics are.

ive always been told the old CC is decent but i cant stand any of it, however i like listening to their newly released, 'kill'