WTF are you listening to?

New John Haughm solo track. It actually has heavy guitars and drums, really cool song and I'm super excited to hear the rest. Agalloch vibes aplenty roughly halfway through.

it is interesting-ish, i generally approve of overt nephilim references but this song just kind of seems to happen with little emotional impact, stuff builds upon stuff and it comes and goes but has none of the eloquence or drama and dynamics of, say, elizium

the mix is super congested also, everything happening at once and none of the instruments seem to really be given enough space

i'll give the album a shot tho, ty for bringing it to our attention

I'm a little up/down on the Haughm solo stuff, but I only know so much. This new thing is enjoyable, certainly Agallochian. I recently picked up Art of the Black Blood on vinyl and man, that shit is WEIRD. I mean that in a good way (I think), and circa 2005 NAD would've listened to it non-stop and made all my friends suffer through it constantly. These days whacky shit only gets played every so often. I still think Pillorian is great, and I dug that it didn't really sound like Agalloch. Oh and I have The Last Place I Remember in my new album pile which I'll get to... some day.

Napalm Maiden.jpg
Sony POS (I love you).jpg

Yesterday was Subaru Service Saturday Soundtrack as spun on a several decade old cheap as hell boombox that just won't fucking die. I used to kick this radio at work to take out frustration back in the '90s. And yet it remains a faithful servant. I guess this post is now a shitty photojournal? Hmm.

Reactions: einride
Oh and I have The Last Place I Remember in my new album pile which I'll get to... some day.
The music is okay. Dead Man soundtrack type of stuff. The bonus track is the best part, when the hell does that ever happen? The packaging and booklet are fantastic! Desert photos, nicely put together, some old west graveyards, very cool text, so that was worth buying for me. Looks like places I explore, neato. As music, okay. As art, I dig it.

But that was yesterday. I'm currently listening to DOPESMOKER very loudly because it's about time to drop out of life with bong in hand, in order to follow the smoke to the riff-filled land.

That being said, I rarely smoke pot anymore and I haven't even seen a bong in person since just after college. What shame I have brought to my family of desert wizards.

EDIT::: i discovered this yesterday night thanks to spotify's algorithm thinking this was similar to wovenhand i guess when the album ended? and i went to change the song because as always im like "what the fuck is this shit that i dont recognize? where the fuck is iron maiden? please immediately return me into my comfortzone hugbox echochamber" but then it HIT ME and i kind of froze and just stared into blank space for a bit as the crescendo happens near the end

and sometimes when i discover new music for a while it's all i wanna listen to and it's like holy shit how is it possible that i have lived thirty five years on this gay earth and not had this in my life

dude this fuckin song

shit hits hard

also this polish coldwave postpunk proto-shoegaze thing i stumbled over today

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
Atmospheric blackened death metal (?) that is based off the Dark Souls video games. Been getting hype and is pretty darn great for this style of music which I haven't listened to in ages.