WTF are you listening to?

Chris Squire - "Fish Out of Water"

I've been a Yes fan for many years, but I never got around to this album. It's truly short and sweet, just really nice front to back. Hearing his solo stuff makes me realize how essential his singing was to the overall vocal delivery of the band.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
VAN HALEN

Man was there ever a better "cool bass guy" to have in your band other than Michael Anthony? I think not.

All of the evidence you'd ever need:

He's still playing with Sammy Hagar's band. Hagar is like 70 and he can actually still sing, play guitar, AND rock. Pretty impressive. He always seemed like a really genuinely cool dude. I love David Lee Roth but holy fuck that guy should have put down the mic like 20 years ago. I can't believe they let him sing live for the last 10 years or whatever it was. Brutal.

I don't think RC was very active when this album came out. Any fans here? This is probably my favorite death metal album of all time, I fucking love this band. Its a really palatable mix of OSDM, "prog death metal", and Death worship. They really have a unique sound and somehow manage to spin that stuff into something very original. It seems like a "love them or hate them" scenario for most people. Granted, I'm not much of a scholar when it comes to TRUE DEATH METAL, and I generally dislike a lot of the "classic" USA bands like Cannibal Corpse, etc. It just doesn't hit the sweet spot for me like this does.

I quite enjoy horrendous, but that album has a bit too many weak spots compared to Idol, though. All the songwritting and melodies came together on Idol while they were a bit scarred on Anareta

This is really good

859807.jpg

I don't think RC was very active when this album came out. Any fans here? This is probably my favorite death metal album of all time, I fucking love this band. Its a really palatable mix of OSDM, "prog death metal", and Death worship. They really have a unique sound and somehow manage to spin that stuff into something very original. It seems like a "love them or hate them" scenario for most people. Granted, I'm not much of a scholar when it comes to TRUE DEATH METAL, and I generally dislike a lot of the "classic" USA bands like Cannibal Corpse, etc. It just doesn't hit the sweet spot for me like this does.

i never listened to this one much but i like ecdysis actually

"nepenthe" is a very good song

Obliteration - Dying Age demo (1997) - Brutal Death Metal

I would have loved to hear where this band would have went on a full-length. I can only imagine the arousal had I heard this when I was obsessed with Blood Red Throne. Still slays.

Anyone heard Xantam from California?

They got some excellent old school death metal groove going, a bit reminiscent of Blood Incantation, and about a third of the playing time on this EP is top-tier dungeon synth. Call it Ultima/D&D death metal. Digging that shit.

Can't believe I haven't listened to VIRUS at all this year. This song is my favoUrite dance number since that one White Zombie tune that says "go" and "hey" a lot. Check out that disco chorus!

Last edited: