WTF are you listening to?

^^^ the foldout poster thingy is better than the album itself, but the artwork is really awesome so the music had a tough job keeping up.

i also listened to that a while back

it's alright, certainly some songs are better than others

i like paysage d'hiver and their unyielding commitment to their very effective aesthetic but as usual with 2 hour albums i find that they would probably work a lot better as highly curated 40 minute experiences

I found it worked well for a perfectly timed two hour walk in the hills at the hour of the wolf, finishing with a plunging view of gold-grey skies over the faraway mountains. Anyway, right setting right mood, some albums be like that more than others. Some of that would severely be lost with casual living room listening, especially after the hour mark.

Counting Hours:

Melodic doom--obviously not reinventing the wheel here--but this is super fun, brings me back---has some members of rapture/shape of despair so they clearly know their way around melodies---katatoniaisms abound with a healthy dose of clean vox--I'll take this over City Burials any day :rofl:

Me back in 2017 about abigor:
are there any other second wavey bands that are still around making quality albums, expanding their sound but still staying within the confines of bm
I stand by it as they release another album that seemingly came out of nowhere---I like the added symphonic elements, some more soloing and the adventurous riffing, reminds me of Opus IV. Obviously different sounds entirely, but back in the early 2000's, it would have been hard to argue that overall discography Abigor would edge out summoning. I love summoning-- minas morgul, dol guldur and stronghold are classics, but after that I think they're making solid albums within their style--Abigor had their initial run of albums in the 90's and since 2007 have released great/awesome albums and seemingly continue to get better-

Another solid album from this French band:

The Chemical Mind has another one this year--
https://nickkruegermusic.com/track/ophanim-2

andd Basalte has alittle ep out

I found it worked well for a perfectly timed two hour walk in the hills at the hour of the wolf, finishing with a plunging view of gold-grey skies over the faraway mountains. Anyway, right setting right mood, some albums be like that more than others. Some of that would severely be lost with casual living room listening, especially after the hour mark.
This is fantastic. I should probably reintroduce nature-musicking into my life at some point, I haven't done it for decades since I typically prefer nature-sounds, but I'm due to revisit some new old things.

After the next snowfall I'm going for my annual climb of Heartattack Hill which isn't actually called that, but every time I hike up this particular ascent in the snow I feel like I'm about to keel over. And then of course I hear Agalloch - This White Mountain On Which You Will Die in my head, stop, and eventually turn around. I do climb to the top each spring at least. Some day I'll see the peak in snow and/or die upon it.

^^^ I don't think I can handle hearing that so soon after that Nipples thing that Ken posted a week or 5 months ago.

Last night being the first night of winter I listened to Winter. It was slow. It was heavy. It was good.