WTF are you listening to?

Dude. Hyporcrisy rules hard yet I rarely listen to them. Im ready for a new album
Yeah I kinda lost the faith with them right after Virus came out, but then years later picked up the albums I missed (and also realized that Virus is pretty damn good). I dig all the new shit, End of Disclosure probably most of all since the peak '90s stuff.

Catch 22 is awful though. So, so bad.

Agreed. Its amazing that theyve just gotten more brutal over time. They drop the nu metal nonsense and the melodicism of The Arrival to put out Virus, Extreme Divinity and EoD. Pete got mad.

Anyone heard Xantam from California?

They got some excellent old school death metal groove going, a bit reminiscent of Blood Incantation, and about a third of the playing time on this EP is top-tier dungeon synth. Call it Ultima/D&D death metal. Digging that shit.

ace as fuck. Nice.

I-don-t-always-listen-to-Melvins.jpg

I'm in a dark ambient phase and a few recent releases stand out

New Desiderii Marginis, his most "cinematic" effort, music about the many visages of loss and how we deal with it, absolutely moving

Kammarheit albums are few and far between but Pär Boström is not one of the most regarded artists in the genre for nothing

Another Boström project, a collaboration with his sister Åsa, Subterranean ambiances with a slightly mid-eastern feel

More into dark jazz territory, this is actually a live collection of heavily revamped/re-improvised songs spanning the entire career of the low-profile yet excellent The Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones. This recording is a portal to another dimension with a different sense of time

Reactions: Demilich
Jane Doe is one of those albums I've never enjoyed, but I won't ditch the CD. I figure some day it may click. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But some day.

NP: KO.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Dude, I was always the same way with Converge. I have said it many times before in the past that, on paper, they should be a band I love but can't get into 'em. Well, the Universe has finally pulled the 'ol switcheroo on my ass and I love it.

Reactions: NAD
There you go then. I'm some day expecting a similar occurrence, although I'm not really into spazcore anymore. So my Converge ship may have left the harbor years ago, sunk in an unforeseen tragic accident, came back as undead pirates, and sought revenge against me in a zombie moshpit.

Then again I liked that weird as fook Daughters album from 2018, so who knows?

NP: The Residents' Eskimo

Reactions: Krilons Resa