WTF are you listening to?

So apparently this is Circle of Ouroborus' 18th album and I've never heard of them before. Probably for reasons... Anyway I dig the musical signature and sound at play here, kinda laid-back black metal with some off-kilter post-punk parts that hit the mark imo

Reactions: spikes77
So apparently this is Circle of Ouroborus' 18th album and I've never heard of them before. Probably for reasons... Anyway I dig the musical signature and sound at play here, kinda laid-back black metal with some off-kilter post-punk parts that hit the mark imo

I've been pushing CoO on this forum for literally a decade, but no has ever showed much interest (some of those years there were like six active members to be sure). I They do have a large amount of albums/eps and while they certainly have a formula, there actually is a lot of variation within. Overall I think their discography as a whole is super underrated, and doesn't get the attention it deserves. They definitely do have a hazy dream-like atmosphere, and I have become accustomed to his vocals over the years. I can try to do a overview of all their albums --let me know :heh:

Yea I may nominate this despite only one listen.

Only thing holding me back is that I need to compare it to V. The earlier shit is even better, but I cant slag the band by comparing them to their own work. The litmus test of what qualifies to get into the tournament is akin to donating sperm. "You got some, we'll take it." So why tf should Amenra, arguably the best shit going today, be excluded from competing? Plus I think some bologna ears will hate it, so that provides even further incentive

Definitely going to keep BM to a minimum with my next recos. We need more variety.

#RambleOn

strange, I usually listen to all your recos to the last note :whistle:

yeah, if you could extricate a crème de la crème from their plethora of records, say the 3-4 best albums or so to start with, I'd be real grateful.

3-4 might have to be 5-6 and some EP's ;)--i'll scrap something together in a few days time.

Reactions: Ellestin