WTF are you listening to?

Yes, Ken, YES! How would you rank their records? Incredibly hard considering their discography is so fantastic, but I'm thinking:

1) Hoss
2) Double Plaidinum
3) Let's Talk About Feelings
4) Trashed
5) Hang
6) Blaze
7) Railer
8) Duh
9) Resolve

Resolve is the only one I'm not completely addicted to, the others are all more or less masterpieces in my book-

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Yes, Ken, YES! How would you rank their records? Incredibly hard considering their discography is so fantastic, but I'm thinking:

1) Hoss
2) Double Plaidinum
3) Let's Talk About Feelings
4) Trashed
5) Hang
6) Blaze
7) Railer
8) Duh
9) Resolve

Resolve is the only one I'm not completely addicted to, the others are all more or less masterpieces in my book-

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Lagwagon are so fucking near and dear to my heart. Trashed is undoubtedly #1 for me and it's not close. That and Hoss have a special place in my being.

1) Trashed
2) Hoss
3a) Double Plaidinum
3b) Let's Talk About Feelings
4) Let's Talk About Leftovers
5) Hang
6) Duh
7) Railer
8) Resolve
9) Blaze

Live In A Dive is near the top too but didn't rank it as it's not a studio album. Blaze is the only one that I haven't gotten into as I missed it when it was released and always forget about it. Duh could be a fucking masterpiece if they cleaned up all of the silly filler and put some of the shit from Let's Talk About Leftovers on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henrik Main
this is the song that got me hooked. it's from their split with Spectral Lore:

have you read the short biography of the band? apparently they have tons of unreleased material.

this is from an interview with the I, Voidhanger owner:

This Greek prog-metal duo didn’t release their debut album until 14 years into their career. In and of itself, that makes A Subtler Kind of Light a major release for I, Voidhanger. The album’s concentrated burst of creativity makes it an unqualified triumph.

It was Ayloss from Spectral Lore that introduced me to Locust Leaves a few years ago. He told me that in a way they influenced him, and I was skeptical, considering that Locust Leaves didn’t release a single record in about 15 years of existence, apart from a split CD with Spectral Lore themselves. Months later, Ayloss was still mentioning Locust Leaves. Their whole [previously unreleased] discography was available for download, and I decided to further explore their music. It was nothing short of a revelation. There was music from more than 10 years ago that sounded fresh and vital as if it was composed the day before. There were short songs, very long compositions, aggressive stuff, atmospheric tracks, all of them intense, dense and crafted in a masterful way. I felt like a child in a candy shop, eager to have a taste of everything. I asked them if I could release some of that old material, but in the end, we agreed to start with their new compositions. Talking with [multi-instrumentalist] Helm, I realized that Locust Leaves’ priority never was to release their music on a professional label. They were simply more interested in pleasing themselves first of all, and the underground success of A Subtler Kind of Light didn’t change that attitude.

Source: The Black Metal Magic of I, Voidhanger Records | Bandcamp Daily