WTF are you listening to?

Tiamat_-_A_Deeper_Kind_of_Slumber.jpg

I like this album, cuz it is good. I think I now like it better than Wildhoney, some decade later. I should probably fetch a copy of Clouds or The Astral Sleep... never heard either one.

Comes out in a month..thought it was available on bandcamp so I sent some dinero, but I missed the "pre-order" bs..fuck needs a pre order for digital files?

^ lets be honest, this is one of the best black metal albums of all time.

not disputing that

NP: Demilich - Nespithe

totally unrelated I guess: I miss Demilich's rapturous posts about The Incredible String Band. I also miss loving this band to bits, because the sad truth is I can't sit through their music any longer. Hippie days, bygone days.

As rare as a Halley's Comet viewing, agreement between Vittra and Doomcifer is.

Album smokes.

rediscovered this a few months back when it was played over the PA between bands as we were setting up. i couldnt quite place who it was, but i knew i'd heard it before. it got me pumped up to play though, it was like the melvins trying to cover neurosis or something. i forgot to ask who it was after we played and thus a grand search began. i finally found it on a cdr my friend made me years ago. its got a really strange vibe, the song titles and word choices in the lyrics are decidedly 'non-metal' yet are heavy as shit. fear, paranoia, pessimism, struggle, and just general negativity throughout. ive since checked out their other albums but none really do it for me like this one.

definitely reco'd if youve never heard it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to that one pretty obsessively for about 6 months. Never got into any of their other ones either! Monster drummer, he did a drumoff with Danny Carey at a Tool show I went to some years ago, after it was all over Maynard said "that was some hardcore drumming faggotry," and he was right. I drove 4 people in my wife's old Corolla to the show that night, it felt and smelt like college all over again.

Today I'm listening to The Pogues because it's St. Patty's Day. Later will be Arcane Sun, Primordial, and, after the missus goes to bed, Scald.
Nemtheanga said:
Most people from Dublin unless you are looking for a fight avoid the city on st patricks day. It’s usually a mess of street fights, puking, women falling over, broken glass and blood. Not much to be proud of.
:lol: <-- I didn't actually "lol" but found this funny anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4odIPqfh6I

rediscovered this a few months back when it was played over the PA between bands as we were setting up. i couldnt quite place who it was, but i knew i'd heard it before. it got me pumped up to play though, it was like the melvins trying to cover neurosis or something. i forgot to ask who it was after we played and thus a grand search began. i finally found it on a cdr my friend made me years ago. its got a really strange vibe, the song titles and word choices in the lyrics are decidedly 'non-metal' yet are heavy as shit. fear, paranoia, pessimism, struggle, and just general negativity throughout. ive since checked out their other albums but none really do it for me like this one.

Big Biz is one of my favorite bands of all-time. This one and the first, Head For The Shallow, are my favorite. Do yourself a favor and check out the two albums with them and the Melvins combined (yes, two drummers).

600full-senile-animal-cover.jpg

Melvins - A Senile Animal

2679836.jpg

Melvins - Nude With Boots

That looks like a tea that I would drink. Or perhaps a map that I would purchase at REI.

I've been listening to a lot of Cradle of Filth and Marilyn Manson. What a fucking homo.

A map with a crudely written note at the bottom:

FOLLOW THE SMOKE TO THE RIFF FILLED LAND