WTF, it snowed last night?!

It does. Or it should, we have a pretty continental climate. Here in Cologne it hardly ever snows at all and it would melt to shitty mud in an hour anyway, but in the higher countryside around the city, the fields are usually white several weeks per winter.

people get retarded in the snow here. Sure we're on the ocean and in a temperate rainforest so its soggy dangerous snow (vs the dry shit most of you guys get), but still. it's not that fucking bad,

snows at night, melts during the day (usually), freezes next night and snows on top. People think its the same as day before end up in ditches, trees, hydro poles or other cars.

Then again, when its cold enough, the snow is soggy enough (always) that it can freeze without melting. It also very easily packs into ice. Dryer snow doesn't do this as much.

markgugs said:
How often does a place like England get snow? Or mainland Europe for that matter (I'm talking like Spain, Italy, France, Germany, etc. - and not the Alps).

one of the guys that works for me lives in Central Spain ... on the coast ...
lets put it this way, people were at the beach yesterday.

i don't know ... having four seasons is kinda cool ... makes me look forward to certain things about each of them ... I like all kinds of weather except shitty grey rainy fall days ... all else is good.

some years ago i was in the Bahamas around Xmas time ... seeing decorated xmas trees and walking around in shorts and hanging at the beach is rather ... wowaweewee

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
i like all weather except hot and sunny.

that's my fave ... nothing like the beach and water to make for a perfect lounging day.

the ocean never gets warm enough to go in for more than a few minutes. The lake is directly from a glacier. I hate sweating, and I don't have time to live in the lake either. I like summer when I can swim, but as soon as i'm out of the water, i hate it.

markgugs said:
How often does a place like England get snow? Or mainland Europe for that matter (I'm talking like Spain, Italy, France, Germany, etc. - and not the Alps).

Maybe once or twice a year in England. It normally snows at least a bit every year, but it's never bad. But yeah, we still manage to close down schools and places like at any opportunity.

I wish it would snow more though.

Doom said:
Maybe once or twice a year in England. It normally snows at least a bit every year, but it's never bad. But yeah, we still manage to close down schools and places like at any opportunity.

I wish it would snow more though.

that begs the question ... how many days is it actually sunny? :loco:

lurch70 said:
that begs the question ... how many days is it actually sunny? :loco:

Haha not that often, but enough for me. I don't mind our weather at all actually, but now is probably the worst time of the year, when it's basically just dark and grey all the time. It's dark by like half 4 which I really dislike. At least when it snows everything looks nicer.

markgugs said:
Ha ha ha

We used to drive around and collect "for sale" signs off the lawns of homes, and put them all in my friend's trunk. We must've had 40 in there 1 night, which naturally all found their way onto my other friend Tim's lawn. :lol:
hahaha. brilliantly devious. one of my friends (the same dude who drunkenly hit a bunch of barrels until he crashed into the construction site they were trying to block off) used to kick "for sale" signs over when would be walking home from a bar but nothing as creative as putting them in someone elses yard. classic.

I went out with two friends in a car a couple weeks before Christmas back when I was in college. We took a hacksaw with us. It was late at night. We were stoned.

We were hunting. For a Christmas tree.

We found some awesome landscaped fir trees in an industrial park. We cut down a tree and stuffed it halfway into the trunk.

We were arrested but then released.

Don't do it. It's not worth your good record :lol:

dorian gray said:
hahaha. brilliantly devious. one of my friends (the same dude who drunkenly hit a bunch of barrels until he crashed into the construction site they were trying to block off) used to kick "for sale" signs over when would be walking home from a bar but nothing as creative as putting them in someone elses yard. classic.

The original prank, which, no lie, put literally 40+ signs on his front lawn, went off so well, it began to be repeated with regularity and everyone got nailed.

I remember being woken up by my father one morning with "Your fucking idiot friends put 20 for sale signs on our lawn last night. Take care of it. Now." :lol: