WTF

I just don't buy into this whole sellout thing people always accuse bands of. I'll agree that some of the releases accused of be sellout records I can't stand listening to. But selling out never crosses my mind. I just think some bands change their style over time.
Case in point - Metallica. Accused of being sellouts. I don't consider them sellouts. I just think the music sucks now.
Same goes with In Flames. Supposed sellouts. I don't agree. The music is heavier and better than anything on MTV and radio. And for the record, all of their albums kick ass. Even the newer ones.:headbang:

I'm all for underground bands touring with hugely popular bands. It's good for the genre. I want good metal on the airwaves!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
I take it Disturbed are headlining?

Illogically, yes. That is, the shows here in Holland are in venues of the same size they played headlining last year. Yes, they'll show Disturbed fans what metal is really about, but the "wider audience" argument is rather limited. I would've gone, though, if the show here in Amsterdam hadn't sold out already, and I even would have stayed for Disturbed since my wife likes them... :^0

karenorly2.jpg

NeverMarty said:
Illogically, yes. That is, the shows here in Holland are in venues of the same size they played headlining last year. Yes, they'll show Disturbed fans what metal is really about, but the "wider audience" argument is rather limited. I would've gone, though, if the show here in Amsterdam hadn't sold out already, and I even would have stayed for Disturbed since my wife likes them... :^0
this is only in Holland, the venues for the rest of the tour are in much larger venues than they have headlined

Can someone (preferably the accuser) please explain the term "sellout" to me? I've heard this off and on for 20 years now, and I still don't get it.

metalkingdom said:
Can someone (preferably the accuser) please explain the term "sellout" to me? I've heard this off and on for 20 years now, and I still don't get it.
I guess it means, that a band sacrifices it's own sound and original stile, or strats campaigning themselves in order to gain a bigger base of fans, and earn more money...
For example: I heard many to accuse Soilwork of selling themselves out, because their last album was so radiofriendly...

montero72 said:
You can't even see what tours like this do for the kind of metal we love. It exposes it to a wider audience who may become new fans.

Fucking holier than thou metalheads.:yell:

Amen.

>>>pretends to choke someone

lizard said:
we should bring in Erik to tell us what he thinks of bands who sell out :lol:

If your not losing money on music, your selling out, and gay [/erik]

I remember he posted here once didnt he? Just to ask himself why he was posting here if I recall. :lol:

I think nevermore should cover some disturbed songs because disturbed is sooo good! just imagine jeff strumming the same bar chrost for half the song, and warrle yelling "OOOOOH WAH WAH WAH WAH" oh man that would rule!