Yet Another Newbie...

Thoth-Amon said:
You won't find it in the dictionary it's more or less a slang phrase that everyone knows. If someone says she "puts out" it means she's easy or you can have sex with her easily.

Thanks for the information, I really didn´t know that, why did then necromancy write that anyway - now I don´t get it anymore :cry:
Anyway, it´s not so important, it just reminds me of another situation that I had with an american pal and another slang phrase that I didn´t understand :lol:

agonija said:
One of my best friends has dislexia too, I know what you mean....by the way what is the Michigan proficiency, never heard of that.
I ´ve learned English actually over 10 years ago and didn´t really use it that much since that, so that I am proud of myself to be able to write here anything :)
Yes, I`ve read about this dvd release somewhere but wasn´t really interested, I am a big Iron Maiden-Fan, but didn´t hear anything of Bruce solo stuff.
Dyslexia sucks big time but most of my friends don’t know I have it so they tend to correct me from time to time when I can’t read something fast enough or try to say something and can’t find the right word,and I just hate that:erk: but try not to show it !The proficiency degree is a test hosted by the university of Michigan(American university) that indicates how well you know the English language.There is actually a same thing hosted by a British university too.You have to have one of these in order to prove you actually speak English,for a job interview.I am surprised you haven’t heard of it.:cool: It’s been almost 2 years since I stopped practicing English and I am starting to forget the “flow”of the language,mostly when I speak too fast.I use the MS word spelling control to post here,cuz you would just freak out because of my bad spelling:lol:
You should definitely check some of Bruce’s solo albums ! :headbang: Accident Of Birth,The Chemical Wedding and Balls To Picasso are my fav !
agonija said:
Thanks for the information, I really didn´t know that, why did then necromancy write that anyway - now I don´t get it anymore :cry:
Anyway, it´s not so important, it just reminds me of another situation that I had with an american pal and another slang phrase that I didn´t understand :lol:
Come on, don’t be shy and leave us in wonder !Tell us what it was.I admit I don’t know every American slung,I actually I just found out bout the last one here !
:)

Nemesis_lxix said:
Come on, don’t be shy and leave us in wonder !Tell us what it was.I admit I don’t know every American slung,I actually I just found out bout the last one here !
:)

Well, I am definitely not shy :p but it was something with shuggable or something like that, I don´t remember the phrase exactly anymore, all I know it meant that someone can f... good :oops: and I didn´t understand what my friend ment....but fortunately this american friend is female and she lives for many years in Germany. We are going to make holiday together in september this year, three weeks in LA, I guess I have to stick with her and keep my mouth shout before it gets embarrassing for me again :cry:

My friend who has dislexia too is often so restless, he always starts with couple of things at the same time and jumps from one to another without finishing anything, but I don´t know if that is really typical for everyone with dislexia.

And I´ll definitely check some Bruce solo stuff, I´ve heard from many people that he has brought out some really good albums.

Cheers and :headbang:

Nemesis_lxix said:
The proficiency degree is a test hosted by the university of Michigan(American university) that indicates how well you know the English language.There is actually a same thing hosted by a British university too.I use the MS word spelling control to post here,cuz you would just freak out because of my bad spelling:lol:

No I know what are you talking about, I´ve heard about this degree from the British university, but never heard of Michigan proficiency before, I didn´t need this test, so I don´t know much about it.
And I wouldn´t freak out because of your bad spelling, I am used to it, my dislexia friend is working with me together and I often have to help him if he has to write something :) and believe me, german spelling is even harder than the english one.

agonija said:
My friend who has dislexia too is often so restless, he always starts with couple of things at the same time and jumps from one to another without finishing anything, but I don´t know if that is really typical for everyone with dislexia.

And I´ll definitely check some Bruce solo stuff, I´ve heard from many people that he has brought out some really good albums.

I tend to do the same sometimes.I try to make a point and in the posses of stating the factors which prove the point I run into a factor I take for granted but the others don’t understand so I start to explain the facts that prove this factor is true and this goes on and on like a vicious circle.in the end I forget the original point and we all get confused…just like you are now because of what you just read !:lol:
I hope you don’t need an aspirin because of me :lol:
Anyway,there is this one song by Bruce called Tears Of The Dragon, which is a ballad and probably one of the very best.Every time I wsh to hit on an Non-metal girl(metal girls probably know it already) I play this song and they literally melt in my hands.Really emotional song, I just live it.

necromancy said:
Thoth-Amon has put out with agonija.. Hmmm...

Thoth-Amon said:
What do you mean?

agonija said:
I hope everything´s okay now, don´t want to put out with anyone here

agonija said:
I hope everything´s okay now, don´t want to put out with anyone here

agonija said:
oh shit as I said my bad english but I didn´t use it in the first place, it was necromancy - so I´ve looked in my almighty dictionary and I didn´t read there anything about sex here: to put out with someone means to have trouble with someone - I´ll burn my dictionary

Anyway if that means here what you said, then I definitely don´t want to "put out with anyone here"

Thoth-Amon said:
You won't find it in the dictionary it's more or less a slang phrase that everyone knows. If someone says she "puts out" it means she's easy or you can have sex with her easily.

agonija said:
Thanks for the information, I really didn´t know that, why did then necromancy write that anyway - now I don´t get it anymore

Anyway, it´s not so important, it just reminds me of another situation that I had with an american pal and another slang phrase that I didn´t understand

Sorry for all these misunderstanding... I used the word," to put out with", with its dictionary meaning. I didn't use it as a slang word.. I used it in a meaning of "to cross with someone" or "to cross with eachother"... Sometimes "to put out" is used as to put out a fire, like the firemen do. Sometimes "to put something out" is used as to exclude something. Sometmes it is used as "to put out money" and it is a term you can use in a bank. Ant in my knowledge "to be put out with" means to cross with eachother, like not talking to eachother anymore after a certan situaton. Also ı think "to be put out with somebody" means to be angry with someone.. So as far as I know , cuz I am an English Teacher candidate who has graduated from a related department but still dealing with an internship requirement, that expression has nothing with the word sex in its dictionary meaning. And I didn't use it as slang. Sorry for the inconveniences... Sorry for any offences and offending blah blah blah...

necromancy said:
Sorry for all these misunderstanding... I used the word," to put out with", with its dictionary meaning. I didn't use it as a slang word.. I used it in a meaning of "to cross with someone" or "to cross with eachother"...

That was exactly what I also have understood, after looking in my dictionary. Didn´´t know anything about this slang thing :cry: Anyway you don´t have to apologize, we´ve cleared it up already :)

Nemesis_lxix said:
I tend to do the same sometimes.I try to make a point and in the posses of stating the factors which prove the point I run into a factor I take for granted but the others don’t understand so I start to explain the facts that prove this factor is true and this goes on and on like a vicious circle.in the end I forget the original point and we all get confused…just like you are now because of what you just read !:lol:
I hope you don’t need an aspirin because of me :lol:
Anyway,there is this one song by Bruce called Tears Of The Dragon, which is a ballad and probably one of the very best.Every time I wsh to hit on an Non-metal girl(metal girls probably know it already) I play this song and they literally melt in my hands.Really emotional song, I just live it.

Don´´t worry, I don´t need an aspirin after reading this :lol: but that reminds me so much of my friend, he talks so much and then he doesn´t know anymore what he actually wanted to say.....so as you see I am used to it :)
Tears Of The Dragon - which album? I just love his vocals, I am going to get some of his solo stuff definitely. And girls melt in your hands.....what was that about not having a relationship? ;) Anyway, I would like to know one thing: what do you do when you wish to impress (with a certain song) a metal girl? :cool:

IS THOTH THE MIGHTY ICED RAY!!?

Come back! everyone in M-R misses you muchly. There are surently two threads in the General forum about you, this forum sucks compared to M-R (banhammer, come DOWN :lol: ) and in the WORD ASSOCIATION GAME THREAD!!! instead of fishermang worship, which we would have on every page, weve cahnged it to ICED RAY WORSHIP. I know you been baneed but we is pleadin... anything you wish to tell the folks back home?

If this isnt Iced Ray, well, i just made myself look like a pratt :)

pinkandfluffy said:
IS THOTH THE MIGHTY ICED RAY!!?

Come back! everyone in M-R misses you muchly. There are surently two threads in the General forum about you, this forum sucks compared to M-R (banhammer, come DOWN :lol: ) and in the WORD ASSOCIATION GAME THREAD!!! instead of fishermang worship, which we would have on every page, weve cahnged it to ICED RAY WORSHIP. I know you been baneed but we is pleadin... anything you wish to tell the folks back home?

If this isnt Iced Ray, well, i just made myself look like a pratt :)

Nope not Iced Ray... sorry to smash your hopes. No I was the lowly Reptile.

Lol, not ray, eh? Haha, well then, in your "Iced Ray masquerade" you earned some points from me. Haha!

Iced Ray's banning was one of the main reasons for me not wanting to hang around anymore.

But regardless, that holds no point here! Welcome my newb friend! (those M-R folks are a ridiculously pompous bunch, aren't they?)

Ravenhair said:
Lol, not ray, eh? Haha, well then, in your "Iced Ray masquerade" you earned some points from me. Haha!

Iced Ray's banning was one of the main reasons for me not wanting to hang around anymore.

But regardless, that holds no point here! Welcome my newb friend! (those M-R folks are a ridiculously pompous bunch, aren't they?)

Wait... he got banned! That guy had over 20,000 posts and they banned him?! WTF! Who were you over there? Oh yeah and they are ABSURDLY pompous.

Yeah, it's that absurd, you're right. I'm 7,000+ post IcedGuardian over there.

Metal-Rules = an over-flown Maxi-Pad. No wait, that may just be Morrigan. HAHA!

Ravenhair said:
Yeah, it's that absurd, you're right. I'm 7,000+ post IcedGuardian over there.

Metal-Rules = an over-flown Maxi-Pad. No wait, that may just be Morrigan. HAHA!

Wow IcedGaurdian yup I remember you. Damn it seems there is an exodus from MR to here. Metal Priest was banned by you know who and posted here for a while.

agonija said:
Don´´t worry, I don´t need an aspirin after reading this :lol: but that reminds me so much of my friend, he talks so much and then he doesn´t know anymore what he actually wanted to say.....so as you see I am used to it :)
Tears Of The Dragon - which album? I just love his vocals, I am going to get some of his solo stuff definitely. And girls melt in your hands.....what was that about not having a relationship? ;) Anyway, I would like to know one thing: what do you do when you wish to impress (with a certain song) a metal girl? :cool:

:lol:This will be taken as a complement !(I hope i spelled this right :lol: )
Tears Of The Dragon is in an old album called Balls To Picasso (How did he came up with this title,\i don’t know :lol: )
I don’t have a relationship because I am so damn picky with girls and strangelly all the good ones end up with all the assholes.Thst sucks !
Well when hitting on a girl,most times it comes out natural but what i do is simple.I make sure we are alone listening to the certain band and start talking about it with out being a smart-ass cuz girl don’t like this.Then i will show her my records (500+ cds are enough to pick a topic and start talking about sertain songs and all.something like we did here) and in the end we will probablly try to pick the song in the gultar out of tabs(knowing how to play helps !):)
The End...

Nemesis_lxix said:
:lol:This will be taken as a complement !(I hope i spelled this right :lol: )
Tears Of The Dragon is in an old album called Balls To Picasso (How did he came up with this title,\i don’t know :lol: )
I don’t have a relationship because I am so damn picky with girls and strangelly all the good ones end up with all the assholes.Thst sucks !
Well when hitting on a girl,most times it comes out natural but what i do is simple.I make sure we are alone listening to the certain band and start talking about it with out being a smart-ass cuz girl don’t like this.Then i will show her my records (500+ cds are enough to pick a topic and start talking about sertain songs and all.something like we did here) and in the end we will probablly try to pick the song in the gultar out of tabs(knowing how to play helps !):)
The End...

Hey, do you mean a complement or a compliment ? :confused: Anyway, if you mean a compliment, then yes, you can take it as one.....:)

Your strategy with the girls is somehow very familiar to me :lol: my ex-boyfriend did the same, impressed me with a huge album-collectíon and with his guitar (he used to play in a band), we were two years together.....hey and my advice (for I am older and for that reason perhaps a bit wiser :lol:) try not to be to picky, I say that out of my own experience.....

And I´ll order Balls To Picasso right now (what a stupid name, what is that suppose to mean anywhay?) :cry: