yippeeee sadam has been caught

Who sais it's the real one? I mean it's well known that Saddam has many "doubles". Don't think i feel satisfied or sth, cos the big butcher is still free.
Oh and lets not forget the butchers' little bitch

Fuck America this, Fuck America that... I was/am completely against the war, the reasons for war, and the way it was dealt with. But, I'd like to see how many of you would rather live in Saadam's Iraq than America. Instead of being closed minded, let's look at the atrocities, and the hundred of THOUSANDS of people that died because of the tyrant that is Saadam. Im against most, if not all American foreign policy, and I despise the arrogance in which America dealt with the Iraq situation. But, Saadam being caught should be a day of happiness for everyone, for he brought no good, only terror. I'd rather see a puppet of the imperial American in power for the Iraqi people, instead of the STALIN of the middle east, Saadam Hussain. I think they got a better chance at a life that consists more of BARELY eating food each day.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others"-Winston Churchill

somnium_in_tenebris said:
america will find another threat and play muppet show to them civilians,putting them to the sweetest sleep,with several methods of mind control...

Off to the conspiracy theories thread with you.

I've said it before, I don't know which is the biggest danger in the long run, USA or the almost blind anti-americanism all around the world today, it certainly is a dangerous cocktail. Yes, the grounds on which the "wars" in Afghanistan and Iraq were fought were questionable and innocent people were killed, but in the long run I think more people were saved and the native peoples are better off. I do think that was a real motive for America too, economical and political issues might very well have been bigger ones, but there was a real humanitarian issue. There weren't many complaints when USA saved out butts in WW2.

Fuck, I'd been avoiding this thread so long to avoid getting into this.

the thing is that they won't stop there. they want to do whatever in their power to benefit themselves in every term, regardless of how that other might feel. i don't think syria or iran or cuba wants any sort of "liberation" from anything.

I don't think USA will liberate Syria, Iran or Cuba from anything.

And I think some people in Iran want to be liberated from their regime.

you'll see, as soon as hydrogen takes over from oil and that, USA wont do shit in the world... the only reason for their actions is their own good. all that seems philantropical is only a facade.

Even if it is so, would the American people let them do it without this facade? If they wouldn't, then it's as important a motive as the economical ones.

Allan said:
Even if it is so, would the American people let them do it without this facade? If they wouldn't, then it's as important a motive as the economical ones.
the only reason to it is power, through economy. if u rule oil, u rule the world. and saying yer doing it "for the people of Iraq" (<fill in any country: Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Argentina, etcetera, etcetera), yer lying.

that example of that turkey Bush was holding when he visited them soldiers out there, wheras he was being 'a father' of his troops, and showing that fine dish - it was all false, even the bird was made of plastic!! o_O

if yer history is based on bloodshed, humiliation and lies, how can u produce an honest and unbiased civil homefront? ppl wil eat what the media will serve, whereas u know that the cook is Bush, but there are more ppl in the kitchen - a few we 'know', a lot we never heard of.

it's not my restaurant.

:Spam:

One could claim that every country's history is based on "bloodshed, humiliation and lies", I dislike Bush as much as anyone, but the US is taking heat whatever it does, The motives of Denmark, France and Britain's stand on the war were at least as questionable as the US's. But criticising the US is very fashionable these days, absurd that I hear people shouting "I'm Osama Bin Laden, die Bush die" at the amusement park I work at during the summer, insane, nothing less. Bush might be a capitalist and his politics might be hypocritical, but no way does he compare to lunatics as Saddam and Osama.

I'm getting pissed about this, which seems pointless, so I'll stop.

Fuck, i hate this blind anti-americanism. Of course Americans look for their own profit, but when the Iraqis benefit of it I will support every action necessary. Compare those few victims of Bush's war (tragic enough, every victim is a loss) to those millions killed by Saddam and those who would have been killed if he was still at power. I rather have arrogant Americans all over the world than fanatic muslims or corrupt Chiracs...
I am from Germany and I know we can be arrogant to, not only the Americans. This does not mean I am a Bush lover, I don't like this man, but i hate those people who run into the streets with the fucking 'Che Guevara' t-shirts, crying out 'Peace, Love and Fuck America etc'. The world is far complicated than black and white.

Cerulean said:
You say you woudn't compare Bush to Saddam and Osama? I certainly think I would. They're all insane, even though in a slightly different kind of way.

When Osama bombed WTC or Saddam gassed his population, do you figure it was a mistake that innocent people died?

Do you think the US supported Saddam way back because they hoped he'd turn into this crazy dictator whom the y could come down and eliminate to swing public opinion their way?

All the innocent people that have died because of Bush/the US have been accidental. I'm not saying I agree with all their actions, but comparing them to cold murderers is insane.

I just don't want the USA to think the world is theirs, cos that's what they do really. They gotta keep their fucking hands off other countries when it's not necessary to interfere. They CAN try to negotiate in coöperation with the EU but not the bullshit that they're doing nowadays: propose things to do, ask the EU for their opinion, and if the EU says 'no', do it anyways. That's bollocks. I'd rather have blind Americanism than blind, naive pro-Americanism anyway.

Allan said:
When Osama bombed WTC or Saddam gassed his population, do you figure it was a mistake that innocent people died?

Do you think the US supported Saddam way back because they hoped he'd turn into this crazy dictator whom the y could come down and eliminate to swing public opinion their way?

All the innocent people that have died because of Bush/the US have been accidental. I'm not saying I agree with all their actions, but comparing them to cold murderers is insane.
Sure, agreed, but that's no excuse to accept Bush his mistakes (I'm not accusing you of this, but other people), there were some solutions better than what he's done.

I'm naive and pro-American because I say it's insane to compare Bush to Osama and Saddam?!?

But yes, they should have waited for some sort of mandate from the UN (what has the EU have to do with it?), but I think there's a bunch of Iraquis who are happy they didn't.