yippeeee sadam has been caught

Allan said:
I'm naive and pro-American because I say it's insane to compare Bush to Osama and Saddam?!?

But yes, they should have waited for some sort of mandate from the UN (what has the EU have to do with it?), but I think there's a bunch of Iraquis who are happy they didn't.
Hooooo I wasn't accusing you of being naive and pro-American eh :) I was stating an opinion about sorts of people in general not about certain persons.
And I mix up EU and UN all the time so nevermind that.

oe said:
Fuck America this, Fuck America that... I was/am completely against the war, the reasons for war, and the way it was dealt with. But, I'd like to see how many of you would rather live in Saadam's Iraq than America. Instead of being closed minded, let's look at the atrocities, and the hundred of THOUSANDS of people that died because of the tyrant that is Saadam. Im against most, if not all American foreign policy, and I despise the arrogance in which America dealt with the Iraq situation. But, Saadam being caught should be a day of happiness for everyone, for he brought no good, only terror. I'd rather see a puppet of the imperial American in power for the Iraqi people, instead of the STALIN of the middle east, Saadam Hussain. I think they got a better chance at a life that consists more of BARELY eating food each day.
I do agree with every thing that has been said in this thread, but I feel I should add and clarify a certain point here. Saddam is NOT fully responsible of his actions. It is obvious he is paranoid and crazy, I mean he held his first gun at age 11, he arrived to power by killing and murdering people. It is clear that he is not a normal person. But where does the United State's role in this whole story appear? A person like Saddam in the middle east was obviously a puppet, when Saddam showed signs of agression against Iran, who was a threat to US interests in the region, they adopted this puppet and gave him the green light to destroy everything in his passage, giving him weapons, money and whatever he needed. Now in early 90's Saddam thought as Kuwait was bugging him economically and he did not like how it exploited petrol and thought it was stealing from the borders, he understood that US gave him a green light to attack Kuwait, he took the bait, US had to hit him hard to stop his growing power, although he lost the first battle he did not lose the war, on the other hand, to somewhat avenge this dupe he took it all out on his people, that and the fact that he is a paranoid stupid guy caused all these problems to Iraq. Saddam, is not commited to his cause, he did not believe in what he wanted, why you ask? because he did not blow his head off before they caught him, and stood there like a rat waiting to be caught.
Oh well..lets just hope for world peace again:)

it seems that with catching saddam, the war is won. and it all started for these weapons that theyve never found...... bloody yanks.

well, I'm as non-informed and bad in the happenings of these days as I just could, but the thing I find useless is that he should be judged in his own country. The ppl living there are that much "frightened" that they won't say he's guilty just because they got used to that if they have a single bad word on him they get killed...