you fucking TOOL!

listened to this last night driving back from a punk show/bonfire in the boonies in west marin....dark night, crazy twisty road, volume cranked. fuckin ace, i really got into it :headbang:

Doom said:
I REALLY like the first track of the new album, but can't get into the rest too much. Find it quite boring tbh. I've never really listened to them before though, but the hype of this new one made me check it out.

I never really got into the rest of this new album yet. However, I also checked out Aenima and Lateralus. Aenima didn't do a hell of a lot for me, and I was just about ready to give up, but Lateralus...upon the first few listens it seems pretty special, and defintiely something I need to devote some time to. The track "The Patient" is phenomenal. The brilliance of that song motivates me to spend a lot more time with this band.

Man, AENIMA floored me the first time I heard it (I guess around 1998). The transition from "Stinkfist" to "Eulogy" is probably one of the best transitions in album history. And don't get me started on the interludes :lol:

"Pushit" :kickass:

I'm loving this album a lot more than I thought I would. WAY better than Lateralus, though this is making me want to revisit it. Thus far, Tool have released the best album of 2006. Why-can't-we-just ad-mit-it?

NADatar said:
I mean maybe it's just the musician in me who craves thinking music

Man, this guy is such a pretentious wank. Ban him.

JK: last 3 tracks suck? I agree with "Intension," that one's a bit boring. But "Right in Two" is one of the disc's finest tracks.

Does 10,000 Days have the distinction of being the only Tool album where the best track is the radio hit? (IMO of course)

"Rosetta Stoned" = a cross between "Pushit" and "Hooker With a Penis"?

I finally got around to revisiting 10,000 Days this weekend. It's now on my "Buy" list. "Wings Part II" is superb. However, my problem with this CD and Lateralus still remains; too much studio masterbation surrounds the actual songs. Once in a while, when you're lying in bed listening on headphones, this kind of ambient noise works. But overall, it's a waste of time. This CD runs beyond the 76 minute mark, even though it could have made its point in under 60.

Zod

the tool review on that site moose revews for gave it a 2/10 hahaha, it must blow crabballs like lateralus

Yeah I wish Tool would strip all the artsy fartsy stuff and become a slightly above average aggro-act as well. Jesus fucking christ.

Okay well obviously that's exaggerating but still, you dudes who like to trim small bits and pieces from the whole are missing the point of this kind of band. :loco:

NADatar said:
Okay well obviously that's exaggerating but still, you dudes who like to trim small bits and pieces from the whole are missing the point of this kind of band. :loco:
Perhaps. I plan to continue to spin this. So, it's still possible that the parts I describe as "unnecessary" will begin to gel for me. Then again, maybe those parts will only put a damper on the songs I enjoy. It's a toss up.

Zod

NADatar said:
Yeah I wish Tool would strip all the artsy fartsy stuff and become a slightly above average aggro-act as well. Jesus fucking christ.

This quote ftw.

It wouldn't be a Tool album if they weren't merrily waving their nuts in my fave throughout about how they can play 6/3 time signature beats with a riff that I'd give a testicle to be able to write throughout the proceedings. It's what I pay for.

Conspicuously Absent said:
I'm stoked because me and Maren are gonna go see Tool live in august
...and it was absolutely amazing. Isis opened which was a nice surprise. Too bad most people only showed up after Isis had finished their set, they were great.

Don't ask me for playlists, I can't be bothered. We got to hear Sober, The Grudge and The Pot, enough to make me happy.

:headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :hotjump: :worship: :worship:

Oh yeah, we saw Nad's tattoed chubby little brother at the station, probably also on his way to the Tool concert. :D

snow2fall said:
...and it was absolutely amazing. Isis opened which was a nice surprise. Too bad most people only showed up after Isis had finished their set, they were great.

Don't ask me for playlists, I can't be bothered. We got to hear Sober, The Grudge and The Pot, enough to make me happy.
say what! They didn't play the grudge! I spent the entire time thinking JUST PLAY THE GRUDGE ALREADY GUYS HURRY UP and they never did :(

that show was pretty amazing but I spent the entire time pissed off that I only caught isis' last song. oh well!