You spew your opinions worse than a bible thumping Jesus freak...

I just think it's a bit confusing having "Old School" metal somewhere separate, rather than having everything lumped together.

The Power Metal and Prog Metal threads are in General Discussion, and some of the bands in both those genres come across as very old school, or at least dated and old fashioned, to the point where I sometimes wouldn't consider them relevant to those threads.

I get the train of thought here, but you will have members leave if this happens. I saw it happen on the Megadeth forum where they merged Total Anarchy (similar to GMD) and the PW (Post whore forum, similar to the Chat forum here) and half of that total contingent stopped posting. To that board's credit, a lot of the same things were talked about in those boards.

I'd rather not have them leave. If they were to merge, I would make it a subsection of GMD (like the social or recommendations portions are). You get the best of both worlds there.

Wyvern is also more of a hardass than me in terms of being a mod. I'm pretty sure you guys don't want that haha. He won't take any bullshit in that forum.

If they were to merge, I would make it a subsection of GMD (like the social or recommendations portions are). You get the best of both worlds there.

That's a good idea, certainly better than where it is from a user-friendly navigation point of view.

I just think it's a bit confusing having "Old School" metal somewhere separate, rather than having everything lumped together.

The Power Metal and Prog Metal threads are in General Discussion, and some of the bands in both those genres come across as very old school, or at least dated and old fashioned, to the point where I sometimes wouldn't consider them relevant to those threads.

This won't happen because it's a different group of (very cool) people and to be honest, for a lot of the reasons that I started this thread, those guys do not enjoy the shit talking / trolling / some of the behavior that folks in here have. It's too bad too cause those guys are quality and knowledgeable dudes, not that there aren't some of those right here, but.. you get my point.

I've actually had posts removed in Old School (like... vanish without a trace) simply because the mods disagreed with an opinion I had shared about a band/album/etc.

The only thing about this, is that escalating stuff is how i got through this lol, it helped me not bitch about everything.

When i made those retarded threads a year ago you all grilled me from it and i learned it (plus advice from TB and Deron).

I don't think anyone is being totally serious to each other when they argue. I feel like you guys are making a problem out something that doesnt exist

Why even post it in a thread like that then? Someone is asking about gateways to get into metal. It could be seen by someone as hostile is all I'm saying. You can't assume everyone has been on the forum for 9 years and can discern who is being serious and who isn't.

I did, I said that Baroque's list was damn near perfect if it wasn't for his inclusion of Pantera and Korn. Or, at least, that was the implied message.

And the only recent Manilla Road post was the bad album covers thread and those were legitimate and confirmed BY YOU. Please do a search and find other backhanded comments about Manilla Road over the course of my time here. No time limit.

Do I really have to go do some backhand search just to prove my point here. I'm pretty sure anyone that enjoys Manilla Road will agree with me here, so why do I need proof? Perhaps I jumble your equally retarded facebook knocks at Manilla Road in the same hat as the ones on here, but they are still there, floating in the abyss.

In conjunction with that, do a search on how many times people made disparaging remarks when I mentioned Killswitch Engage, Devildriver, Trivium or any other of the 'untr00' bands I like. Again, no time limit. You'll find the disparity staggering. This can include posts talking about my 'shit taste' for liking these bands or whatever or even posts where I question someone's opinion and they bring up that I like 'x band' when it's completely irrelevant to the argument.

Oh, I never said that other people here are just as bad. Hell, I've made fun of you plenty of times for liking Killswitch Engaged and Trivium, and damn near every time your response is "well you like Manilla Road so blah blah blah."

How the hell am I supposed to do these searches anyway? Am I going to do a google search of "How many times was Ozzman butthurt when someone made fun of Killswitch Engage?" I don't care how many times, my point was that you aren't excluded from criticism here either.

Again, it comes down to what I've been saying for a long time about how this board and its contingent operate: It's okay for you to make a disparaging remark about a band I like whenever you get the opportunity, but when I make a disparaging remark about a band you like whenever I get the opportunity, the world is going to end and we can't have that.

Welcome to life.

It doesn't excuse his actions in that thread. I've toned down the Road hate. Other people haven't toned down the hate for other bands so I'm not the big hypocrite here.

Sometimes, it is the way an opinion is shared that makes all the difference in the world.

I can't remember the posts themselves (they were old; at least a couple years), the general tone or how I phrased them but if I recall correctly they were relatively civil and mundane posts.

My point is that the moderation is (or at least used to be) a problem there, and that bringing them here is literally the most terrible of terrible ideas.

And my point is that there is no moderation problem there. I know a lot those guys for a long time now (online anyways). They simply don't put up with expressing opinions in insulting/inflammatory ways (not that you did, but that is my only guess on why it could have been deleted), if that makes sense. Or, if a band is outside the old school label then it will get axed.

If there is no problem, then why would legitimate, non-inflammatory posts in their threads (I did not make threads of my own) get deleted other than that it was an opinion they disagreed with? Or that they thought I was being a contrarian, which even if I was, is not inherently against any rules anyways?

There are three outcomes to this:

1 - I am lying through my teeth and they actually did the right thing (guaranteed I am not).

2 - There was a simple misunderstanding, and they acted impulsively and trigger-happy; which would be a problem.

3 - I simply posted something they disagreed with, and it got deleted, which would also be a problem, a larger one.

I responded in private before seeing this, but for illustrative purposes, i will post some of the deeted stuff here and also the mod responses:

-----

Here are some of your comments that were deleted from Old School:

"lol headless cross stinks"

"The amount of idiocy in this thread astounds me. Dream Theater are a bunch of cunts tbh, and anybody honestly saying "glad they told him to fuck off" needs to take the nearest bus to Fuckoffityville...."

(not deleted)I've considered it, yes. But then the logical, reasonable side of my brain (wonderful thing btw) tells me otherwise.

(not deleted) Your argument is so flawed, I don't even know where to begin. Find an analogy that doesn't reek of shit.

-----

Yes, I can see why they were deleted from there.

From Hawk, mod of that forum at one point:
My advice to everyone is to ignore "The Butt" as much as possible. His posting are just rants filled with insults and he is clearly trying to create flame wars.

If he continues his annoying behavior I will have him banned but for now just ignore his attention seeking.

From myself directed to you in there:
If you want to be a part of this forum, actually this SITE, please find a way to express your opinion without resorting to attacking other members. I'm with Hawk on this issue, and hopefully Butt you'll find a more friendly way of venting your opinion.