Concerning Opinions: Etiquite Is Important

Their is a vast difference between flaming someone personally and flaming a band that one doesn't like.

I think the later occurs much more often than the former here, and to me, that isn't a problem as debate can be a fun exercise (in moderation of course).

Opinions and facts are closley related. If an album grows on you, the album isn't improving, your opinion is. The closer your opinion is to fact, the more right it is. Theoretically, if you can agree on what defines good, you can prove an album is good. So, it isn't just an opinion. On some slipknot thread, I have several long posts to that effect, which were conveniantly ignored by you, and now you are saying the exact same thing. art isn't completly subjective, so if I know my opinion is superior, I'll say so. And flaming is the nature of this board, take it or leave it. We like it this way, or else it wouldn't be that way. In other words, fuck off.

Umm... I'm realy just going to ignore flaming from now on, and take everything with a grain of sand. Realy, I can't change what you people do, but I realy don't feel like leaving as in general I like these forums, so I'll just ignore people who flame. Easier then complaining about it...

Thasis said:
Ok, I'm probally going to get flamed for putting anti-flammatory statements... but realy, I have something to say, and if you don't like it... well it's my opinion.

So let me start by saying, I'm rather fond of these boards. They are a great place to find people with similiar metal tastes, good metal knowledge, and a good refrence for metal bands. You can find practically anything metal-related on the boards. I respect all the veterns equally, and I think that this forum has the possibility to be a great forum.

My main problem is the amount of flammatory comments that are going around. Half the threads are filled with people saying "You n00bs suk cus yo liten to Band X" and "Fuck you! You suck for listening to Band Y!".

Ok guys, I respect that you don't like those bands, and you know what, that's your opinion. But guys, honestly, that's your opinion. Accept it, every poster has there own musical tastes, there own prefrenced bands, and there own bands that they flat-out don't like. Does that mean you should flame them? Realy they could flame you for the bands that you like? Does this make either of your right? No... this makes you both sound like jerks.

My whole point is that everyone has an opinion, and is entitled to it, even if it isn't the same as yours. You should repect there opinion, and if you do that, then there's a much greater chance that they'll respect yours.

Also, another thing that realy ticks me off is that people continualy refer to there opinion as fact. Opinion and Fact are two completly diffrent things. Look it up in the fucking dictionary if you realy want to clarify things. But dude, just cause you hate "Band X", it doesn't mean "Band X" sucks. It just means that you "THINK" they suck. Others may like them, as like I said before, everyone has there own musical prefrances.
die o_O

lol jk haha ;p

ya. threads like this are noble, but there isnt anything that can be done. it's the internet. there are always going to be arguments and stupid shit about which band is better. just ignore it.