Is innovation important to you?

I lied.

I only care about album sales. Since bands influence my guitar playing I want to be into bands that sell well so maybe my music will sell well because you will hear the influences. I'm trying to make my guitar playing more commercial sounding!

^ya wtf I had no idea we should hook up teh greys kthxbi

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Simply: No.

I also agree with this wholeheartedly. Please never preach to me about "UH THAT BRUTAL SLAMDEATH BAND IS SO BORING MAN IT'S JUST SUFFO-WORSHIP WITH LESS TECHNICALITY." I really could not care less. I love Suffocation. I love bands on Unique Leader. I love Carcass ripoffs and think some do it even better than Carcass did. I love stagnant metal. I also love experimental metal. I love everything. Music rules. Life rules. You all rule.

QFT.

(Except the Carcass part)

I wish there were more Bolt Thrower clones.

Yeah. At the moment, there is a whole underground Swedish revival of the old school DM vibe going on, but Terrorizer seems to always give them mediochre scores (i.e. Flesh, 6/10), where as the lastest -core bands ("This amazing new band combines dark electro, patagonian folk and hints of Immolation covering Depeche Mode) get two page spreads of them in their thick rimmed glasses and "ironic" Maiden shirts.

Viva la Underground.

While, if faced with two new bands, I choose to listen to the so-called innovative one, it isn't that important. All the uniqueness in the world won't help if your songs suck.

things i like today

frog eyes - the golden river
matmos - quasi objects
diamanda galas - plague mass
six organs of admittance - school of the flower
tortoise - millions now living will never die
damian jurado - ghost of david
andrew bird - andrew bird and the mysterious production of eggs
menomena - i am the fun blame monster

Carcassian said:
Yeah. At the moment, there is a whole underground Swedish revival of the old school DM vibe going on, but Terrorizer seems to always give them mediochre scores (i.e. Flesh, 6/10), where as the lastest -core bands ("This amazing new band combines dark electro, patagonian folk and hints of Immolation covering Depeche Mode) get two page spreads of them in their thick rimmed glasses and "ironic" Maiden shirts.

Viva la Underground.

I can understand them choosing to give more space to bands that are trying something new than those who just revive a certain sound without really adding to it. I don't think anyone here is going to argue that smug -core hipsters are nicer people than the guys who are sticking to old-school traditions and attitudes but a magazine like Terrorizer is (to an extent) still concerned with supporting bands they think are relevant. The writers probably have a similar view to me in that they would rather see a band trying something new and taking risks than endlessly rehashing the same ideas because they can't see past their influences.

Carcassian said:
Yeah. At the moment, there is a whole underground Swedish revival of the old school DM vibe going on

really

what bands ?

I can only think of bloodbath and dismember(trying to be 20 again). Entombed has not sounded swedish for about 12 years.

Choasbreed despite the allstar line up was disapointing.

The Greys said:
really

what bands ?

I can only think of bloodbath and dismember(trying to be 20 again). Entombed has not sounded swedish for about 12 years.

Necrovation, Verminous, Repugnant, Necrovation, Ribspreader, Kaamos, Karnarium, Tribulation etc

It's called "probably not sold at hot topic"

The Greys said:
really

what bands ?

Kaamos, Serpent Obscene, Flesh, Evokation

Necro Joe said:
I can understand them choosing to give more space to bands that are trying something new than those who just revive a certain sound without really adding to it. I don't think anyone here is going to argue that smug -core hipsters are nicer people than the guys who are sticking to old-school traditions and attitudes but a magazine like Terrorizer is (to an extent) still concerned with supporting bands they think are relevant. The writers probably have a similar view to me in that they would rather see a band trying something new and taking risks than endlessly rehashing the same ideas because they can't see past their influences.

Not trying to be a cunt Joe, but you don't see releasing an album of new songs but with the "sunlight studios" sound is more of a risk than a new album with the latest fad-core sound ? It's certainly likely to sell less and get less favourable reviews thanks to scarf wearing, guardian reading trendy fuck reviewers.

To clarify - would I rather hear "Necroticism part 2" or a brand new mix of trip-hop and dark ambient black metal-core? I think you know the answer.

Carcassian said:
To clarify - would I rather hear "Necroticism part 2" or a brand new mix of trip-hop and dark ambient black metal-core? I think you know the answer.

I'd seriously like to see the second one done.

Kaamos are SO fucking good. Lucifer Rising owns me.

Carcassian said:
QFT.

(Except the Carcass part)

:lol:...I sorta just pointed them out to piss you off. And no I wasn't high. I just felt like declaring my love for all of you.

Carcassian: Listen to VORE.

Carcassian said:

Doesn't it though?

The idea has quite alot of potential, actually.

Sneaker Pimps + Shinjuku Thief + Mayhem + Buried Inside would = an amazing band.