Concerning Opinions: Etiquite Is Important

Basically, most of this forum prefers extreme metal such as black and death and most thrash and some trads. Power metal is tolerated but nu-metal and metalcore is immediate flamebait.

I'm aware that opinions are sacred but it's no use taking an unpopular opinion against us stalwarts here, because the discussions will only bear rotten fruit.

I agree with Decadent and LuminousAether. This is a metal discussion board so everything is an opinion. It is just tireseome to write out "that is my opinion and I respect yours even though it differs from me" It is also annoying that all the time people come in and say "Stop arguing so much! Music is about opinions so you are all right and there is no point in arguing" It is a forum. The whole point is to argue about music.

Most of the people in this forum are filled with teen angst and fight about even the mildest of disagreement so yea till our hormones work themselves under control we shall continue to flame.

This is a really really really tired discussion, and no thread like this is going to change the general tone of discussion round these parts. If you don't like it then either learn to like it or leave.

EDIT: in my opinion

I think once someone makes an affort to hear music than people will back off them to a certain extent. When you come here not knowing many bands and think say korn is a metal band spoutting off shit without any music knowledge you are going to get fucked. The point with this forum is to gain knowledge about metal music from all over the world and absord the culture in a certain depth to the best of your ability.

Music is subjective and people do get their panties in a bunch but there is a certain point when someone is just plain ignorant. There are certain bands that should not be put down regardless if you like them or not either because they're important and earned a spot.

If you want to come here and bash them that's not a good start. The originator is always the better. end

>>>There are certain bands that should not be put down regardless if you like them or not either because they're important and earned a spot.

lol...yup. Here's to disliking Priest and Ozzy!

*cheers*

Scott

Décadent said:
You whine too much. It's a given that when someone says "Y is X's best album", they're stating it subjectively, so when someone comes along and says "Fuck off you witless plebian, grow some fucking ears or attempt to excercise your severely undernourished grey matter, because it's pretty fucking clear that Z is in fact X's best album", they're just having a conflict of opinion, and anyone who takes poster #2's post to heart is just fucking stupid anyway.

The long and short of it - who fucking cares what other people think? Listen to whatver you fucking want, just IMMERSE yourself in the variety of the recommendations this board gives, because no-one wants to hear about why someone still enjoys nu-metal or metalcore.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of five

Fucking hell, so what, we all discuss things and go "Ok, it's great that you hold a completely ridiculous, ill-informed idea, let's go skipping hand in hand into the sunset?".

Well, I for one say "fuck that", and the next person to say they like Korn gets my fucking fist rammed right in their cock-sucking teeth, free of charge.

Thasis said:
Ok, I'm probally going to get flamed for putting anti-flammatory statements... but realy, I have something to say, and if you don't like it... well it's my opinion.

So let me start by saying, I'm rather fond of these boards. They are a great place to find people with similiar metal tastes, good metal knowledge, and a good refrence for metal bands. You can find practically anything metal-related on the boards. I respect all the veterns equally, and I think that this forum has the possibility to be a great forum.

My main problem is the amount of flammatory comments that are going around. Half the threads are filled with people saying "You n00bs suk cus yo liten to Band X" and "Fuck you! You suck for listening to Band Y!".

Ok guys, I respect that you don't like those bands, and you know what, that's your opinion. But guys, honestly, that's your opinion. Accept it, every poster has there own musical tastes, there own prefrenced bands, and there own bands that they flat-out don't like. Does that mean you should flame them? Realy they could flame you for the bands that you like? Does this make either of your right? No... this makes you both sound like jerks.

My whole point is that everyone has an opinion, and is entitled to it, even if it isn't the same as yours. You should repect there opinion, and if you do that, then there's a much greater chance that they'll respect yours.

Also, another thing that realy ticks me off is that people continualy refer to there opinion as fact. Opinion and Fact are two completly diffrent things. Look it up in the fucking dictionary if you realy want to clarify things. But dude, just cause you hate "Band X", it doesn't mean "Band X" sucks. It just means that you "THINK" they suck. Others may like them, as like I said before, everyone has there own musical prefrances.

Dude just deal with it. This is actually a much tamer board then I've been on before.

Carcassian said:
Well, I for one say "fuck that", and the next person to say they like Korn gets my fucking fist rammed right in their cock-sucking teeth, free of charge.

Through the internet. You forgot that part.

This board is pussy.

Well, d'uh. What, you think my arms reach across the Atlantic?

(The threats of violence is my current shtick, it'll change in a week or so).

The only thing more annoying than people trying to stop the flaming is the people who post "this thread should be closed", which now appears in half the fucking topics posted

Carcassian said:
Fucking hell, so what, we all discuss things and go "Ok, it's great that you hold a completely ridiculous, ill-informed idea, let's go skipping hand in hand into the sunset?".

I like Korn

NO, just kidding, :lol: