Concerning Opinions: Etiquite Is Important

metal is a fickle fucking genre, we're all fucking assholes and you should die.

please.

imo of course

your opinion is fucking wrong.

Necro Joe said:
@ Blinded: I've seen your avatar before but am having trouble placing it, help a brother out.

i think its just a japanese tsunami painting.

I typed in "tsunami painting" on google image search and got the exact same picture.

tsunami.jpg

Zephyrus said:
i think its just a japanese tsunami painting.

I typed in "tsunami painting" on google image search and got the exact same picture.

tsunami.jpg
Actually, I searched Japanese Print, but close enough

I'm currently trying to figure out if I could rework it into a tattoo somehow

Thasis said:
Ok, I'm probally going to get flamed for putting anti-flammatory statements... but realy, I have something to say, and if you don't like it... well it's my opinion.

So let me start by saying, I'm rather fond of these boards. They are a great place to find people with similiar metal tastes, good metal knowledge, and a good refrence for metal bands. You can find practically anything metal-related on the boards. I respect all the veterns equally, and I think that this forum has the possibility to be a great forum.

My main problem is the amount of flammatory comments that are going around. Half the threads are filled with people saying "You n00bs suk cus yo liten to Band X" and "Fuck you! You suck for listening to Band Y!".

Ok guys, I respect that you don't like those bands, and you know what, that's your opinion. But guys, honestly, that's your opinion. Accept it, every poster has there own musical tastes, there own prefrenced bands, and there own bands that they flat-out don't like. Does that mean you should flame them? Realy they could flame you for the bands that you like? Does this make either of your right? No... this makes you both sound like jerks.

My whole point is that everyone has an opinion, and is entitled to it, even if it isn't the same as yours. You should repect there opinion, and if you do that, then there's a much greater chance that they'll respect yours.

Also, another thing that realy ticks me off is that people continualy refer to there opinion as fact. Opinion and Fact are two completly diffrent things. Look it up in the fucking dictionary if you realy want to clarify things. But dude, just cause you hate "Band X", it doesn't mean "Band X" sucks. It just means that you "THINK" they suck. Others may like them, as like I said before, everyone has there own musical prefrances.

your opinion is wrong.

You cant have a wrong opinion, you can have a fucked up one, but not a wrong one

o_O... well since most of the posts on this are immature I'm going to just yah know, ignore them. To some who actualy communicated there thoughts in a fashion that wasn't just fucking retarted:

Alot have been said about not posting things about Metalcore, Nu-Metal, etc... and I agree. You obviously don't go to a boards like this and say "NU-METAL PWNS!". That's almost as stupid as going to a KKK board and saying "BLACK POWER"... you just don't do it.

But my point is, instead of just flaming people to all fuck, getting people offended, and the such, try to be not nessarily polite, but not nessarily a complete fucking ass. If that doesn't work then flame away, but no matter how much you call someone a fag it's not going to change there opinion.

^ I tried to start of in that way, being polite to dicks, feeling sorry that they like such shit music and are going to get flammed to shit. Then when the 646330384 dick comes on starting stupid threads and wring things like korn is teh shit and what have you, I just couldnt be fucked be so polite any more

Mmm... well some people just deserve to be flamed... you don't post Korn on these boards. But let's say someone likes In Flames and someones like "In Flames sucks your mom you cocksuckers"... wtf? There metal, and it's definitly a good place to place about metal and your likes. If you don't like a band just post something like "Umm... dude... that band sucks... try Band X". Much better then the first example.

Thasis said:
o_O... well since most of the posts on this are immature I'm going to just yah know, ignore them. To some who actualy communicated there thoughts in a fashion that wasn't just fucking retarted:

Alot have been said about not posting things about Metalcore, Nu-Metal, etc... and I agree. You obviously don't go to a boards like this and say "NU-METAL PWNS!". That's almost as stupid as going to a KKK board and saying "BLACK POWER"... you just don't do it.

But my point is, instead of just flaming people to all fuck, getting people offended, and the such, try to be not nessarily polite, but not nessarily a complete fucking ass. If that doesn't work then flame away, but no matter how much you call someone a fag it's not going to change there opinion.
BLACK POW... wait, I'm in the wrong forum. I wondered why noone knew what polkacore was.