Your Autos

I'll have to upload my timeline of cars soon (73 Nova, 81 trans Am, 92 LX Mustang 5.0 which I still own from new, and the wife hand-me-down which I use for general driving the 98 Grand Prix).

I'm saving up for this one...
2010-camaro-ss-1.jpg

Yeah, americanmuscle.com is already starting to introduce parts/tweaks.

My boss at work (buddy of mine for over 20 years) has a vette and has modified his own chip settings for it, he's a super geek with that stuff and has his own software for it and whatnot, should make for some nice playing around!

ST: What mods have you done to your GTI?

None except for putting on a stubbie antenna, they were all done before I bought the car as I'm a) too lazy b) generally too broke and c) know fuck all about DIY modding.

I searched and found a car that had all the mods I wanted already done, but by an owner who wasn't a dickhead and who hadn't thrashed it to shit. The mods on the car when I bought it:

Engine re-mapped to 188 KW
Lowered on H&R sports springs
18" Karthoum rims
Neuspeed short shifter
Colour coded bumpers & side skirts
Chrome Mirror covers
Retrofitted Xenon headlights
iPod adapter in glove box

No retraction eh? (/epic facepalm)

Some reasons for 4x4 in AZ:

Paul%20at%20High%20Desert.JPG

51961d1256854578-off-roading-az-img_8644.jpg

Neither of these shots are of my truck and I but you get the idea.

lol I knew exactly what you were getting at, but why the fuck would you take your super omega duty pickup four wheeling? Sell that pile and buy a jeep bro. Then, and only then, will I understand owning a four wheel drive in the desert. That or buy a quad, up to you. I recommend the latter because quads are more fun.

I don't go through quite as extreme shit as that, usually very poor condition dirt roads way out into the desert to exclusive camping spots. That truck allows me to haul plenty of friends, beer, food, and chairs etc. Or to take my travel trailer on slightly better kept roads.

I just realized you already posted the mods on the first page, oh well.

Those are some very subtle yet nice upgrades. Do you plan on doing anything else?

I'd like to upgrade the exhaust at some point. And maybe install some proper bi-xenons. And take the wheel arch flares off (they were a legal requirement with the 18" rims). I'm pretty happy with it how it is though.

edit: I found the wheels I want the other day while on lunch:

http://www.teamdynamicsracing.com/pro-race/Pro-race12.htm

droool

Yeah they're nice. Not sure if I've seen them on any MkIVs.

Flew down to Florida a couple weeks ago and finally got the rod I was saving for! For the muscle car geeks: 2SS/RS

34332_459609499866_650584866_6191996_5193591_n.jpg

34332_459609509866_650584866_6191997_7207712_n.jpg

The 'ol 92 LX in the background, it has become the play toy now.

I got my plates in over the weekend:

umlicenseplate.gif

Nice one Deron, I'm more a fan of the older Camaros but that looks pretty cool. Also looks like it probably goes rather fast..

UM? LOL

You mean my full time job + the wifes pays ok, ah yes, THAT'S what you meant. :)

Actually, 1 house refinance + 1 side biz expense going away + 1 side biz expense cut in half = car payment :)

Oh and yes, Virginia speed limits suck!