Your Autos

Drunkard: Nice work, the Mk4 GTI is a nice ride. With a bit of tweaking you should be able to squeeze some extra horsepower out of it as well. The look you're going for in the second pic is great, lowered on nice wheels is always going to be a winner. Not sure about that paint job idea though. Do you have any pics of it on the other car you mentioned?

No pics, I just remember what my friends Honda looked like with that paint scheme and it was pretty awesome.

I think I might two-tone it in a different way. I know I want black rims with chrome lips like in the pic I posted earlier, but I want them to stand out more than they would on a gloss black car. So if I painted the bottom half of the car a silver or gun metal grey, the rims would contrast really well with that silver/grey at the bottom and make it pretty pimp looking. Aside from that, I've never seen a GTI with that paint scheme, so maybe I'll become a trendsetter.

Here's my inspiration:

CRW_4198_JFR.jpg

If done well it could look really good. I've seen a few silver mk4s with black bonnet & roof. Looks great.

First car, a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria, which I got from my Uncle in 08 (almost exactly the same except for those front lights):

Pic%20BO%20C147%20Mar%202005.jpg

Then I moved and sold it for a stupidly cheap price to my friend. Over the summer I was at my mom's in LA so didn't need a car, and I just drove their PT Cruiser whenever I had to go somewhere.

Then once in Vegas I got a 1995 Grand Am for $1300, which I already posted somewhere here iirc. Everything has been going pretty well with it except the battery is at half power and I'm hoping it'll last out for a little while longer.

I would suggest just buying a new battery man. They aren't that expensive and it'll save you a shit load of trouble.

I test drove that GTI again today, drove the shit out of to be honest. I hit 105 in 4th gear and it's a 5 speed. I just need to sell my car and that bitch is mine I tell ya.

Anyone want to buy a car and who's is close/semi-close to the Indy area?

I would suggest just buying a new battery man. They aren't that expensive and it'll save you a shit load of trouble.

I test drove that GTI again today, drove the shit out of to be honest. I hit 105 in 4th gear and it's a 5 speed. I just need to sell my car and that bitch is mine I tell ya.

Anyone want to buy a car and who's is close/semi-close to the Indy area?

I probably will in a couple weeks once I get money coming in. Right now I could pay for it, but I'd hardly have anything left.

Picked up my 02 VW GTI the other day. It wasn't registered so I didn't drive it to work Thursday. I got home, went and transfered the registration over and decided to take it for a ride. I picked up my buddy to show him my new ride and to go whack some balls at the driving range. We get done hitting balls, load our clubs in the back of my car, and the car won't start. Dead battery. FML.

This is why you don't let cars sit idle for extended periods of time kids. I was already planning on putting new plugs, wires, oil change, radiator flush, etc., this weekend, but I don't know if I want to wait that long.

Oh, and did I mention I have to buy new tires for it? Awesome.

Also, the body has a few bumps and bruises all over. Nothing major at all, but for someone like me, it's the same as a hanging bumper and no door. So I decided that my brother and I will just repair the dings and repaint the entire car (it's red). I was just going to fix the one defect on that left rear quarterpanel and call it a day, but it's only going to cost me $300 plus my own labor to just fix it and repaint the entire thing gloss black.

All that work could easily have cost me over $1k. It pays to have a brother who is an autobody tech and has his own shop. weeeeeeeeeee

It's a shame you didn't get that black one. Glad to hear you're getting rid of the red. Hopefully it'll be a good car once you've given it a good going over.

I was a little disappointed that the first one I found didn't work out, but it just wasn't meant to be. In the end I got the car I wanted, so it's all good.

On the bright side of having to do all of this maintenance is I should be good to go for a while. That, and I know it's going to be done right, so I won't have to worry about anything.

In spite of all that, the engine, transmission, and clutch feel phenomenal. I'd be a little worried if there was something wrong with the engine or drivetrain, but it's smooth as silk.

I'll be posting some pics eventually and do a little before/after bit. It's going to be fun to see the transformation.

On the bright side of having to do all of this maintenance is I should be good to go for a while. That, and I know it's going to be done right, so I won't have to worry about anything.

This.

On a related note, I finally got running boards on my Megacab. Put them on myself, not difficult at all.